#1 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

Hello and welcome to the guide for using the latest Red Alert 2 Patch developed by Olaf.

REF# : XWIS RA2 Update

What does this patch do?

XWIS RA2 Update introduces the following:

• Additional Maps: Red Alert 2 (RA2) Quick Match (QM) Map Patch was originally created by Josh and Frank but is now included here.
  • Resolution Fix: This allows you to display RA2 in a resolution your monitor and drivers support.
  • Windows 7 Quitting RA2 Fix: Originally using RA2 with the CD or any other download, without installing this patch, doesn't allow RA2 to quit succusefully. Users were unable to quit RA2 without having to End Task.
  • QM Matching whilst on Desktop Fix: Originally, when RA2 matched you with a player in QM and you were on the desktop, it would have created an internal error. Now it maximizes RA2 whilst you are on the desktop.
  • Screen-shots: Screen-shots were commonly taken 2-3 years ago for proving your fairplay to one another. Right now, this way is pretty much redundant. This new Hall of Fame (HOF) requirement captures every ranked match you play and uploads them directly to your game statistics page. You can also take screen-shots by pressing Ctrl+C.

Tutorial to Install XWIS RA2 Update (Advanced Users - If you are unfamiliar with it all, just read below this tutorial)
  • Step 1: Download and Install Red Alert 2. Free Official Downloads Available.
  • Step 2: Download the XWIS RA2 Update, running the Installer and pointing the install location to your RA2 Directory. By default it is set at C:/Program files/Red Alert 2.
  • Step 3: Run Red Alert 2.exe in your RA2 Directory.

Tutorial to Install XWIS RA2 Update (For the not so Advanced User - If you are unfamiliar with it all, this is your best bet)
  • Step 1: Download Red Alert 2
  • Step 2: Once downloaded, double click Red_Alert-2-0.0.0.exe and...

Click Run
    1.jpg
  • Step 3: You will be asked to specify your Red Alert 2 Directory. By default this is set to be installed inside your Program files.
    2.jpg
    Click Install

You will now see that Red Alert 2 has installed! Great! We've also seen where our Red Alert 2 Directory is located. (See Step 3 Screenshot)
    3.jpg
  • Step 4: Download the RA2 Patch 0.0.2
  • Step 5: Once downloaded, double click Red_Alert-2-0.0.2.exe.

Click Run
    1.jpg
  • Step 6: You will be asked to specify your Red Alert 2 Directory. But remember, if you didn't change this in Step 3 all you need to click is Install!

Once clicked install you should have this:
    4.jpg
  • Step 7: Because we know our Red Alert 2 Directory so well now, we can go to the directory and run Red Alert 2.exe

6.jpg

This patch does not currently work with CD Installs. Please use the above methods.
Tutorial to Install XWIS RA2 Update with existing RA2 CD or installation! (Advanced Users)
  • Step 1: Download the RA2 Patch 0.0.2, running the Installer and pointing the install location to your RA2 Directory. By default with a CD it is set to C:/Program files/Westwood/RA2/
  • Step 2: Run Red Alert 2.exe in your RA2 Directory.
Tutorial to Install XWIS RA2 Update with existing RA2 CD on TFD! (Advanced Users)
  • Step 1: Download the RA2 Patch 0.0.2, running the Installer and pointing the install location to your RA2 Directory. By default with a CD it is set to C:\"Program Files (x)"\"EA Games"\"Command & Conquer The First Decade"\"Command & Conquerâ„¢"\
  • Step 2: Run Red Alert 2.exe in your RA2 Directory.

#2 Peer

Peer

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

Excellent work Neogrant, I hope this will solve all the problems some people are having with the patch and that we can finally enjoy a cheat-free competition!

#3 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

Can't get much clearer than that.

#4 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

Tutorial to Install RA2 Patch 0.0.2 with existing RA2 CD or installation! (Advanced Users)

• Step 1: Download the RA2 Patch 0.0.2, running the Installer and pointing the install location to your RA2 Directory. By default with a CD it is set to C:/Westwood/RA2/ or C:/Program Files(x86)/Westwood/RA2/
  • Step 2: Find Red Alert 2.exe in your RA2 Directory and left click it to highlight it, then right click and select send to > desktop (create shortcut).
Tutorial to Install RA2 Patch 0.0.2 with existing RA2 CD on TFD! (Advanced Users)
  • Step 1: Download the RA2 Patch 0.0.2, running the Installer and pointing the install location to your RA2 Directory. By default with a CD it is set to C:\"Program Files (x)"\"EA Games"\"Command & Conquer The First Decade"\"Command & Conquerâ„¢"\
  • Step 2: Find Red Alert 2.exe in your RA2 Directory and left click it to highlight it, then right click and select send to > desktop (create shortcut).

Fixed! :) n00b :p

Edited by FReQuEnZy, 29 November 2011 - 06:01 PM.

#5 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

Excellent work Neogrant, I hope this will solve all the problems some people are having with the patch and that we can finally enjoy a cheat-free competition!

