91 replies to this topic

#26 magictank

magictank

Seal

• Warning
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:53 AM

"I remember years ago on about 2004 I used to play Heck map alot, and there were some Korea players that were just insane, some of then could control 8 or more eagles at once."
It's not hard to get 8 planes...especially on heck. But there were definitely some impressive korea players from wol days. Secon0058 (ken) was very impressive

#27 XMaDTanKX

XMaDTanKX

Oscar!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1721 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:10 AM

Yeah I remember that name, he and SeconTank, dunno if they were the same guy, he was very good altough, also I remember Jack0058/tank007 aka Matan was too ****ing good too.

And I ment controlling 8 eagles, is not the same as building them or getting them, I mean they could target 8 different targets with same group of eagles.

Edited by XMaDTanKX, 17 May 2012 - 04:16 AM.

#28 magictank

magictank

Seal

• Warning
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:35 AM

Number your planes and it's not so hard. Secontank, secon0058, and jack0058 were all ken. Matan was ok but not good lol. I used to train him. He used to split well, but was always outanked. Nice kid, though.

#29 XMaDTanKX

XMaDTanKX

Oscar!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1721 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

ok, i'm just confused as I might have seen Matan on jack0058 account, not sure althoug, cant really remember.

#30 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:16 AM

flak troops can be squished tho, and are vulnerable to dogs. In a larger attack it seems they'd be slow moving and difficult to stop in a safe yet protective position.

#31 DrVanNostrand

DrVanNostrand

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5114 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:52 AM

thats why use desos and conscript with them, try run them over with grizzlies and suddenly sov outtank you with 40 rhinos lol

#32 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:46 AM

Just get a radar early on and move your mcv near their base, then spam flak troopers, deso, conscripts and ctrl+shift the whole mass of infantry and tanks into his base while hiding your tanks behind the best anti allied fodder you're ever going to see.

The most overpowered anti Korea rush/technique is now yours. :p

#33 XMaDTanKX

XMaDTanKX

Oscar!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1721 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:02 AM

lol how creative ^^

#34 Walter

Walter

Colonel

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5296 posts
  • XWIS Name: Walter

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

how would you do it on alaskan outback marko?

#35 DrVanNostrand

DrVanNostrand

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5114 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

i dont know what is alaskan outback sorry and also what is "it"

#36 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

thats why use desos and conscript with them, try run them over with grizzlies and suddenly sov outtank you with 40 rhinos lol

okok solves that prob but it still seems like this infantry mass is going to be annoyingly slow.. what about itsam style basetrade after you've moved in?

alaskan outback is martins map and i took "it" to mean crushing ur opponent ^^

oh probably dragging around a bunch of guys with heavy guns just glad to be working xD

#37 DrVanNostrand

DrVanNostrand

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5114 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

mass inf is not a tactic for every map, as i said before it cant be done in all maps.

its hard for me to think about what i wud do vs korea since i havent played good koreans in ages .

best vs korea is turtling couple min behind flak cannons, have better eco, get more tanks, attack and crush .

#38 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

That allows the allied to go to late game though? The instant you come out from cannons you start losing tanks and also your miners don't stay behind flak cannons..

#39 AirPowerBro

AirPowerBro

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5755 posts
  • XWIS Name: Brother

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

That allows the allied to go to late game though? The instant you come out from cannons you start losing tanks and also your miners don't stay behind flak cannons..

That's obvious. Just make couple of flak troopers and put them on Guard... they will follow the miners and save the day.

#40 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

korea worked perfectly vs players like myself, since i cant just build up and wait in base, i always have to attack.
thats why top players like w0nna used korea mostly vs me. instantly built an eagle and rock since they knew i would attack from min 1.
if youre against korea, distract him with a rush, force him to waste money on eagle and rocks (so his eco will be bad), then chill back in base. have a cannon ready. build up 2nd waf, get fodder and do 1 attack and youve won since he wasted too much early money on a possible rush.

in the end it always depends on the map, spot, situation and who youre playing, so its always hard to say how to play.

experience and motivation is the key to success, just like with everything else.

