#1 Ben

Ben

Volatile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9345 posts
  • XWIS Name: Ben

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

Been pretty bored tonight, reading ST, thinking about epic topics of the past (or trying to, my memory fails me). So to help my memory out I started using the search function on my own name on different sub-forums (displaying the results as posts) and it turned out to be one of the most interesting things I've done all day. At first just searching the cheat reports section of Ra2, then YRs, XWIS discussion, and finally fair play. I already knew that I had forgotten quite a substantial amount of stuff that happened, but didn't realize the extent; I had completely forgotten certain people I spoke and played with often. Lots and lots of reading but I just got to relive some seriously hilarious threads, remember the people I had long ago forgotten, remembered all the different names I used on XWIS, and I didn't even remember that I got banned on Christmas Day 2006.

Only downside is that the further you go back the more you cringe reading your own posts, in my case anyway, haha.

The longer you've had an account the better this works obviously, but most everyone these days has been here at least 3 years (with some of us only a year away from a decade). So... If you think your own post history would amuse you then I highly recommend you have a read.

:bye1:

Edited by Ben, 14 May 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#2 cncpossessed

cncpossessed

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

I did this a while ago, was interesting and also cringe worthy. Unfortunately I don't remember the names of the duplicate accounts I made after o14 got banned.

#3 Alb3rt

Alb3rt

Sed0na Clan Vs. ST community

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • XWIS Name: aWarNoob1

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

Been pretty bored tonight, reading ST, thinking about epic topics of the past (or trying to, my memory fails me). So to help my memory out I started using the search function on my own name on different sub-forums (displaying the results as posts) and it turned out to be one of the most interesting things I've done all day. At first just searching the cheat reports section of Ra2, then YRs, XWIS discussion, and finally fair play. I already knew that I had forgotten quite a substantial amount of stuff that happened, but didn't realize the extent; I had completely forgotten certain people I spoke and played with often. Lots and lots of reading but I just got to relive some seriously hilarious threads, remember the people I had long ago forgotten, remembered all the different names I used on XWIS, and I didn't even remember that I got banned on Christmas Day 2006.

Only downside is that the further you go back the more you cringe reading your own posts, in my case anyway, haha.

The longer you've had an account the better this works obviously, but most everyone these days has been here at least 3 years (with some of us only a year away from a decade). So... If you think your own post history would amuse you then I highly recommend you have a read.

Lmao, I've done this before. I used to give the admins a terrible time. Though I found out, not as much as others.

#4 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15264 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

I may try this when i get back home, since its been like 10-12yrs of playing & posting & stalking & harrassing the xwis community im sure itl be funny!!

#5 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

Yeah it's crazy how much you change over the years,

#6 SaVaGeTnK

SaVaGeTnK

I'm Sexy and I Know It

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9339 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

I agree. I've seen some of my old posting from 3-4 years ago....what was I thinking back then.....

#7 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

ive got some cringe worthy stuff from when i was 15 yrs old hahaha!

#8 XMaDTanKX

XMaDTanKX

Oscar!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1721 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

Lol who remembers this http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/103329-planning-to-sue-if-action-not-taken-serious/page__fromsearch__1

It was epic :D

#9 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

Lol who remembers this http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/103329-planning-to-sue-if-action-not-taken-serious/page__fromsearch__1

It was epic :D

+1

#10 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

Has been looking into -EF-'s Private a week ago. Spend hours and hours in it. Specially from the time i was Moderator there while kicking everyones asses and ignoring everyone, inviting players others didn't want. Making Polls with options Yes and Yes only, that kind of stuff. Lol was great untill Paps listened to Alex's screaming and kicked me down :rofl:

#11 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

mikey and rami, adam and carlos nowadays. same scene, other names

#12 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • 18212 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

haha yeah ben
Ive done this

holy jesus, as 13/14 year olds we were pretty stupid
thankfully most of us are super chilled out these days

(wow 1 year from being on ST for a decade!)

#13 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

Insane tho how some people just dont change! :D

#14 Ben

Ben

Volatile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9345 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

haha yeah ben
Ive done this

holy jesus, as 13/14 year olds we were pretty stupid
thankfully most of us are super chilled out these days

(wow 1 year from being on ST for a decade!)

Maybe too chilled! 'cause I do miss that insane game passion. That over the top competitiveness. No game I've played since RA2 has ever given me such an exhilarating feeling. I fucking miss it.

#15 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

Then come and play!!!

#16 Ben

Ben

Volatile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9345 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

I played a little tonight while downloading Diablo, just verse noobs, was indeed fun though.

