#76 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

there were less* players online.

also you totally missed the point aswell.

ill try to do it more simple so everyone understands it, hopefully..:

-ra2 has too less players to run many tournaments (there is already clan, qm and ffg, no need for a 4th option with a total of 100-200 players..), if you do tournaments, attract new/retired players with cash prizes or so
-most of the tournaments participants are qm/clan players
-tournaments are being hold at "active" qm/clan times, but alot of players are missed in qm/clan which means the other players cant get games, have to wait for longer or even leave the game. it just increases the time to wait for a game.

Edited by Tomi, 23 April 2012 - 09:22 PM.

#77 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15264 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

it increased activity for the night, there were more players on than usual

activity = games in general, it doesnt ONLY pertain to qm/cm

he isnt smart enough to realise this, obviously

-ra2 has too less players to run many tournaments (there is already clan, qm and ffg, no need for a 4th option with a total of 100-200 players..), if you do tournaments, attract new/retired players with cash prizes or so
-tournaments are being hold at "active" qm/clan times, but alot of players are missed in qm/clan which means the other players cant get games, have to wait for longer or even leave the game. it just increases the time to wait for a game.

join in the community fun, instead of your own little world then maybe you wont have to wait for a game.
we all had fun playing games, what did u do, wait ? good for you :crybaby:

the tournament and the players in it had fun, lots of activity, some of us even went on for some nice clan games afterwards, was great for several hours, hundreds of players online!
but as mason said, activity isnt just qm / cm.

on a side note - i dont play poker anymore.

and back on topic;

newest vids from tourny! :D

http://youtu.be/VG_pHx2MXtA

http://youtu.be/AMnvtzYJhyg

http://youtu.be/-sbkQw9wjG8

http://youtu.be/3xHVxcbPdR0

http://youtu.be/TEK-fkBpk9I

http://youtu.be/zSQ7iWN4Yk0

sorry for all the games i didnt capture (i think 1 or 2 at start ), i didnt have hypercam on until someone reminded me in lobby.

GGs all in tournament - sorry for all the off topic discussion!

Edited by BootyLover, 23 April 2012 - 09:27 PM.

#78 aXKOTRT

aXKOTRT

Old School player

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • XWIS Name: aXKOTRT

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

I can't believe this is being debated... The tournament is a great idea and gets people playing the right kind of Ra2 for competitive games.

While I can see the point that anyone not aware of the community on S-T will have a longer wait, the pro's far out way the cons here.

Whoever it is missing out should read the website stated when they log on or notice the high number of players in USA HQ is odd..

The fact it's been random teams means it's as fair as possible and you don't need to know anyone before you turn up.

Well done Booty I'm just sorry I couldn't make it due to my comp issues which I'm trying to resolve before next one.

Cheers

#79 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

your argument is void because you keep solely talking about qm and cm when FFG also applies to "activity"

#80 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

he isnt smart enough to realise this, obviously

join in the community fun, instead of your own little world then maybe you wont have to wait for a game.
we all had fun playing games, what did u do, wait ? good for you :crybaby:

the tournament and the players in it had fun, lots of activity, some of us even went on for some nice clan games afterwards, was great for several hours, hundreds of players online!
but as mason said, activity isnt just qm / cm.

on a side note - i dont play poker anymore.

and back on topic;

newest vids from tourny! :D

http://youtu.be/VG_pHx2MXtA

http://youtu.be/AMnvtzYJhyg

http://youtu.be/-sbkQw9wjG8

http://youtu.be/3xHVxcbPdR0

http://youtu.be/TEK-fkBpk9I

http://youtu.be/zSQ7iWN4Yk0

sorry for all the games i didnt capture (i think 1 or 2 at start ), i didnt have hypercam on until someone reminded me in lobby.

GGs all in tournament - sorry for all the off topic discussion!

why are you talking about being smart when you cant come up with any valid arguments?

i love how you simply ignore everything you cant respond/find an answer to and just go on with your own ****.

i know you dont play poker "anymore", you NEVER did. its just 1 out of 1000 lies.

you also denied the fact that youre a cheater, but fastly got proved wrong. its just a matter of time until everyone realises youre nothing but a lying cheater who makes up stories to get attention over the internet.

btw instead of living in your own fantasy world, pretending to have kids and and a gf, looking for attention on a gaming forum, being a social case living from the state, maybe its time to wake up, get a job and join the reality. i know that might sounds harsh to you now, but ive been studying you the past few weeks, take my hint before its too late

your argument is void because you keep solely talking about qm and cm when FFG also applies to "activity"

FFG is kinda irrelevant in this example, since atleast 90% of the tournament players would be playing qm/clangames at these times, which they werent. and people like myself (rank-players) couldnt get qm/clan games which we usually could get, which increased the waiting time or even forced them to leave the game because of less ranked games.

