58 replies to this topic

#26 [-BA-] Piscinex

[-BA-] Piscinex

~~~~~~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7918 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

The SS auto uploader just includes a hacked exe with new screenshot taking code and maps downloader injected into the exe.

I will PM you guys about it

#27 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrono69x

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

I miss RA2 a little bit. I played a few months ago (mainly on the Chinese server) and had a lot of fun, but XWIS was a little bit dead (hard to get games).

I'm thinking about doing another 1.007 tourney. Probably with a lot of changes (I went f*cking mental on the last couple of versions I seem to remember, so I think I'd probably go back and fix all that so it was a lot more straightforward).

Would anyone play?

go away james. we hate your kind around here!
(thought i'd be a bit contrarian... everyone else seems to <3 you... ridiculous)

Edited by Chrono69x, 12 March 2012 - 11:48 PM.

#28 [-BA-] Piscinex

[-BA-] Piscinex

~~~~~~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7918 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

As soon as they know me as well you do they'll realise the error of their ways Tony ;)

#29 Babak

Babak

Commander

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13030 posts
  • XWIS Name: Babak

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

I'd love to play but no free time and laptop can't run RA2 :(
you should do it though! looking forward to watching the videos :D

#30 Gyroscopic

Gyroscopic

F(r)iend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3465 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

You playing would kind of be the best thing ever ;)

I'm going to need help on this because I have kind of zero memory of 1.007 these days (I haven't touched it in nearly 4 years) and don't really remember what changed in the last couple of versions that made it suck. I have a feeling I did some stuff with tech buildings, but other than that I have no idea :O

Thanks for the replies so far guys, the more interest I get the more likely I am to want to do this...

haven't played it since the last tourney, but from what i remember:
-infantry were rapid
-sov para had about 30 cons and miners couldn't squash infantry + dogs were nerfed. 1 sov para became harder to deal with than YR para, if you were allies anyway >.<
-tanks had about 1 square of vision (think inf all had buffed vision).
-something about the tech buildings. think they were either really broken or really useless.
-something to do with walls as well. think they took ages to kill, stretched further, were cheaper, your own units could fire over them?, and they came earlier. something like that anyway.

probably all wrong, been a while, and a few other things i am forgetting. pretty sure you posted up the patch notes on here somewhere though.

Edited by Gyroscopic, 14 March 2012 - 12:53 PM.

#31 [-BA-] Piscinex

[-BA-] Piscinex

~~~~~~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7918 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

I did a diff of unaltered 1.006 vs latest 1.007 a couple of days ago to remind me what I did, which was insanely useful actually.

You're right on some of those points. The main things I've fixed now are: tech buildings (now they're just back to being identical to 1.006, except walled in most cases), inf speed is fixed (still a little bit faster than 1.006 but that's because I really thing it plays better). Main thing I did, which shocked me, is that I'd slowed down Rhinos and Grizzlies which is an insane change because it kills the pace of the game. What was Pisc of 4 years ago thinking? Anyway I completely reverted all that ****.

I'm going to look at maps at some point. Loads of the maps have totally unncecessary changes that I think I will revert.

I think if I keep going 1.007 will go back to when it was a lot more conservative, which I think is for the best. It will still be very different from 1.006 of course because even smaller changes still make the game very different to play. I think more of 1.007 as a fun "what if?" version of the game :)

#32 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

it was from finding and watching from a 1.007 tourny that got me into ra2 online.. cant wait to see the next ones :D

#33 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:25 AM

Do you need help testing? Pisc..

#34 aFFGonHeK

aFFGonHeK

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1791 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

I think you're still in my sig James.

#35 [-BA-] Piscinex

[-BA-] Piscinex

~~~~~~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7918 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

Do you need help testing? Pisc..

Eventually. I need time to work on it too. Not sure when that will happen. Hopefully I will set aside some proper time soon. I need to do two things: 1) remember how to play the game and practice a bit, 2) spend some time working on 1.007 (including testing changes, getting people playing FFGs etc).

I think you're still in my sig James.