#17 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

If you bring on this exhilarating game passion here on ST now topics get locked and posters gets warnings. It was and won't come back. I agree with Ben though, it was in the time i was trolling Xwis online most time of the days and others where having fun in stealing "freepoints" from my dgnf / -EF- clan. Caus you got them (the points) when you played us and put a bit of effort in the game. Most people managed but after a little while (let's say some years) it came back at you. -EF- went pro and people began getting scared to play it. Mostly because we achieved the better player into it because they where simply symphasized by our standards and clan spirit formed by Papsarmy, formed on the field by me with Mikoz and Shaun as honored teammates or followers whichever you want to call it. Later on things turned, newbs were pro and the newbs raped the pro's in 2 vs 2. No one could beat us on that standard (Cs was our peak). Only clan was buznes who could oppose and kept on playing after losing. Others ran.

Ofcourse there where more. But clanning back then made the game. **** all those Qmatch rankings, clanning was this game hearts core.

There are still games out there, not so much as in the past. Returned two months ago and it is still great to play a game what was invented in 2000. Over ten years this game will still be awesome, only the playeramount will be even lesser then we are used to nowadays. A miracle has to happen to prove it likewise, but we don't believe in them do we?

I played a little tonight while downloading Diablo, just verse noobs, was indeed fun though.

That's how it is, this game will always be great you just have to adapt a little bit :)

#18 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • 18212 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

Maybe too chilled! 'cause I do miss that insane game passion. That over the top competitiveness. No game I've played since RA2 has ever given me such an exhilarating feeling. I fucking miss it.

hell yeah, too true

#19 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:13 AM

I threw a couple of tantrums here that i'm not too proud of.... other than that, it's awesome to relive the past. :D

Edited by Edd, 16 May 2012 - 07:13 AM.

#20 Ben

Ben

Volatile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9345 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

Haha, I find the tantrums are what make the past. That's that insane game passion. That over the top competitiveness. Although reading it all now after so many years I often find myself disagreeing with myself, but then again that's why it's so ****ing interesting.

Man, imagine if we had all the chat-stars topics... I used to clan with my old real life friend, Jay. He posted on Chat Stars in the early days. My other mate who I still see most days, who never played RA2 but posted on Chat-Stars was actually a mod there for a while, username "Uijims".

Me and Jays clans, someone may remember...

[NuMBr1] - Ben & Jays Followers
DeMoTruK (me) & a1CoPCaR (Jay)

[*KTM*] - Kant Touch Me
HaRdKoReX (me) & BiGbOyBuL (Jay)

I wish n1ghteyez was here... she'd remember the above clans and usernames!

Oh, and I don't know if anyone remembers, 'cause I barely can, but I was a mod at CS myself for over a year in like ~2003. I was 14 years old, hahaha.

Hostilegamers!
Phxclawus! Bsilenced! aCuPHoLDr!
Posted Image

Hostilegamers 2001:
Plenty of names here... ReDCuBiN, axpert202, BuShWaCKy, truownage, downdariva, Ra2Mirage/Cody
Posted Image

[CPTeam] - CNC Pro Team
From memory* iEFCNC is aamilkoooo, and I'm CNCTeam in this SS ----- this is a sub-forum of Hostilegamers
Posted Image

Early chat stars...
2002:
Posted Image

[@CNC@]
Posted Image

[_DOA_*] dead or alive
a1snlper is in this ss! AKA Juan! AKA MiNi2EaRt!
Posted Image

Top 100 clan points
Who is wrongword in this SS? I remember that name from playing yesterday... It had same caps and everything.
23450 ben W +57 wrongword L -41 07:24 Little Big Lake 00:43 16-05-2012 57 P
Posted Image

Nukie! Dunno if anyone remembers his drivers license photo, wish someone had a copy of that...
Posted Image

Holy ****, just found an old post of mine on a dupe account "HaRdKoReX_iZ_BaCk"
10/10 WOULD POST AGAIN
Posted Image

It's official!
Apologies for the page stretch if you have a smaller resolution than 1920x1200Posted Image

Edited by Ben, 16 May 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#21 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

some quality old stuff!!!!!!!

good old days ;D

#22 Ben

Ben

Volatile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9345 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

:D

#23 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

It's Andy, my clanmate.

He's german and his name on ST is andrz

#24 Ben

Ben

Volatile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9345 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

Would he have played in 2002 or is that a coincidence?

How do we all communicate these days? Are people still on MSN?

---------------

Just spotted axpert202 in one of the hostilegamers screenshots from 2001.
axpert101 & axpert202 [@XXX@] got reset by Westwood at end of month when they were rank 1 because their clan abbreviation was deemed inappropriate. DRAMA!!

Edited by Ben, 16 May 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#25 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

He played back then it could have been him, probably it is him yes. Is he some sort of Messias or something? If so im starting to pray right away :shock:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users