Photo

If sovs are so easy, why do allied players suck with them?

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#1 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

I've noticed over the past years that i've played that most people say that Sovs are easy to use and that's the reason they play allieds.... but have you noticed that when they use sovs, they suck, (most of them)? Why is that?

#2 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:56 PM

lol nice 1

to answer your question

I can't :p Well only possible answer would be the're noobs right ^^

#3 AbRoMoV

AbRoMoV

Für immer frei und ungeteilt.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2180 posts
  • XWIS Name: ZooM

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:17 AM

to play sovs is fairly easy compared to allied, i guess they just have a bad start when they switch because you only have to control rhinos and dogs at the most. xD

Edited by AbRoMoV, 17 June 2012 - 12:21 AM.

#4 Rocker219

Rocker219

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:22 AM

I've noticed over the past years that i've played that most people say that Sovs are easy to use and that's the reason they play allieds.... but have you noticed that when they use sovs, they suck, (most of them)? Why is that?

When i switch to sovs i dont suck :| I just hate sov vs sov

#5 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:32 AM

Allieds are tougher to play with, but each team has different playstyles on all different maps.

If a player were to qm with soviets nonstop, they'd be best with soviets. If I decided to start playing allieds for a month, then by the end of month I'd be a pretty good allied player.

#6 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:40 AM

Sovs is all about Tank Control. If you fail at that, you might use Allied?

When i switch to sovs i dont suck :| I just hate sov vs sov

You suck at tank control ;)

You hate sovs vs sovs because you lose mostly :p in that occasion.

#7 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:44 AM

Allieds are tougher to play with, but each team has different playstyles on all different maps.

If a player were to qm with soviets nonstop, they'd be best with soviets. If I decided to start playing allieds for a month, then by the end of month I'd be a pretty good allied player.

Everything you said is right but completely unrelated to my question.

If allies are tougher, which they slightly are, why cant "good" allied players be better with sovs since they require "less skill"?

IMO, allieds are tougher because you have 2 extra units to control (rockies & planes) since most of the current allied players don't use BL often. In another point of view, those 2 extra units makes them that much easier to play with since you have 2 extra units to harass with.

What do you think?

Edited by Edd, 17 June 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#8 Rocker219

Rocker219

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:51 AM

Sovs is all about Tank Control. If you fail at that, you might use Allied?

You suck at tank control ;)

You hate sovs vs sovs because you lose mostly :p in that occasion.

Ava is more fun.

Svs is ****,

Has nothing to do with TC

#9 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:06 AM

You know whats more fun than allied v a.?
Man vs woman in bed.

#10 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:12 AM

same reason you're not as good with allieds as sovs, for example i can play sovs and beat you 1v1 sometimes or showtime or anyone of you sov players but the consistency of it wouldn't be great. the tc of sovs are different, and once you are use to allied miners the mining is all different

with sovs i generally run broke more often, and lose tank battles more often.

allied players only say sovs are easy to use because rhinos have higher HP and FP and it's more likely the soviet player will use less units or team than the allied player.

in the end though, when the allied player says sovs are the easy team to learn, they usually are just mad they lost. closed case.

#11 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

Everything you said is right but completely unrelated to my question.

If allies are tougher, which they slightly are, why cant "good" allied players be better with sovs since they require "less skill"?

IMO, allieds are tougher because you have 2 extra units to control (rockies & planes) since most of the current allied players don't use BL often. In another point of view, those 2 extra units makes them that much easier to play with since you have 2 extra units to harass with.

What do you think?

To me -- it's just a game so it's about what I enjoy doing. I can't stand playing as allieds, constantly harassing here or there, playing perfect, running away and forward constantly, base trading here or there. This is why itsam is the player I dislike most on the game :p. I prefer straight bo's, or creative bo rushes, and up front fighting where tc is absolutely needed.

If I played allied and really tried, I probably would be pretty good, same level as I am with soviets, after about a month. But I would drive myself insane.

#12 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:14 AM

allied players only say sovs are easy to use because rhinos have higher HP and FP and it's more likely the soviet player will use less units or team than the allied player.

in the end though, when the allied player says sovs are the easy team to learn, they usually are just mad they lost. closed case.

You're right, sovs have stronger tanks and less units but, the amount of time allieds spend attacking with air, the sovs spend defending. So both are multi tasking the same, yeah?

