#1 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

i just got my warn level increased to 40% for asking what further evidence was required in a cheat report i made and followed up for my younger brother who doesnt know who asked me to do it for him as he didnt know how

Can this be removed?

#2 SaVaGeTnK

SaVaGeTnK

I'm Sexy and I Know It

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9339 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

The warning lowers automatically. Its nothing to worry about unless a person blatantly posts on places he should not or breaks the rules. If that's not your case then don't worry ;)

By the way Cheat Reports are not a discussion forum and only analyzers and the person who reported are the ones to post on the report.

#3 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:14 AM

The warning lowers automatically. Its nothing to worry about unless a person blatantly posts on places he should not or breaks the rules. If that's not your case then don't worry ;)

By the way Cheat Reports are not a discussion forum and only analyzers and the person who reported are the ones to post on the report.

i was teh one to post the report, but simply on my brothers account at his house as he didnt know how

#4 SaVaGeTnK

SaVaGeTnK

I'm Sexy and I Know It

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9339 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:22 AM

I dont have Yuri's power to control or read minds.

#5 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

you don't need to, he's telling you
lol, accept you made a mistake and at least try and fix it

#6 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

well i already explained this to grant about a fortnight ago when i originally posted in the topic

#7 SaVaGeTnK

SaVaGeTnK

I'm Sexy and I Know It

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9339 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:52 AM

well i already explained this to grant about a fortnight ago when i originally posted in the topic

You should have pointed that out in the topic. You and many other people have been having a free for all posting all over cheat reports. The section needs to get cleaned up and the focus is to get the job done, not to keep track of who's who or who's brother posted. The reporter is the only one to post and the people concerned in the game. As i said...if you don't go posting in the wrong sections then you don't need to worry about anything ;)

#8 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

You should have pointed that out in the topic. You and many other people have been having a free for all posting all over cheat reports. The section needs to get cleaned up and the focus is to get the job done, not to keep track of who's who or who's brother posted. The reporter is the only one to post and the people concerned in the game. As i said...if you don't go posting in the wrong sections then you don't need to worry about anything ;)

I am the one who posted.. and i informed an admin of that. what more do you want, the only posts ive made in cheat reports are helping players gather the evidence needed in an attempt to speed things up. As the level of cheat reports being done is slow due to lack of staff, surely helping people to try speed the process up isnt a crime?

#9 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13496 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

Next time, use the proper account or post your relation to the topic starter in the topic itself. No, helping itself isn't a crime but too often these helpful posts turn into a long unhelpful discussion.

#10 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

Next time, use the proper account or post your relation to the topic starter in the topic itself. No, helping itself isn't a crime but too often these helpful posts turn into a long unhelpful discussion.

I quite agree, i was simply stating that im not guilty of that.

#11 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:27 AM

Did the topic in this particular case turn into a discussion?
Was the 'helper' inciting any flame or prolonging of the analysis of the report?

If no then the warn level should be reduced.
There are circumstances where the reporters should be contacted privately to confirm such cases.

If it consumes too much time well then why are warn levels administered for the laziness of the analist or the reporter?
It's just slack... IMO the admins and the staff are too trigger happy and one sided on the warn levels. Over the year's I've noticed many 'donators' recieve admin or mod immunity. Which IMO is complete slack. The rules apply to everyone the same! Otherwise I would just donate and reshroud all day long. (sarcasm) In all seriousness admins need to be neutral and administer warns and bans where needed. Yet this is not the case. (I've recived warns in the past for my sig size, yet I don't see any warns administered for any of the current rule breakers) This is bull and I will not or shall not help any of the forum members until admin/mod neutrality is in effect and everyone of the forum posters is treated the same. (look at firew0rks sig size.) ( I want a big sig too, why do I need to get a warn every time I exceed the limits? Advertize a forum sig permium account if u have to. )

I've always tried to be neutral and post what's needed (unless confronted by a forum troll with flame or ''trolling''.)
In this particular case the warn level should be reduced, simply because it's fair.

As staff of the only 'official' C&C server you need to be neutral, polite, friendly and straightforward, Instead of misleading people by posting half assed comments and warning for ridiculous reasons.
IF I was at an admin level about 80% of the posts on this site would get deleted for absolute spam and flame inciting that goes on. It is seriously redicolous in the level of common sense what most people get warned for. How about you get on to what is needed and concentrate on that instead of administering warns for useless post.

I've been trying to post relevant information in help topics and cheat reports since I became an xwis buddy, but the serious amount of spam in cheat reports and help topics by wanna be helpers goes unpunished or undirected and it seriously makes me feel depressed and ungrateful for being part of this community. Does anyone actually care what happens here? Does anyone realize the definition of professionalism?

