#26 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:40 PM

Dylhole im not meaning to insult u in any way here im simply stating the map was a great map before hand and you sayed deadmans ridge wasnt a good map just a suggestion why dont you listen to other players opninions your own opnion will let u make maps that you enjoy, but its not only you who'll play em, tanya's training ground is a great map and is played in a certain style im simply stating what you have done is completely changed the style of play that will be played on the map and in my opinion ruining a classic, the point edd is trying to get across is not to **** you off or anything its to try and help you, u sayed to him very constructive, i gave u constructive criticism and u ignored it, thats your choice but i for one wont download map patches if i have to play sub-standard versions of the real thing. Also in your opninion everything ive sayed is wrong lol, an opinion cant be wrong, it can be disagreed with. And as for my point of it changing the complexity of the map its not wrong the map will be played completely different.

#27 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:56 PM

this isn't for yuri's, it's for ra2, of course it's going to be played completely different
what is your point?

#28 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

this isn't for yuri's, it's for ra2, of course it's going to be played completely different
what is your point?

if you dont understand the point already then im not going to waste anymore time trying to explain it, you are obviously to short sighted to understand.

#29 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

have you played the map yet?

#30 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

have you played the map yet?

I dont need to play it to point out its going to be played differently i can tell that much by looking at it, im not saying it isnt a good map, im saying its simply a remake of a classic which would ruin it for me, the same way deadmans ridge was done.

#31 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:22 PM

of course it's different, the original was tested and deemed **** on ra2

#32 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

of course it's different, the original was tested and deemed **** on ra2

ok that proves my point im not even going to bother posting anymore you are so short sighted its unbelievable.

#33 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

Stop arguing over meaningless bull... The map was indeed tested a long while ago and deemed abysmal for RA2.

This map however does, still provide quite a unique playing experience. Many different play styles are possible on it, it's also balanced and that's what makes a good QM map.
Instead of wasting time on useless posts contribute with a fully detailed post of your view. You'll achieve nothing with your vague attempts at arguments and trying to debase the poor troll.

#34 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

Stop arguing over meaningless bull... The map was indeed tested a long while ago and deemed abysmal for RA2.

This map however does, still provide quite a unique playing experience. Many different play styles are possible on it, it's also balanced and that's what makes a good QM map.
Instead of wasting time on useless posts contribute with a fully detailed post of your view. You'll achieve nothing with your vague attempts at arguments and trying to debase the poor troll.

thank you!

1.ur happy to play may day.

no, i dont like playing on that map

2.well it didnt quite work like that on yr...

ra2 is not yuri's

3. the map was based around a central object of which u try to gain control over thats the whole point of it and when its 2 decent players its never campy there's plenty splitting options and with the original derricks plenty options to build off and press, youve completely changed the complexity of the map same thing that happened with deadmans ridge on ra2.

The map's centre was far too important, gems, high ground and an AFC, whoever holds it gets a much too great advantage

You shuda at least tryed the yr version on ra2 first personally my opninion is youve taken a classic and destroyed it, thats just me though.

tried it? who are you to say i've never "tryed" YR?

Also think without the derricks and given the size of the map your going to run out of ore and be scraping to get cash if it goes long game..

you dont need 8 derricks + gems to keep a steady income

yeah, your main argument that it's different, i know that woohoo

#35 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:22 PM

lol i didnt say you didnt try yr can you read?

I posted with my views this idiot just doesnt understand the meaning of constructive criticism

#36 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:27 PM

lol i didnt say you didnt try yr can you read?

oops sorry! it seems your ignorance got the better of me
of course we tested the original, this is version like 15 now

what do you want me to add to the map? to make it to your standards

#37 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:32 PM

oops sorry! it seems your ignorance got the better of me
of course we tested the original, this is version like 15 now

what do you want me to add to the map? to make it to your standards

my ignorance? from you? lol i dont want you to add or remove anything, youve changed a classic map and in my opinion ruined it all i stated was my opinion

#38 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:36 PM

my ignorance? from you? lol i dont want you to add or remove anything, youve changed a classic map and in my opinion ruined it all i stated was my opinion

do you want me to change the name?

#39 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

Should be able to upload your map to ST if you want :) (As opposed to mediafire)

#40 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

Should be able to upload your map to ST if you want :) (As opposed to mediafire)

cool

#41 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

i dont think I like the two center\middle derricks. what you think?

#42 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:28 PM

Boris's Training Ground :o

#43 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

the changes to this map were all made after lengthy discussion and all of them serve to provide better balance.

16 derricks is far too many. gems on the hill with a neutral afc give sovs and advantage and also promote camping.

this version is far better suited for ra2 qm- looks nice dylan :)

Edited by rumblesom, 30 December 2011 - 07:59 PM.

#44 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:21 PM

i dont think I like the two center\middle derricks. what you think?

eh, people were saying there wasn't a point to the map, i guess they were talking about early on
edd was also saying that he didnt like the idea of having to move your mcv to continue building forward, so i made it so you can build off to more cash

the map plays perfectly SvS but AvS allied grizz tanks are highly disadvantaged by cliffs and the closeness of the middle
but see how it goes

Boris's Training Ground :o

was thinking maybe "Tanya's Playground", created by DubSidia

#45 xMonster

xMonster

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1050 posts
  • XWIS Name: Monster

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:56 AM

The way the map looks now is my doing! :p i think its balanced if... all allied player has to do is rape sovs oils because in long run sovs prob win in this map.

#46 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:01 AM

tested it with edd- was fun :)

(tested version with oils @ 2nd ring)

#47 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:15 AM

yh i played some with dylan (korea vs iraq) was fun

#48 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:19 AM

yh i played some with dylan (korea vs iraq) was fun

fun for you maybe ;)
haha nah was really good, good games!

#49 DrVanNostrand

DrVanNostrand

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5114 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:41 AM

hmm havent played it , but seems like very hard map for allieds to beat sovs, sov can get 3ward pretty quickly without selling mcv and he will have the high ground advantage to allieds mid oil, plus it doesnt seem like very easy spot to defend.

also the forward oil means forward flak cannon which makes eagles pretty much useless, and main base can be covered by 1 flak cannon too.

cud be pretty fun svs tho.

Edited by DrVanNostrand, 31 December 2011 - 06:10 AM.

#50 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

hmm havent played it , but seems like very hard map for allieds to beat sovs, sov can get 3ward pretty quickly without selling mcv and he will have the high ground advantage to allieds mid oil, plus it doesnt seem like very easy spot to defend.

also the forward oil means forward flak cannon which makes eagles pretty much useless, and main base can be covered by 1 flak cannon too.

cud be pretty fun svs tho.

want to s v a on it if i see ya on?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users