#1 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrono69x

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

I got tired of not having the new patch with the maps and auto ss, so i uninstalled my CD install and downloaded the Red_Alert-2-0.0.0.exe that you guys have hosted on here. Everything went smooth, until I tried getting online. My old nicks "Chrono69x" and "GoCronoGo" aren't able to sign in - instead I get a message saying:

"Create your nicks at xwis.net/cp
Server: Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge; SID: -1: chrono69x;"

SO, I log into my CP and try creating the nicks when I get the message "Nick has been registered already -- which is what I thought from the beginning, since I was just on Chrono69x last night...

So my confusion lies here: How could I have been on my names last night (and throughout the month last month), but after a reinstall I'm no longer allowed on them (because they've already been registered). It's obvious they're registered... they have been for almost a decade now. But for some reason it's not allowing me to get on them anymore :-/

Any ideas / suggestions?

#2 Pizzaguru

Pizzaguru

Seal

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • XWIS Name: PizzaGuru

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

Sounds like you have the same problem I had.
When you installed with a serial (from cd) you can log in to any nickname if you know the password.
Install without a serial and you can only log in to the nicknames registered on a control panel.

I lost the serial on which my pizzaguru nickname was created so I had to add a serial to my ra2 multiplayer download installation with XWIS Client...
http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/172334-how-to-add-a-serial-to-red-alert-2-multiplayer-download/

Edit: The XWIS Client coming with the RA2 Multiplayer download didn't work for me though, the link Olaf gave me was working though... Let me know if you have this problem also

Edited by Pizzaguru, 02 March 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#3 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

What serial did you use in order to log in with your pizzaguru nick if you lost the one it was created on? I'm in a similar boat - i very much doubt i'd be able to find my original serial from 10 years ago. i've had 3-5 copies of this game in total, so i wouldn't even know which one those nicks were registered on.The serial that I do have is already registered via control panel soo....?

#4 Pizzaguru

Pizzaguru

Seal

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

Just add any serial to your installation and you will be able to log in with the correct password to any existing nickname

#5 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

so i opened xwis client (the one olaf linked you to) and went to serials, tried putting mine in there, but how do i get it to take? hitting enter closes the screen, but that doesn't seem right... there isn't a "save" function or anything like that.

#6 Pizzaguru

Pizzaguru

Seal

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

The one that Olaf linked to was working for me by hitting the enter key yes. If you click the serial button again it should still show the serial you just entered in the textbox. When it does not, maybe you have to run as admin or you started the wrong/old/broken XWIS Client that's not from Olaf's link.

#7 Chrono69x

Chrono69x

Black Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2417 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

Nevermind! I'm just an idiot and put the hash symbols in with the serial. It works now that it's just numbers in there. Thank you! :)

#8 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

Thanks for letting us know your problem is resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users