aXKOTRT

Old School player

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • XWIS Name: aXKOTRT

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

HI all,

I have a new Laptop I was hoping to use to play Ra2 among other things but when I load the game past the splash screens it becomes very slow.

I can't even get the the internet from the main menu, it doesn't seem to like it.

I'm using the downloaded version from this site.

My laptop is:

ASUS N53S
I5 2430m ( I think )
GE Force 540M
8 Gb of RAM
Windows 7 64 bit
I'm using direct X 11.
640gb HDD
(Not sure what else you might potentially need)?

It wouldn't run unless I ran as administrator and I have tried running it on comparability with Windows XP Service Pack 3.

I'm assuming the problem is due to the new tech in comparison to Ra2 days?

I know you can like emulate XP through your Windows 7. Now baring in mind this is a laptop, allbeit a fairly capable one. Is this something worth attempting to resolve the issue?

Please let me know if I can help further.

Many thanks

John

#2 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

Have u tried running it in compatibility mode for windows 98? if not try that by right clicking ra2 going to properties and selecting compatibility, if it still lags when its on check ur proccess usage in task manager look for programs with high usage and close them (if possible) if you get on it and it still lag try these topics.

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/154235-ra2-lag-choppyslow-gameplay/

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/171700-internet-optimizations-for-ra2-multiplayer-lag-fixes-speed-ups/

Edited by ZigZag, 08 May 2012 - 07:44 PM.

#3 aXKOTRT

aXKOTRT

Old School player

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

Have u tried running it in compatibility mode for windows 98? if not try that by right clicking ra2 going to properties and selecting compatibility, if it still lags when its on check ur proccess usage in task manager look for programs with high usage and close them (if possible) if you get on it and it still lag try these topics.

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/154235-ra2-lag-choppyslow-gameplay/

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/171700-internet-optimizations-for-ra2-multiplayer-lag-fixes-speed-ups/

Hi,

It didn't resolve the problem.

However I have read a few archived topics which describe the new problem.

It now seems it's working but I can't see the images of the buttons, the problem never seems to have been resolved but someone thought it might of been to do with refresh rates?

I will have a look at those as before my hardware issues (hence the new laptop) I had lag at these times and new it was down to this but didn't have the expertise to fix it.

Thanks for your help, any idea's on my new problem?

#4 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Hi,

It didn't resolve the problem.

However I have read a few archived topics which describe the new problem.

It now seems it's working but I can't see the images of the buttons, the problem never seems to have been resolved but someone thought it might of been to do with refresh rates?

I will have a look at those as before my hardware issues (hence the new laptop) I had lag at these times and new it was down to this but didn't have the expertise to fix it.

Thanks for your help, any idea's on my new problem?

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/172813-black-screen-no-menus-showing-in-red-alert-2/

#5 aXKOTRT

aXKOTRT

Old School player

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/172813-black-screen-no-menus-showing-in-red-alert-2/

I tried this doesn't appear to have worked. :(

#6 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

Hmmm.. do you have Ddraw.dll in ur ra2 folder? its a lag fix you can download here, if you have it try removing it, i had it and encounterd the same problem when i used that.

#7 aXKOTRT

aXKOTRT

Old School player

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

Hmmm.. do you have Ddraw.dll in ur ra2 folder? its a lag fix you can download here, if you have it try removing it, i had it and encounterd the same problem when i used that.

No, doesn't look like that either. Thanks for all your help by the way. I'll renew the fight tomorrow.

Cheers

#8 Sturm1337

Sturm1337

Germany´s Finest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • XWIS Name: S

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:00 AM

1) You need to set up another (fake) screen. Right click on desktop->screen resolution.
2) Click the Detect button. Unconnected screens will appear.
3) Extend desktop to a VGA connection on the Intel GPU (screen 2 in the image).
4) Drag the 2nd screen to the corner of the primary screen so the mouse boundaries of the primary screen will remain (almost) the same.
5) Click OK/Apply. A reboot is recommended.

Posted Image

I use this settings to see the Buttons

setting.jpg

#9 aXKOTRT

aXKOTRT

Old School player

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

1) You need to set up another (fake) screen. Right click on desktop->screen resolution.
2) Click the Detect button. Unconnected screens will appear.
3) Extend desktop to a VGA connection on the Intel GPU (screen 2 in the image).
4) Drag the 2nd screen to the corner of the primary screen so the mouse boundaries of the primary screen will remain (almost) the same.
5) Click OK/Apply. A reboot is recommended.

Posted Image

I use this settings to see the Buttons

setting.jpg

Hey,

I have been at work and just tried the solution. It doesn't appear to have helped, I tried to replicate your screen shot but I cannot understand how you created the almost '1' monitor thing.

Can you tell me how you did that?

Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users