Edited by Tomi, 23 April 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#81 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

yh i get what ur saying, maybe we can do a 2v2 CM tourny bo7 each match?

#82 tbiol

tbiol

Captain

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • XWIS Name: tbiol

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

Clan, qm, and ffg are good options. Why do you have a problem with the fourth option. you do realize that in a random draw tournament, the 'thrill' is the random draw, where even average players can get teamed up with 'the best'. Please explain to me where this happens on a normal day to day basis? You do realize that the 'big time clanners' generally try to clan with each other.

yes, you are right here. Perhaps the draw would be to bring more players into a 'for fun tournament,' where participating and learning about other players overall is a good thing.

Tomi, if I recall from two weeks ago's tournament, you were part of the problem, being afk for long periods of time when he was trying to get things organized. So it's seems strange the you are harping on a problem that you were part of the root of.

yes, there are downsides. Perhaps organization could be done better, but he is doing this by himself. Rather than complain, maybe lend a helping hand. Perhaps you'll get more out of it, then being a downer.

That's all

#83 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

just shortly before im off to bed, my head is hurting when im on st..

actually i was waiting in the lobby for 45mins after the start, without a game starting for me, then i gave up. sorry for not being able to wait hours for a game. you seem to be missinformed or adam just lied to you, which doesnt surprise me, thats all he does besides his cheating.

and no, i wont help a cheating disgrace like him with anything.

bye.

Edited by Tomi, 23 April 2012 - 10:12 PM.

#84 XWISMOSTWANTED

XWISMOSTWANTED

Forum Warrior

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2850 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

i had fun till i played adam and seke.. we should won that series 3-2.. but soon they realised they would lost they alt resf and wars with 1-2 tanks left ..to win the last 3 games.. because low ego couldnt took a fair lost.. when u ask why they did it then u get flamed.. so childish.. they totaly ruined the games and the fun of that evening.. i and my m8 will never join that tourny again.. they also lost vs us but in stats they are undefeated like edd and nokandy.. so funny.. but hey karma is a nice thing! enjoy ur ban adam ;)

#85 SpecialDe

SpecialDe

High

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • XWIS Name: EDan

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

a1Who you one map lbl and engi eat every game i played you PLEASE :guilotine: yourself :yes:

#86 XWISMOSTWANTED

XWISMOSTWANTED

Forum Warrior

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2850 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

a1Who you one map lbl and engi eat every game i played you PLEASE :guilotine: yourself :yes:

lol ok.. so what u try to tell me proven cheater? nobody can get worser then a proven cheater.. you got no room to talk ;) noob! oh and when we meet in qm even u try ifv engie rush always u still just won 1 game u noob! what u talking about?! on ur BiKe Son BIKETIME!

Edited by a1Who, 23 April 2012 - 11:50 PM.

#87 xNathanx

xNathanx

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2803 posts
  • XWIS Name: RaganZin

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

i had fun till i played adam and seke.. we should won that series 3-2.. but soon they realised they would lost they alt resf and wars with 1-2 tanks left ..to win the last 3 games.. because low ego couldnt took a fair lost.. when u ask why they did it then u get flamed.. so childish.. they totaly ruined the games and the fun of that evening.. i and my m8 will never join that tourny again.. they also lost vs us but in stats they are undefeated like edd and nokandy.. so funny.. but hey karma is a nice thing! enjoy ur ban adam ;)

adam and seke would 5-0 cause me and adam 5-3 u and ur mate. Plus u alted us... Seke its better then me so they definatly woulda smacked u harder.

#88 XWISMOSTWANTED

XWISMOSTWANTED

Forum Warrior

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2850 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

adam and seke would 5-0 cause me and adam 5-3 u and ur mate. Plus u alted us... Seke its better then me so they definatly woulda smacked u harder.

ok doctor.. lol.. then tel adam post them vids.. to make u belive doctor.. u just jump in because ur butbuddys ; ) hush please.. and bail 1 vs 1s more..

#89 cncpossessed

cncpossessed

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

This is pathetic.

#90 XWISMOSTWANTED

XWISMOSTWANTED

Forum Warrior

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2850 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

This is pathetic.

maybe it is.. but well its all good..

Edited by a1Who, 24 April 2012 - 12:01 AM.

#91 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

I'm not in anyone's side but I understand what tomi is saying, for people who are constantly looking for qm, this tournament can be a problem but only for that day and only a couple hours of that day. On the other hand, I haven't really played much ra2, in fact, the tournament made me want to come play because well, it's for fun. We got on TS (teamspeak) and we were laughing about stupid ****, sadly only a few of us had mics... (Mason is hilarious when he's drunk btw) When I came on, Steffen was browsing ST and saw that I was online and that made him get online for the first time in 5 years and that kept me on and made me get on today aswell and more now that he's back playing with me!

