24 replies to this topic

#1 GGsMate

GGsMate

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

This is a question to the experienced allies players. How do you deal with a massive rush with rhinos and conscripts. I'm talking about 25+ conscripts with many rhinos behind them.

I just played a chinese guy on snow valley. I got his mcv after he moved to middle and managed to outwarf him (3 against 2). Then I teched up and started building mirages since he had no radar. He had, however, 8-9 miners which allowed him to build conscripts non stop in addition to the rhinos. A couple of minutes later he had tons of fodder so he attacked. I tried to counter the fodder with 15-20 dogs, but they all got killed by the conscripts without doing any damage. After that he just rolled over my grizzlies / mirages, even with pills I had no chance at all, although I outtanked him.

What do you do in such a situation? Is there a good counter to this besides base trading?

#2 PostNextOlaf

PostNextOlaf

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1680 posts
  • XWIS Name: yid

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

Tanya? :o

#3 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

There are a few counters id say:

If he little or no anti air along with the rhinos+conscripts use rockies, and planes vs the flak tracks (if any) this is only viable if he has very little to no aa though.

like 2 tanya ifv should be able to clear all the conscripts really fast.

Both prism and mirage tanks should rape this.

Make more dogs, once they come close to his conscripts they will basicly slaughter them.

Abuse the fact his army is slow since his concripts has to move with his tanks by using splits and his and run tactics with ifv gi for example, or spies.

If he mass conscripts always have atleast 2 prism tanks alongside the rest of your force, they are extremly good vs connies and good vs rhinos too. This will likely force him to deploy his desos, and since your prism tanks has such a long range all his connies will die from radiation and maybe your prism tanks, but its still worth it since you have the rest of your force behind the prism tanks so they take 0 radiation damage.

Edited by Drasten, 18 February 2012 - 05:14 PM.

#4 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

Mass dogs in combo with grizzlys in most situations..
make sure your tc is good. select dogs on connies and shortly after grizzleys on rhinos so your dogs stay in front of tanks.
in smaller groups and when u lose the fodder fight be very fast and click and kill them tanks 1 by 1

also :

Try to take out his flak(s) if he dont got many and kill connies with some rockies..
Drive over teh connies when u use ctrl key do this only when its usefull or u see no other way out.
When your close to base and he attacks obv use pillboxes.
Sniper ( GB )
Mirage/Prism ( when u teched up )
Basetrade also an option like u said.
Edit, ye Tanya also usefull in later game.

Edited by Mikoz, 18 February 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#5 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

Make 2-4 tanya ifvs and prism tanks. :) also try to send 1 or 2 tanks out to alt his connies and act as fodder for tanyas.

That's all, one of my nearly unstoppable sov rushes uses mass infantry.

#6 GGsMate

GGsMate

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

Thank you for the tips, they are all very useful!
You are right, Tanya Ifvs would have solved the problem. I don't know why I didn't think of this. I'll remember next time though. My first idea was to mass mirages, especially because he couldn't build desos, but they all got killed by the conscripts (I had about 8 of them when he attacked).

What do you do against mass conscripts in early game on small maps like river rampage?

#7 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

Hmm if rockies isnt a viable option make lots of dogs to go along your grizzlys? early game that is.

#8 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

GI's ? LOL If you get a good group of them then they will form a good kill area that no infantry gets through. You need a lot less deployed GI's then connies.

#9 Defend

Defend

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

2 seal BF's 4 GGi 1 seal.. Bye! If its Ra2.. and he makes to much infintry. Stop making infantry and make all tanks cuz then youll have way more because you saved money. Or put up walls and make a weather device and storm him. It will kill everything.

#10 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

Defend no offense but your tips are very stupid.

#11 Defend

Defend

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

lmao I have absolutely no knowledge of the game.. Ok... Well I know exactly what im talking about. The other people gave the stupid advice. If they make to much infintry you stop making infantry and you will win if they over do it. At some point if they have alot of infantry such as conscripts, as this player said 15-20 dogs failed.

For example: I beat many good soviets on hard maps such as tournament map B because they swarm dogs on my and make infantry and I only make such much infantry then stop when they make a super lot and chase the tanks. They grizzley will grind out the rhinos and you just manually click tanks.

