fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

http://youtu.be/eyPdRqb0S3k

I couldn't view this one^, and I'm sure there was another one, it must've been in a different topic. I haven't seen many matches on this map so I really wanted to watch this :(... (<--- did my sad face make you feel bad and wanna re-upload the file even more?) :D

Btw, the heading says "My RA2 / YR Videos...", when are the YR ones coming?

Edited by Fireworks, 16 March 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#77 AD4M

AD4M

Allied King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

I couldn't view this one^, and I'm sure there was another one, it must've been in a different topic. I haven't seen many matches on this map so I really wanted to watch this :(... (<--- did my sad face make you feel bad and wanna re-upload the file even more?) :D

when people come online YR....

just adding it to youtube now for you guys - lemme know what other ones also!

#78 YelIowish

YelIowish

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

My opinion...
I am surpised you are that good with so many mistakes - sometimes you forget about your splits, your TC isn't great (at least often it isn't), you don't care about the power (why not sell 1 useless ref to get it back?). Am i wrong?
Also you make 2-3 dogs every game, i usually make 4-5. But if it's enough to scout and see possible splits, sure, why not.
Mass rockies... looks like it works for you, but it's so expensive and it costs you 3-6 rockies every time you attack and sov has flak cannon ready. Strange.
So in general... No clue what makes you so good :D
And question: don't you think it would be better to go 0 miners sometimes and protect tech buildings? Bull run for example and left-mid oil lost in game vs Deadlykil.
Videos... I like the quality, but at least 2 are blocked. Don't add such a music? ^^
And can you make game sounds a bit louder?

These are my questions/suggestions/doubts. No offence :p But we're here not to praise each other, right?

#79 AD4M

AD4M

Allied King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

ok here goes;

1 - splits : i usually dont forget about these, unless they are paradrop etc - usually for distractions not for intentional wins etc

2 - T C: alot of people think allies TC should be same as sovs, when actually it is quite different i have found out. allied tanks seem to do alot better in close combat, and are quicker shooters (can turn turret quicker and reshoot etc a bit quicker - as they have better "agility" albeit) therefore i like to mingle my allied tanks in sov tanks alot, splitting his tanks from a big grouped army into small pieces, so i can then pick them off by moving my tanks to vulnerable parts. dont get me wrong, TC is vital in this game, and u will see i have pretty good TC in the right times / places - which is why i win alot of tank fights.

3 -low power: ok so low power doesnt really effect me too much, cos i usually will make pp straight after, or i know i got a ref left over (as u said earlier) and will just sell that to regain it - unfortunately, u may not have seen this from the vid or 2 u have watched - but it usually happens, ul probly see from future vids.

4 - dogs:2-3 dogs is plenty for any map, just avoid his anti scout, and scout well with them - i dont waste on +3 becos no need. early eco is vital !

5- rokies ok so mass rokis for me, seems to win me a HELL of a lot of games. people dont use them enuf, to damage sov tanks in tank fights and assist ur grizzly or to split and split dam good. yes flak will own them alot of time, but u sacrifice 1 or 2 rokis (600-1200) for his cannon $1k and maybe flak trak $500. think i come out on top alot. also i will fake attack rokis in places, so he places cannon (i dont actually wana attack here) then i run my rokis to the place im attacking properly... so he has to make cannon again.... (this works gud alot of times!)

6 - miners: 0 miner is ok, if u get good eco from map, gems / oils etc yes. i do like to go 1miner tho so i get even better eco, this will help me in future / later on in game. i can usually hold off attacks from sov if they rush with 0miners and i go 1. a pillbox or 2, and he has to catch up with miners / eco which is hard once hes used up tanks to attack me early. (my opinion of course)

7 - oils: i will sacrifice buildings sometimes to play "smart". if i have ever learned something from any1 in this game, its "Edd" he told me how to play smart in some games we played 2v2 cms. and it has stuck with me since. i will not try save an oil, to lose a game / tanks die cos outtanked etc. this would be silly. let it die, deal with it , move on and maybe attack him somewhere to divert his attention?

8- game sounds: no.

hope this answers ur Qs.

Regards.

#80 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

Nice video, got bored after 1 minute. Walked away to smoke some, when i came back it was already over. You do things the same as me, exept for that doggie running towards his mcv to the southeast. I use to send it north to see how fast he builds, to keep that dog running and to search for some food.

Engineers, damn tasty.

another comment on your first video, that turret is a waste of money imo

#81 YelIowish

YelIowish

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

Yes, thank you!

#82 AD4M

AD4M

Allied King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

ok here it is without music : http://youtu.be/R73RQta6XXk

#83 siklecide

siklecide

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

yeah I can watch the you vs tomi video. in my country because of music.

#84 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

funny game on tiger- nice win

#85 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:11 AM

And question: don't you think it would be better to go 0 miners sometimes and protect tech buildings? Bull run for example and left-mid oil lost in game vs Deadlykil.

7 - oils: i will sacrifice buildings sometimes to play "smart". if i have ever learned something from any1 in this game, its "Edd" he told me how to play smart in some games we played 2v2 cms. and it has stuck with me since. i will not try save an oil, to lose a game / tanks die cos outtanked etc. this would be silly. let it die, deal with it , move on and maybe attack him somewhere to divert his attention?