So in short, both are right... for people who like QM, it brought less activity to QM... for people who like to play for fun, it brought activity to ra2.

#92 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

i got engied first game and then alted the rest of the games, not that it was a bad engi either i mean you guys walked it and everything which is cool imo but i was drunk and didnt care

oh and the reason he gave you 0 wins was because you guys wouldn't finish the series. (he did this, I said he should just put 2-1)

#93 XWISMOSTWANTED

XWISMOSTWANTED

Forum Warrior

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2850 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:37 AM

I knew u would come up with i was drunk.. Engie walk from mcv.. When game was decided ya way.. Nobody alted ur wars and refs to win the game.. At least u admited it.. Adam have problems with loosing.. Hes a low and lier..

#94 xNathanx

xNathanx

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2803 posts
  • XWIS Name: RaganZin

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

ok doctor.. lol.. then tel adam post them vids.. to make u belive doctor.. u just jump in because ur butbuddys ; ) hush please.. and bail 1 vs 1s more..

Dude ur worse then almost anyone on this game when u lose (flaming wise). U are constantly on the fourms flamming adam whenever he posts. Then u complain about alts and engi's and eats when u are the one who does it, and the only reason people do it to u is cause u do it to them. And im always down to 1v1 clan match just not on Little big Lake. Witch is the only map ull play 1v1....

But whatever this is totally off topic. I disagree that "tournaments decrease cms/ qms" Because u get all these good people in one lobby and when ur waiting for a game ( the next round of the tourny or what not), You can cm or qm cause there are tons of people to do it with!

Edited by xNathanx, 24 April 2012 - 05:38 AM.

#95 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

Congrats to the winners (if any) ^^

Adam you're doing great work with these tournies and I hope you continue it. If its true you alted wars and refs to win I think its a little counter productive from an activity standpoint- but the effort in hosting tournies and uploading vids is great :)

#96 Peer

Peer

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:24 AM

I had great fun this weekend. The people that are b1tching about these tournaments just boggles my mind really.

#97 XMaDTanKX

XMaDTanKX

Oscar!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1721 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

Tourneys have always been done and nobody complained, it actually attracts players to the game, are fun and only last a couple hours, after you can get QM,CM or w/e. I can't see whats the problem actually... if any

Edited by XMaDTanKX, 24 April 2012 - 08:11 AM.

#98 aXKOTRT

aXKOTRT

Old School player

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • XWIS Name: aXKOTRT

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm not in anyone's side but I understand what tomi is saying, for people who are constantly looking for qm, this tournament can be a problem but only for that day and only a couple hours of that day. On the other hand, I haven't really played much ra2, in fact, the tournament made me want to come play because well, it's for fun. We got on TS (teamspeak) and we were laughing about stupid ****, sadly only a few of us had mics... (Mason is hilarious when he's drunk btw) When I came on, Steffen was browsing ST and saw that I was online and that made him get online for the first time in 5 years and that kept me on and made me get on today aswell and more now that he's back playing with me!

So in short, both are right... for people who like QM, it brought less activity to QM... for people who like to play for fun, it brought activity to ra2.

- Good post

Also though potentially doing a clan run tournament once a month might help the problem somewhat and create an interesting dynamic while increasing activity and fun?

I don't personally have enough time to play all the time reguarly, but I could get on for a knockout tournament. I'm sure there are others in the same boat.

Thoughts?

#99 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15264 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

- Good post

Also though potentially doing a clan run tournament once a month might help the problem somewhat and create an interesting dynamic while increasing activity and fun?

I don't personally have enough time to play all the time reguarly, but I could get on for a knockout tournament. I'm sure there are others in the same boat.

Thoughts?

also limits people - since i know some players cannot use their CP or... for some reason have no spare nicks for clans, this would intringe on joining / playing in clan games. (this is the main reason i havent done this - as i couldnt use my CP, and neither could a few ppl i knew)

ffg tourny led is much easier to handle, requires less work for the "players" and i do 'most' of the work by organising brackets, teams, schedules etc, and hopefully u guys enjoy it all !!

i will however be changing it somewhat, so that i dont encounter people not turning up, and therefore stop having to change teams around again and again.

i will arrange for people to turn up at "x" time, and if they dont, they will not be entered into the tourny.

#100 tbiol

tbiol

Captain

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • XWIS Name: tbiol

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

must be a tournament going on, I'm having trouble getting a qm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users