#41 A7Wins

A7Wins

Sergeant SmasH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

Yeah i agree with Marko, although its easier said than done, Cannons have to be utilized early vs Korea attacks. Then later on when your money supply goes up, buy 4-5 Flak Traks and try your best to ctrl + shift them when enemy planes approach for the attack. The 4-5 Flak Traks are there for areas not covered by cannons and when transporting your army to your enemy (Obviously because cannons can no longer protect your army). With 4-5 Flak Traks you insure each time the enemy sends a plane to attack he will more than likely lose 1-2 at the cost of maybe a flak trak.

Ultimately in early games its tough to fend of Korea especially if they get a tech airport. However remain strong and endure because by late game, mass flaks own Planes.

Edited by A7Wins, 17 May 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#42 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

I would like to thankz to all the people who spend time writing info in this topic.

Now FLACK CANNON VS FLACK TRACK!?

#43 noobLit

noobLit

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

Now FLACK CANNON VS FLACK TRACK!?

VS Korea: Cannon > Flak Trak
Everyone else: Trak > Cannon

#44 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:18 AM

Any good Korea player that i can see his/her vids in youtube?

#45 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:11 AM

search red alert 2 seke ffg tournament

#46 XMaDTanKX

XMaDTanKX

Oscar!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1721 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

Any good Korea player that i can see his/her vids in youtube?

Watch BootyLover vids topic, he's pretty good with Korea and has tons of vids with em

#47 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

Since the economy is not that easy in Yuris as RA2, Is Korea a nightmare in yuris too?

Edited by wickedmind, 18 May 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#48 volkots

volkots

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • XWIS Name: n/a

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

Attached File  Snow_Valley.JPG   139.71KB   27 downloads
Lets say situation on snow valley, I am sov vs Korea player. After 2 refineries I move MCV to the middle spot A. At that time korea player already has 1 rocky and 1 eagle, I have ready cannon to place. I rally point my tanks from wf towards spot A next to my mcv. that rocky is annoying in the shown spot, so usually I build flak to kill that rocky and keep it behind cannon if he tries to kill it with an eagle but I must building stop tanks to build it - so I loose time. Also at that time his tanks are at B spot, while my tanks at A spot, if I try to fight vs them he might go to spot C, and plus my tanks would become vulnerable to the eagles, so I just try to block them going all around through my base towards spot C, usually next his step is to go back towards spot B - and it becomes annoying chasing...
So I would like to ask how to deal with such situation? Or is it good to build flak for that rocky? and to chase his tanks from spot A to the spot C (moving my tanks through my base, and avoiding his split when he moves back towards spot B)?

#49 XMaDTanKX

XMaDTanKX

Oscar!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1721 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

That situation is kind of weird, I think it would be to risky for Korea player to ge too close to sov players tanks in early game.

For rocket men I'd have a flak cannon ready, let them attack some building and place it there, you'll atleast kill one and others will go away. Then sell cannon and repeat step until your eco is good and you can have more cannons at base.

As for the Korea tanks, just don't let them to be at that spot, camp to mid, put a cannon there where your tanks are, and don't sell it, and/or a barracks and a few flak troopers around the cannon so you can cover that position better. If he goes to spot C with tanks, you do the same driving your tanks by rokie spot, but grizzlies are faster and can hit and run easier so really is a hard preassure to hold off.

Other option is try a base trade, ignore his tanks and go kill base, but rokies/eagles would be there waiting you lol, and you would lose a lot of tanks.

Third option is pressing the quit button and say GG...

Edited by XMaDTanKX, 18 May 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#50 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

That situation is kind of weird, I think it would be to risky for Korea player to ge too close to sov players tanks in early game.

For rocket men I'd have a flak cannon ready, let them attack some building and place it there, you'll atleast kill one and others will go away. Then sell cannon and repeat step until your eco is good and you can have more cannons at base.

This.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users