I agree with Adam. Imo, 3 oils = 1 miner, therefore 1 oil only equals 1/3 of a miner. In the Bull Run match vs Tim, Adam lost 1 oil to gain 1 miner, so in other words, lost 1/3 of a miner to gain 1 whole miner. Excluding The Alamo of course where each oil = 2 + 1/2 normal oils, this would be my mentallity. But on the other hand, in a longer match such as this one, instead of being able to build a ref off the second (lost) derrick and a War Factory that's closer to Tim's base, Adam had to move his MCV which took a lot longer.

Thanks for the re-upload btw :thumbup1:, watching it now.

#86 AD4M

AD4M

Allied King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

latest on cold war

#87 A7Wins

A7Wins

Sergeant SmasH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

ReUploads of you vs Tomi and Tim plz, neither of those videos work for the U.S.

#88 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

I agree with Adam. Imo, 3 oils = 1 miner, therefore 1 oil only equals 1/3 of a miner. In the Bull Run match vs Tim, Adam lost 1 oil to gain 1 miner, so in other words, lost 1/3 of a miner to gain 1 whole miner. Excluding The Alamo of course where each oil = 2 + 1/2 normal oils, this would be my mentallity. But on the other hand, in a longer match such as this one, instead of being able to build a ref off the second (lost) derrick and a War Factory that's closer to Tim's base, Adam had to move his MCV which took a lot longer.

Thanks for the re-upload btw :thumbup1:, watching it now.

even if 3 oils = 1 miner on gold (assuming its on gold) keeping the oil may have other value. When I make maps I look at oils not only as a small but steady source of income, but often a key expansion point and/or defensive stronghold.

3 oils is likely more income than 1 miner on gold imo, but the nature of the income is different also. Oils produce rapidly and "grease the skids" while players hover near 0. This can amount to the difference between completing and quickly placing a refinery, or hitting 0 just before its ready and then becoming dangerously preoccupied with miner control.

Depending on the map, if saving an attacked oil is at all reasonable, I'd say its worth the effort. Given the defending player's ability to build sents/pills at the site, the aggressor will probably have to forfeit extra tanks to either win the oil, or defeat your camp.

#89 AD4M

AD4M

Allied King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

ReUploads of you vs Tomi and Tim plz, neither of those videos work for the U.S.

no, too big.

Depending on the map, if saving an attacked oil is at all reasonable, I'd say its worth the effort. Given the defending player's ability to build sents/pills at the site, the aggressor will probably have to forfeit extra tanks to either win the oil, or defeat your camp.

i would save an oil if i needed to / could do, but this time iforfeited it so i could win the battle overall imo. dont lose tank fight for an oil imo.

#90 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

yeah lol, im not even sure which video we're talking about ^^

i was just talking about oil derricks' value in general

#91 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

-just watched it, idk if u cud have saved the oil there but either way i agree it wasn't going to be worth it. great game btw:)

#92 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

yeah lol, im not even sure which video we're talking about ^^

i was just talking about oil derricks' value in general

Here's my theory on oil derricks, hopefully you don't get too bored and close the page before reading the whole thing, lol... (click here).

#93 A7Wins

A7Wins

Sergeant SmasH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

no, too big.

i would save an oil if i needed to / could do, but this time iforfeited it so i could win the battle overall imo. dont lose tank fight for an oil imo.

Nice, so you playing possibly the two best sov players and U.S. cant watch neither of them. :(

#94 Peer

Peer

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

Try http://www.dutchproxy.nl/, should work.

#95 AD4M

AD4M

Allied King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

latest video uploaded (apologies for playin **** lmao!)

#96 DryFeet

DryFeet

joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

Adam you completely smack with allies - you've made me wanna play again. But you don't half listen to some s*** music :p

#97 tbiol

tbiol

Captain

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • XWIS Name: tbiol

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

Adam you completely smack with allies - you've made me wanna play again. But you don't half listen to some s*** music :p

good, I was wondering where you've been

#98 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

latest video uploaded (apologies for playin **** lmao!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKUdYF8xR4Y&context=C4fd9402ADvjVQa1PpcFMMP3EW0InVLDcC0oHTP5tK16LXv0ISHQc=

Short but sweet. That's one mean rush! You slowed down his production significantly after taking out his power, but somehow he still got back on his feet. Tim really knows how to handle himself huh? That 1 extra miner that he had really makes a noticeable difference in a small map. I wonder what he would've done if you managed to take out his ref at tr? And why did he make 2 barracks?

#99 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

Short but sweet. That's one mean rush! You slowed down his production significantly after taking out his power, but somehow he still got back on his feet. Tim really knows how to handle himself huh? That 1 extra miner that he had really makes a noticeable difference in a small map. I wonder what he would've done if you managed to take out his ref at tr? And why did he make 2 barracks?

i reckon he made 2 barracks because if the rockies had hit his 1st barracks his flack cannon wuda been cancelled staying safe i think, only reason i can comprehend.

#100 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

I thought you would upload our landmarks game tbh =P It was a gg. GSV was good too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users