The player said he lost his mcv. If they are all out attacking and not building anymore their attack power increases so you have to camp and if you can kill his wars with weather it might work because he was collecting more and more and more rhinos also.

#12 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

This is a question to the experienced allies players. How do you deal with a massive rush with rhinos and conscripts. I'm talking about 25+ conscripts with many rhinos behind them.

I just played a chinese guy on snow valley. I got his mcv after he moved to middle and managed to outwarf him (3 against 2). Then I teched up and started building mirages since he had no radar. He had, however, 8-9 miners which allowed him to build conscripts non stop in addition to the rhinos. A couple of minutes later he had tons of fodder so he attacked. I tried to counter the fodder with 15-20 dogs, but they all got killed by the conscripts without doing any damage. After that he just rolled over my grizzlies / mirages, even with pills I had no chance at all, although I outtanked him.

What do you do in such a situation? Is there a good counter to this besides base trading?

In this specific situation it is DEFINITELY tanyaS plural.

only put them in ifvs if you need the maneuverability, as you see fit

mass dogs of course, and try to use air as much as possible throughout game vs soviet, if in first 3 minutes of a game you get a rocketteer and his scouts are sitting around, KILL THEM!!!! if you can get ONE hit off on a conscript before he tries to counter with flak trak, THEN DO IT, every POSSIBLE hit matters and you must pull this off as much as possible so in late game this situation isn't so bad

#13 Curatio

Curatio

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

Sounds like you got all the information you need for next time ^^ Out of all the tips tho, i think the best are:

1) Pressure his base. Because you have larger army/larger base, you will be able to keep him at his base.
2) Early game: Mass GI's is the best. Much more effective then connys.

#14 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

Sounds like you got all the information you need for next time ^^ Out of all the tips tho, i think the best are:

1) Pressure his base. Because you have larger army/larger base, you will be able to keep him at his base.
2) Early game: Mass GI's is the best. Much more effective then connys.

I think this is completely false

20 connies vs 10 gis the connies should be the winners, only thing a gi has over a conscript is that elite gi's are insane.

#15 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

What do you do against mass conscripts in early game on small maps like river rampage?

tanks on tanks dogs on conscripts ;)

Edited by Mikoz, 18 February 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#16 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

tanks on tanks dogs on conscripts ;)

Careful with your dogs though, use a pillbox as cover!

#17 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

2 seal BF's 4 GGi 1 seal.. Bye! If its Ra2.. and he makes to much infintry. Stop making infantry and make all tanks cuz then youll have way more because you saved money. Or put up walls and make a weather device and storm him. It will kill everything.

Like i said, this is stupid. First of all this is about ra2 not yr.

Second of all, getting a wall then attacking the conscripts with a weather device is not a viable tactic, since mostly superweapons are off.

#18 tbiol

tbiol

Captain

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • XWIS Name: tbiol

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

Build pills and gis, "cause dogs don't shoot" (Marsh)

engi his war factory as a counter here too.

Many times they are driving the MCV over, and buildinga pill box and second barracks by your base, so I don't condone using an engineer into his war factory, that way you don't have to worry about reinforcement of tanks, and he probably sold his con yard

#19 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

I want to see you do that vs a very good Chinese player...

#20 Curatio

Curatio

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

I think this is completely false

20 connies vs 10 gis the connies should be the winners, only thing a gi has over a conscript is that elite gi's are insane.

"should" you say. From experience I find this "is" effective. Either that or the players I use it against are useless.

On a side note, Gi's shoot further then Connys don't they ?

#21 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

atleast when they are dug down I think.

#22 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

if deployed they do yah

#23 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

Seke are you sure 20 connies beats 10 gis, if the gis are deployed close to eachother? They do outrange the connies and make more damage.

#24 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

Seke are you sure 20 connies beats 10 gis, if the gis are deployed close to eachother? They do outrange the connies and make more damage.

pretty sure, you can try it if u want

#25 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:52 AM

are you on now? I can start up ra2 and we can try it out tonight if you are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users