#6 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

Nice work Neo :)

#7 IronFe

IronFe

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • XWIS Name: None

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

"The program can't start because binkw32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Tried twice...?

I have existing Ra2 CD installation.

Edited by IronFe, 29 November 2011 - 08:35 PM.

#8 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

Please find 'Red Alert 2.exe' (do a windows search) and tell me if your directory is like this:

error_blink.jpg

#9 IronFe

IronFe

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

It created a new folder inside the Ra2 folder. The folder is "Red Alert 2." It indeed has both those files in it. It gave me the above message, so I moved it out of that folder and directly into the Ra2 folder (Because the binkw32.dll is in the Ra2 folder - yet it claimed it wasn't), and now it says "Failed to initialize. Please reinstall."

Attached Thumbnails

• 146084094.jpg
  • 146100302.jpg
  • 146184964.jpg

Edited by IronFe, 29 November 2011 - 08:48 PM.

#10 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:51 PM

Let me just install via the CD and try to replicate, bare with me.

#11 A7Wins

A7Wins

Sergeant SmasH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

Nice work Neo and Olaf, patch looks very concise and effective. I will download it once i get home.

The AutoSS is a part of this patch? If so nice, hopefully it will work for me this time.

Edited by A7Wins, 29 November 2011 - 08:54 PM.

#12 IronFe

IronFe

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:54 PM

Thanks. Your help is much appreciated.

#13 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:17 PM

It created a new folder inside the Ra2 folder. The folder is "Red Alert 2." It indeed has both those files in it. It gave me the above message, so I moved it out of that folder and directly into the Ra2 folder (Because the binkw32.dll is in the Ra2 folder - yet it claimed it wasn't), and now it says "Failed to initialize. Please reinstall."

yah thats the error I got when I tried it.

#14 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:48 PM

Same, this might not be ready for CD installs just yet. I suggest using the downloaded version of RA2 if you are wanting to use this patch for the time being until Olaf will comment.

#15 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:18 PM

All of you using the cd installation @ C:\Westwood\Ra2\ and get that error you can try downloading the no-cd for ra2 from my essentials. Follow the instructions file in that to the letter and your game will launch with the patch.

#16 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • 18212 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:19 AM

• Additional Maps: Red Alert 2 (RA2) Quick Match (QM) Map Patch was originally created by Josh and Frank but is now included here.
  • Resolution Fix: This allows you to display RA2 in a resolution your monitor and drivers support.
  • Windows 7 Quitting RA2 Fix: Originally using RA2 with the CD or any other download, without installing this patch, doesn't allow RA2 to quit succusefully. Users were unable to quit RA2 without having to End Task.
  • QM Matching whilst on Desktop Fix: Originally, when RA2 matched you with a player in QM and you were on the desktop, it would have created an internal error. Now it maximizes RA2 whilst you are on the desktop.
  • Screen-shots: Screen-shots were commonly taken 2-3 years ago for proving your fairplay to one another. Right now, this way is pretty much redundant. This new Hall of Fame (HOF) requirement captures every ranked match you play and uploads them directly to your game statistics page. You can also take screen-shots by pressing Ctrl+S.
[/list]Wow that's awesome!
I thought the Windows 7 bug was just me :p
Also, does this mean we do not take screenshots with Ctrl + C anymore? (This kind of merges the Ra2 and YR screen takers as YR was Shift + S if I'm correct?)
Additional Maps? AWESOME, prepare to get free points from me haha

Edited by willy, 30 November 2011 - 04:20 AM.

#17 HngKngFui

HngKngFui

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • XWIS Name: HngKngFui

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:06 AM

Another thing....seem it makes no name come up when given game in qm....makes for no bail?

Is cool for those who get bailed on.......is not cool if it match you with player you beat 3x already this day.

Edited by HngKngFui, 30 November 2011 - 06:17 AM.

#18 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13500 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:28 AM

• Also, does this mean we do not take screenshots with Ctrl + C anymore? (This kind of merges the Ra2 and YR screen takers as YR was Shift + S if I'm correct?)

It's wrong, the shortcut key didn't chance (and is Ctrl-C by default).

#19 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

when i go online every thing goes good i can see lobby,but when i wanne start a game after laoding screen i get a black screeen i can hear my mcv but i cant see nothing ?

#20 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:00 AM

Either mph.exe is blocked or you have graphics acceleration turned down/off.

#21 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:50 PM

when i played distanq in a custom it worked but when i go Qm i get black screen :s

#22 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:54 PM

Ask Olaf. :p

#23 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:56 PM

when i played distanq in a custom it worked but when i go Qm i get black screen :s

Who was the host, him or you? Are you able to join games but not host? If so, then reinstall WOLAPI.

#24 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

he was host i saw last game in qm i was creating game
Thx reinstalled but still same problem

Edited by Showtime, 30 November 2011 - 03:00 PM.

#25 volkots

volkots

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • XWIS Name: n/a

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

Is it possible to download and install only auto ss uploader without any map patches, resolution fixes etc? When I installed it I can't connect to anyone no matter its QM or CM (I also had this problem with the last patch which was released I guess in summer). I use XP SP3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users