I know that there's alot of people that wholeheartedly believe that allieds are easier than sovs, win or lose. I think they both require alot of skill to be the best. If you're a good multi-tasker then allieds would be the easier faction since you have way more units to harass with. Or like prep said, some people enjoy sovs cuz it's more "relaxing"

#13 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:30 AM

You're right, sovs have stronger tanks and less units but, the amount of time allieds spend attacking with air, the sovs spend defending. So both are multi tasking the same, yeah?

I know that there's alot of people that wholeheartedly believe that allieds are easier than sovs, win or lose. I think they both require alot of skill to be the best. If you're a good multi-tasker then allieds would be the easier faction since you have way more units to harass with. Or like prep said, some people enjoy sovs cuz it's more "relaxing"

could be, every rts game is to have the teams be as balanced as possible with both pros and cons, unfortunately ra2 did get the TLC it deserved and that could be why allieds may be a bit under powered, however edd you know me pretty well and i'm allied or die type person :p

hold the phone! i just played a game on cs i was top with 2 war no mcv 7 miners and ore puri (with no ref @ 2nd gold)
vs 5 wars and mass deso 8 miners ref near both golds,

i win with spies.....allieds aren't under powered at all, people refuse to use tech because they fear desos ;)

Edited by streetTACO, 17 June 2012 - 02:32 AM.

#14 Walter

Walter

Colonel

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5296 posts
  • XWIS Name: Walter

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:58 AM

When i switch to sovs i dont suck :|

liar ;)

i remember that 2v2 you just played with us

and i guess maybe the same applies to me so probably because i **** though not because i use allied

#15 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:00 AM

hold the phone! i just played a game on cs i was top with 2 war no mcv 7 miners and ore puri (with no ref @ 2nd gold)
vs 5 wars and mass deso 8 miners ref near both golds,

i win with spies.....allieds aren't under powered at all, people refuse to use tech because they fear desos ;)

Exactly! You win this topic.

#16 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:13 AM

Exactly! You win this topic.

doez i getz cookie?

#17 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

In another point of view, those 2 extra units makes them that much easier to play with since you have 2 extra units to harass with.

What do you think?

No way, I consider myself pro with both allieds and soviets, and allieds are noticeably harder to play with. The main thing with allieds is you seriously can't make any big mistakes, but if a soviet guy loses his first 5 rhinos he can get 3 drones and be fine. Also, some rushes soviet vs allied are seriously seriously hard to stop, even if you micro near-perfectly as the allied player.

it's true that spy is really strong but to be able to even tech on most (ra2) maps is a challenge because to effectively use those extra units you have to be even MORE careful. All it takes is a lucky deso bomb from the soviet guy to completely destroy a large (if not entire) allied army.

Also, iron curtain is just too good, along with apoc+deso combo.

Also, don't get me wrong, allied vs sov isn't as bad as most make it out to be, but in the end allied is harder to play with.

#18 DrVanNostrand

DrVanNostrand

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5114 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:54 AM

there is no such thing as a "lucky deso bomb"
dont call ur mistakes other players "luck" thats just bad manner.

#19 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:55 AM

there is no such thing as a "lucky deso bomb"
dont call ur mistakes other players "luck" thats just bad manner.

Deso is a necessity in this game, but its power vs teched units is pretty damn strong. Also, i'm sure you can agree that lag plays a huuuuuuuuge factor in deso-deployments.

in the end 3-5 infantry shouldn't be able to make 20 mirage tanks go pop in 1 second

#20 DrVanNostrand

DrVanNostrand

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5114 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:16 AM

if theres lag its in favor of allied player in deso bomb situations

#21 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:22 AM

if theres lag its in favor of allied player in deso bomb situations

yah, when i said lucky deso bomb, i wasnt referring to lag. I understand where you are coming from as well. I just meant sneaking in a flak track and not seeing it and hearing unit lost, hitting space, and then seeing everything going pop...... lucky-deso-bomb

#22 DrVanNostrand

DrVanNostrand

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5114 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:41 AM

i see so splits are also luck then, i sneak 3 tanks and kill ur mcv lucky-mcv-kill.
or lucky-all-miners-died.

as said, if u dont see it its ur lack of skill not soviet players "luck"

#23 SpecialDe

SpecialDe

High

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • XWIS Name: EDan

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:47 AM

:not worthy: Allies are the best

#24 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

i see so splits are also luck then, i sneak 3 tanks and kill ur mcv lucky-mcv-kill.
or lucky-all-miners-died.

as said, if u dont see it its ur lack of skill not soviet players "luck"

k man

#25 XWISMOSTWANTED

XWISMOSTWANTED

Forum Warrior

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2850 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:11 AM

always that :censored: LUCK

0 user(s) are reading this topic