#1 YelIowish

YelIowish

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

Dear Admins/Olaf The Boss.

I'd like to ask how to interpret my ban. ( http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/172736-i-deserve-a-banbt32-09-07-2012/ )

Is it me or only my serial banned? Adam's IP and my serial because he used it on his computer or my IP as well?
Can I borrow a nickname or it's bannable (if so, would it be perm ban? for me or for a guy sharing also? just curious...)?

If in 2 months I use my serial to cheat and get perm ban, will Adam get it too? (vengeance! :devil: )

Thank you very much.

#2 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15264 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

if you use another serial on same ip - it will be banned and classed as dodging, as i did this - pre warning.

#3 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

from jr. help team guy: this is untrue, the offending player(s) is/are banned along with all connected serials to that/those player(s). If Yellowish was not personally proven for an offense, he may freely play on a separate, non-implicated serial.

#2 would be a shame Maciek, and shooting yourself in the foot to have it pierce someone else is pretty stupid imo. If you had a serial of Adam's and cheated on it, that serial and yourself, as well as all other serials you played on would get banned.

#4 YelIowish

YelIowish

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

Don't worry, i asked out of curiosity. I just don't cheat, but i like to understand how things work.
Thanks for your reply, now let's just wait for admin's binding interpretation. I'm not going to risk anyone's serial as some do for their own benefit.

#5 YelIowish

YelIowish

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

I need to add something.

I possess 2 serials - 1 forgotten long time ago, but i still have 2 active nicknames on it. I can't see them in my CP, but i could use them before the ban. 2nd serial was that one i shared with Adam.
Why both are banned, not only 2nd? Does it mean that Josh is wrong and all serials connected to my IP are banned as well?

#6 Ben

Ben

Volatile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9345 posts
  • XWIS Name: Ben

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

He said you need to use a non-implicated serial. Any serial you have ever used prior to this does not fit this description as it would either be directly linked to Adam as he used it himself, or by association as it's linked to you, and he used your account.

IF allowed you would need a completely fresh, unrelated serial to avoid being re-linked to your old accounts, and Adam. So that would mean NOT logging into any of your old accounts. Only using newly created ones.

#7 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13496 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

from jr. help team guy: this is untrue, the offending player(s) is/are banned along with all connected serials to that/those player(s). If Yellowish was not personally proven for an offense, he may freely play on a separate, non-implicated serial.

But you're not supposed to have multiple ST accounts and you're not supposed to use nicks from someone else.

#8 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

and you're not supposed to use nicks from someone else.

Just saying that over half the people on the game have shared nicks at some point.

#9 XWISMOSTWANTED

XWISMOSTWANTED

Forum Warrior

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2850 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

isnt it like adam/carlos got banned for "pushing" !? yellowish reported them and shared nicks/password.. so his serial/nicks get also banned.. but he didnt cheat so when he get a new serial hes allowed to play but he have to create new nicks.. thats how it always was..

#10 Ben

Ben

Volatile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9345 posts
  • XWIS Name: Ben

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

So then the only way he would be able to play is by sharing a nick as he cannot make another Strike-Team account. Ironic.

#11 YelIowish

YelIowish

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

Is it me or only my serial banned? Adam's IP and my serial because he used it on his computer or my IP as well?
Can I borrow a nickname or it's bannable?

I possess 2 serials - 1 forgotten long time ago, but i still have 2 active nicknames on it. I can't see them in my CP, but i could use them before the ban. 2nd serial was that one i shared with Adam.
Why both are banned, not only 2nd?

Olaf, please answer these questions.
Plus as i said earlier I'm not going to buy a new serial. Plus sharing nicknames isn't bannable.

#12 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:46 AM

isnt it like adam/carlos got banned for "pushing" !? yellowish reported them and shared nicks/password.. so his serial/nicks get also banned.. but he didnt cheat so when he get a new serial hes allowed to play but he have to create new nicks.. thats how it always was..

adam and gaciek got banned for "pushing" carlos got banned for shared serial.

#13 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13496 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

Olaf, please answer these questions.
Plus as i said earlier I'm not going to buy a new serial. Plus sharing nicknames isn't bannable.

That's what you get when you share serials. If one gets banned, all might get banned.

#14 YelIowish

YelIowish

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

adam and carlos got banned for "pushing" gaciek got banned for shared serial and reporting himself.

Fixed!
Even now, even here you lie?

That's what you get when you share serials. If one gets banned, all might get banned.

Is that all you have to say?
„MIGHT”? So you don't know?

That's what I get when i'm trying to repair my past mistake and doing the fairest thing I could.
Good lesson for all of us - hide your (or somebody's) sins, never confess.

I'm done. Thanks guys for your effort and understanding. I'm taking ~1% of Xwis ((405 QMs + some FFGs)/47680 total RA2 games) to the grave.

Have a nice day. It won't be Rainy Day.

#15 lukke

lukke

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

:no:

#16 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13496 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

„MIGHT”? So you don't know?

Yes, we don't guarantee all serials get banned.

We've been warning for the issues with sharing accounts, nicks or serials since forever. You chose to ignore those warnings and now you're blaming me for the consequences?

#17 FastWin4U

FastWin4U

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

Was fun playing with you Yellowish/Zomg/Beethovan/Rainyday! Hope you come back though :)

S0viet

#18 Walter

Walter

Colonel

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5296 posts
  • XWIS Name: Walter

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

*gaciek got banned for shared serial.

Do you have anything to say about this?

#19 YelIowish

YelIowish

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/170974-daydream-uses-unit-hack-discussion-split-from-report/
Remember? :)

#20 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

What now...
I remember you that i waited my ban to end.
Anyway rules are rules,you need to wait until your ban expires as well,and next time try to not put yourself in such delicate (and funny) situations,you simply could delete Adam's nick from the control panel.

#21 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

Fixed!
Even now, even here you lie?

its actually what i thought happened? :banned:

#22 aCnChaOz

aCnChaOz

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

im waiting now to 10th august my serial get banned too. i never cheated but trust the wrong ppl :(

#23 irag

irag

Zzzz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • XWIS Name: irag

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

I blame adam, everyday i hate you even more. I can clearly see how happy you are seeing Yellowwish getting this extended ban duration with you. Good for you, adam.

Also, Yellowwish..I know, this is a littel bit frustrating, seeing this bad attituded player abusing the situation to make you feel guilty that you reported both of you. Infact, i started to think that (Adam) "dodged" the ban intentionally, so he increases your ban duration with him. I hope that admins are going to keep an eye on adam as I think he has some special methods of dodging and manipulating.

Let's hope Olaf thinks seriously about it and decrease the ban duration (YOU STILL DESERVE A BAN), but increasing the duration because adam did somthing wrong is kinda unfair. Comeon Olaf!!!

Edited by irag, 15 June 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#24 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

serial sharing. dont do it.

#25 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members