<3

#36 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

We need tim back in here... (Fonger) He was beast at 1.007 =P

fonger number 1

#37 XMaDTanKX

XMaDTanKX

Oscar!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1721 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

I did a diff of unaltered 1.006 vs latest 1.007 a couple of days ago to remind me what I did, which was insanely useful actually.

You're right on some of those points. The main things I've fixed now are: tech buildings (now they're just back to being identical to 1.006, except walled in most cases), inf speed is fixed (still a little bit faster than 1.006 but that's because I really thing it plays better). Main thing I did, which shocked me, is that I'd slowed down Rhinos and Grizzlies which is an insane change because it kills the pace of the game. What was Pisc of 4 years ago thinking? Anyway I completely reverted all that ****.

I'm going to look at maps at some point. Loads of the maps have totally unncecessary changes that I think I will revert.

I think if I keep going 1.007 will go back to when it was a lot more conservative, which I think is for the best. It will still be very different from 1.006 of course because even smaller changes still make the game very different to play. I think more of 1.007 as a fun "what if?" version of the game :)

Why dont you make it as 1.008, so you don´t lose 1.007 as it was made

#38 Psychic

Psychic

NRA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts
  • XWIS Name: PuNiSh3eR

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:10 AM

i'd be down

#39 Walter

Walter

Colonel

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5296 posts
  • XWIS Name: Walter

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

Eventually. I need time to work on it too. Not sure when that will happen. Hopefully I will set aside some proper time soon. I need to do two things: 1) remember how to play the game and practice a bit, 2) spend some time working on 1.007 (including testing changes, getting people playing FFGs etc).

<3

Give me like 2-3 days and then I'll be really active for the next 1-2 weeks.

(I ****ing suck more than ever now)

#40 xMonster

xMonster

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1050 posts
  • XWIS Name: Monster

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:45 AM

ID RAPE ALL OF YOU ON IT,
K BYE

#41 Psychic

Psychic

NRA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts
  • XWIS Name: PuNiSh3eR

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

why so serious?

#42 JoKuJaK

JoKuJaK

b00yaka

• Members
  • 10846 posts
  • XWIS Name: JoKuJaK

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

i think gb need presidents alongside with snipers rly can u make yes? si

#43 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

joku xD i miss the old times with you, like spamming eachother in buddies, whoever lasts longer wins ^

#44 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

@Piscinex
I have taken the liberty of uploading all your previous 1.007 tourny video replays from your http://www.blackassassins.org/ site and onto our YouTube channel (the one that NeoGrant created especially for ST/XWIS videos) where the rest of the world can see them :):

CnCRedalert2 - Piscinex's 1.007 Tournament Replays ('06-'08)

Edited by Fireworks, 23 March 2012 - 12:02 AM.

#45 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • 18212 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

^ awesome!

I see heaps of videos with me, :D

I miss being good at ra2 :(

#46 Tobi

Tobi

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4043 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:58 AM

All the old nerds are moving back to Ra2. Such an exciting phenomenon. Few years earlier no-one was playing. I'd love to play Ra2 again, but I'm afraid that I don't have the time right now.

Have fun with your games. :)

Ps. How many players is there on the Chinese server?

Edited by Tobi, 25 March 2012 - 08:00 AM.

#47 lukke

lukke

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

1000+

#48 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

I'm thinking about doing another 1.007 tourney. Probably with a lot of changes (I went f*cking mental on the last couple of versions I seem to remember, so I think I'd probably go back and fix all that so it was a lot more straightforward).

Would anyone play?

Count me in, playing since yesterday.

All the old nerds are moving back to Ra2. Such an exciting phenomenon. Few years earlier no-one was playing. I'd love to play Ra2 again, but I'm afraid that I don't have the time right now.

Have fun with your games. :)

Hey Friend, what are you talking about NO time. You got a wife and children to look after? Noes? Get on that game instead of spamming up this topic!

bring the demotrucks on, bring them on.

xD

Daily training starts for me, getting on the game

Edited by Niek, 25 March 2012 - 09:14 AM.

#49 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

20,000 +

#50 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

QQ Battle...

If you enjoy playing Heck + 90% France opponents + meat grinder(ground forces only) + move to mid + crates + engies + start with 10 units, you can get a game in seconds. Any other type of game, you'll be waiting even longer than you would on XWIS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users