#1 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

Can YouTube videos be viewed by people in China? Someone a while ago told me that it's blocked for them, but I'm not sure if it was all of them or just him.

(Can someone please translate this question and also the topic title if possible)

Edited by Fireworks, 25 February 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#2 Michel

Michel

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

its blocked

#3 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

There are so many obstacles with joining forces with these guys :no: ! Language barrier, XWIS is too slow for most of them, their community has a lot more players, now YouTube...

#4 AD4M

AD4M

Allied King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

why on earth would it be blocked ?

thats just stupid :S

#5 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12219 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Same reason they don't sell RA2 in China, they're communist.

Edited by BlueBala, 25 February 2012 - 06:48 PM.

#6 mattoO

mattoO

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • XWIS Name: .

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

why on earth would it be blocked ?

thats just stupid :S

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_websites_blocked_in_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China

More than 2600 website urls are blocked in the People's Republic of China under the country's policy of Internet censorship. Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, etc...

#7 xNathanx

xNathanx

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2803 posts
  • XWIS Name: RaganZin

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:04 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_words_censored_by_search_engines_in_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China
^ this is more nuts imo.

#8 Defend

Defend

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:07 AM

It's because the Chinese government doesn't want to lose their power so they keep people under control. Not that America is any freer than China. America = bailout scams and corporatism with the rich dominating. I needed medicine once it costed 800 dollars for 7 day supply.. Lol... The whole world is screwed up.

#9 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

It's because the Chinese government doesn't want to lose their power so they keep people under control. Not that America is any freer than China. America = bailout scams and corporatism with the rich dominating. I needed medicine once it costed 800 dollars for 7 day supply.. Lol... The whole world is screwed up.

australia sits pretty ;)

#10 kacknoobz

kacknoobz

GAME ON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:12 AM

google is banned in china aswell they wanted google to permitt what the chinese were allowed to searched so now they dont have google

#11 thomas338

thomas338

Sun Wukong

• Members
  • 11381 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:25 AM

google is banned in china aswell they wanted google to permitt what the chinese were allowed to searched so now they dont have google

Google works in China.

#12 xNathanx

xNathanx

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2803 posts
  • XWIS Name: RaganZin

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

yes everything is a little screwed up i agree. If ur very rich u can control a lot of things in this world.

#13 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

Google made an agreement with China. Anything the Chinese government doesn't want their people to see is blocked from the search bar. For example, if we search "the tank man," we see pictures of a chinese man protesting against the government standing in front of a tank. If the chinese search "the tank man" they get no pictures of this :p

#14 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

lol its crazy, same as north korea that kim jon migit dude making stupid rules like no bad news on TV only show the football if we win etc Lawl.

#15 thomas338

thomas338

Sun Wukong

• Members
  • 11381 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

Google made an agreement with China. Anything the Chinese government doesn't want their people to see is blocked from the search bar. For example, if we search "the tank man," we see pictures of a chinese man protesting against the government standing in front of a tank. If the chinese search "the tank man" they get no pictures of this :p

Not anymore, google just routs everything trough Hong Kong now, where nothing is blocked.

lol its crazy, same as north korea that kim jon migit dude making stupid rules like no bad news on TV only show the football if we win etc Lawl.

U can't compare it to north korea.
Media in China is probably more like fox news, very biased.

#16 yibanban

yibanban

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

Same reason they don't sell RA2 in China, they're communist.

yeah,we r communist.

hey,this world just for the rich man,u never get it? just coll down,lol

#17 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

my meds cost me $180/ month

#18 PATRIOT15

PATRIOT15

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • XWIS Name: PATR1OT

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

China's government is really strange. They remind me the soviet comunists party, which established the total control of everything in the country, but still were scared, because they afraid to loose their power. But there is something special for chinese, they have free market economy, and they have one of the most powerfull economys in the world, and claim to conquer the world by giving credits and pushing their goods on the world markets. With such ambitions and opportunitys, they still scared of their own people, and restrict them from the out world.

What is really surprised me, this was chinese psihology. Look at them, there are more then million players on QQ every day, but most of them still play ONLY HECK. I know that Heck is also the most popular map on XWIS, but on XWIS we have ppl who play QM or create games with other maps or with their own mod maps, why dont chinese have that? No mod maps, no other maps, how will XWIS look like, if they all will move here and play mass heck?

#19 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

china blocks

facebook twitter youtube... also it is illegal in china ;s weird !!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_websites_blocked_in_the_People's_Republic_of_China

Edited by Leki, 04 November 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#20 No0bziLLa

No0bziLLa

[Banned]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2027 posts
  • XWIS Name: No0bZiLLa

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

australia sits pretty Posted Image

*troll message here*

#21 l1rT

l1rT

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

x

Edited by l1rT, 05 November 2012 - 03:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users