25 replies to this topic

#26 e5q8

e5q8

Seal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

Can you give some details about your recording settings plz ?

I used to use Fraps to record Tiberian Sun matches at 60 frames per second. Then I started doing video game console commentaries so I bought an HDPVR PCI express capture card. I started to use the capture card on my computer instead of video game consoles by connecting it to my video card through HDMI. So I usually use the hauppauge colossus capture card to record tiberian sun matches since it takes the output and does all the work without slowing down my computer at all during recording.

The capture card records at 720p or 1080p but i choose 720p resolution and 60 frames per second.

Bandicam which is liek Fraps has a really good built in screen capture mode so recording with that at 720p gives good results without a capture card. I tested it and it seemed to work very well but I never recorded a whole game with it but Bandicam dominates Fraps in performance and file size.

Youtube can only go up to 30 frames per second so I reduce the frame rate in sony vegas. you have to disable resampling in the settings if you change framte rate like that because it will produce motion blur to try to smooth the video out since you reduced the frame rate.

Other games I usually use Bandicam and record at 30 FPS and not 60.

So basically use bandicam and record at 30 frames per second at 720p sincei doubt you gonna buy a capture card.

Posted Image

Edited by e5q8, 03 June 2012 - 06:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users