Edited by FReQuEnZy, 25 March 2012 - 08:27 PM.

#12 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:03 AM

Fixed (sorta :p). Imo, sig rules should be updated as nobody uses dial-up anymore.

#13 SaVaGeTnK

SaVaGeTnK

I'm Sexy and I Know It

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9339 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

Did the topic in this particular case turn into a discussion?
Was the 'helper' inciting any flame or prolonging of the analysis of the report?

If no then the warn level should be reduced.
There are circumstances where the reporters should be contacted privately to confirm such cases.

If it consumes too much time well then why are warn levels administered for the laziness of the analist or the reporter?
It's just slack... IMO the admins and the staff are too trigger happy and one sided on the warn levels. Over the year's I've noticed many 'donators' recieve admin or mod immunity. Which IMO is complete **** and slack. The rules apply to everyone the same! Otherwise I would just donate and reshroud all day long. (sarcasm) In all seriousness admins need to be neutral and administer warns and bans where needed. Yet this is not the case. (I've recived warns in the past for my sig size, yet I don't see any warns administered for any of the current rule breakers) This is bull and I will not or shall not help any of the forum members until admin/mod neutrality is in effect and everyone of the forum posters is treated the same. (look at firew0rks sig size.) ( I want a big sig too, why do I need to get a warn every time I exceed the limits? Advertize a ****ing forum sig permium account if u have to otherwise, enjoy the counter. )

I've always tried to be neutral and post what's needed (unless confronted by a forum troll with flame or ''trolling''.)
In this particular case the warn level should be reduced, simply because it's fair.

As staff of the only 'official' C&C server you need to be neutral, polite, friendly and straightforward, Instead of misleading people by posting half assed comments and warning for ridiculous reasons.
IF I was at an admin level about 80% of the posts on this site would get deleted for absolute spam and flam inciting that goes on. It is seriously redicolous in the level of common sense what most people get warned for. How about you get on to what is needed and concentrate on that instead of administering warns for useless post.

I've been trying to post relevant information in help topics and cheat reports since I became an xwis buddy, but the serious ammount of spam in cheat reports and help topics by wanna be helpers goes unpunished or undirected and it seriously makes me feel depressed and ungrateful for being part of this community. Does anyone actually care what happens here? Does anyone realize the definition of professionalism?

I think you are over reacting and being melodramatic. There is no such preference for donators in anyway. You can check their warn status logs and they are the same as any other member and they get banned for cheating the same as any other player.

For the warns issue ST has never reduced warns, ever. The systems auto reduces the warns and the warn policy in cheat reports is strict and believe me Ive been lenient. I don't go through forum sections looking to give warns, that was t00much4u's area and Olaf tends to do them also. I analyze and keep the cheat reports in order. The section has had a free for all from everyone from people helping to people just spamming in general.

On the last 3 days I could have given so much warnings that i could of post banned countless accounts but i took the "educational" approach. Warnings needed to be given out to make people conscious about the Cheat Report spamming again since the section was over due of attention and people were either spamming like crazy or just posting freely to help out. Its not their fault that the section was not being looked at either.

Just to make it clear a cheat report is supposed to be a 3-4 post affair. Report is made analyzer comments and then the proper action is to be taken, that's it. When people not related start posting or people start "trying" to help then they make it a novel or a 3 page affair which means i have to read it all to know where the relevant info is and see who is related and what is going on. Doing that consumes time and extra effort and warrants the warnings as per the sections rules.

#14 Jev

Jev

Captain

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1024 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

Did you get a warn increase for using these words?, I did. Also for congratulating . You wont win against them.

#15 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

I can win against anything. I know quite a lot about this game, some of it if revealed would screw it up quite immensely. :)
if there's no neutral justice then, well... there is no justice really and it's just power tripping and it infuriates me.

Also that post was a drunken rant and not aimed at you Eddy. It was mainly aimed at Olaf. Simply for his lack of fairness and neutrality.

#16 Jev

Jev

Captain

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1024 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

You have to trust in Olaf, there is little else you can do. As an example go to the laundry service adn see who gets banned after abusing or flamiong or disconnecting against Olaf. Does anyone get to see waht happened? NO so we have to trust that it took place without any proof. :confused1:

#17 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12219 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

I can win against anything. I know quite a lot about this game, some of it if revealed would screw it up quite immensely. :)

Yea, yea youre not that special. I hope you get banned so you can suck on your arrogance.

#18 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

Banned for what? I don't break xwis server rules.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users