#1 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

I've found that TL has enough ore for two spots and never really has to move MCV, but you run out of ore pretty quick from your spot if you go a few miners for early 2 facs+para

So my question is, When and how do you move?

Do you go 0-1 miner spam tanks move early,
or do you get 2-3 miners and move when you get 2-3 Wafactories?

Or maybe i see this totally wrong (do you just build up to mid?? prism or pill walk?)

lol it's extremely hard to take Mid as allied here :\

#2 shiftingra2

shiftingra2

qm or cm any1?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

I dont take mid there is far too much ore to risk my mcv in the middle. I make 2 miners from warf then after 2nd warf i move to the next closest ore patch and place a refinery then go 3rd warf and move mcv to next ore patch then 4/5 warf

#3 Walter

Walter

Colonel

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5294 posts
  • XWIS Name: Walter

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:04 AM

Pretty much stretch up or down if you're left / right... kind of a luck map though

Hard for allied to beat sovs imo esp if you try to attack br with it

#4 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:49 AM

any updates on this since the map has been out for a while?

#5 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15230 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:45 AM

I used to LOVE morningtide - great map! Both for Sovs AND Allies. 

Obviously long game, teching up is the bomb! :D 

#6 T4nKD3sTr0Y3r

T4nKD3sTr0Y3r

Mladhiy Serzhant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • XWIS Name: Stingox

Posted 27 June 2016 - 01:10 PM

*Makes Psychic Sensor*

Hi Mirage Tanks.

#7 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4629 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:48 PM

Hi tony, there is 5th spot on morningtide Lm which was adjusted years ago to allow building toward gems more easily.

There has never been any complaint regarding resource imbalance as far as I'm aware- Tr was adjusted before that to allow better build space connecting ore patches, but nothing regarding Br

It's quite a popular map I think if more ppl felt Br was a problem there would've been more feedback toward that effect

#8 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3813 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:05 PM

Hi, this was just from a pure tactical perspective back when i played allied.

while winning was possible, it seemed tough for me (i am obviously not the best allied player but i did get pretty quick with them)

AS br vs a powerful sov on TL

this was just a purely strategic/tactical question and was not directed towards the balance of the map

#9 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • XWIS Name: djaningar

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:09 PM

Get ur eco secure (5-6 miners) and then move. Either to next ore patch or to mid, both are fine. The idea with mid is to chrono miners there, suck it up quick and pump air for map control and then move conyard again. 

TL and BR are the best 2 spots for allies though, the other spots can be GG instantly sometimes vs 0 miner pressure -- ur miners are hard to protect + low amount of gems 

#10 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6876 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:46 AM

Get ur eco secure (5-6 miners) and then move. Either to next ore patch or to mid, both are fine. The idea with mid is to chrono miners there, suck it up quick and pump air for map control and then move conyard again. 

Thats a standart bo. possible but i would recommend just goin 1 miner and move mid afterwards. not spending to much on fodder and use the early pressure to secure your ref @ mid gems.

#11 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15230 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:26 AM

TL and BR are the best 2 spots for allies though, the other spots can be GG instantly sometimes vs 0 miner pressure -- ur miners are hard to protect + low amount of gems 

Thats a standart bo. possible but i would recommend just goin 1 miner and move mid afterwards. not spending to much on fodder and use the early pressure to secure your ref @ mid gems.

i would say both are valid points, but i prefer the solid eco strategy due to having to pump extra defence, dogs, rokis for mid control when sovs come and try  crash your miners whilst taking middle - if you do this too early, you will struggle to defend the middle (from what i remember!) especially vs a good soviet ! 

TL was always my fave as allies, then BR, then BL....... the mid left was usually the worst and TR was hard to manage if you didnt know BO through trees!! :) 

#12 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

I'm All About That Base

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2151 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:05 PM

Do bos really matter? Because a lot of times I've seen some pretty perfect bos lose to half decent ones because the other guy had better multitasking and also did everything a little faster. I mean, unless your bo totally sux, like you build 3 refs before your first warfactory or something, I think bos don't really matter too much. Multitasking and speed owns bos imo.

#13 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • XWIS Name: djaningar

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:00 PM

when sovs come and try  crash your miners whilst taking middle - if you do this too early, you will struggle to defend the middle (from what i remember!) especially vs a good soviet ! 

vs a (good) soviet on that map u should struggle to defend ur miners no matter what ur strategy is: they are out in the open from start to finish.  :nonono:

#14 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15230 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:01 AM

Do bos really matter? Because a lot of times I've seen some pretty perfect bos lose to half decent ones because the other guy had better multitasking and also did everything a little faster. I mean, unless your bo totally sux, like you build 3 refs before your first warfactory or something, I think bos don't really matter too much. Multitasking and speed owns bos imo.

BO is all about eco, placement of tanks production for easy, cliff building, movements to new ore the most efficient ways etc etc and help massively for your moneys sake (instead of moving MCV all the time to new ore patches - which is also good sometimes) ...... the multi tasking / pressing / being able to play ra2 bit.... is obviously where the great players stand out vs the good. 

vs a (good) soviet on that map u should struggle to defend ur miners no matter what ur strategy is: they are out in the open from start to finish.  :nonono:

yes, a good soviet always presses vital parts of your army as you well know :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users