19 replies to this topic

#1 DCsniper

DCsniper

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

I'm an oldschool yuris revenge player that just got back into the game. I downloaded both red alert 2 and yuris revenge. I log into yuris revenge (version 1.001) and actually get into the lobby, but see NOBODY else. is this game dead or do i have the wrong version or something? also, after being in the lobby for about 20 seconds it automaticly disconnects me. If anybody has any information please help me out !!! thank you !!

#2 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/163831-how-to-play/

#3 DCsniper

DCsniper

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

got it to work!! was using the wrong username! TOUR OF EGYPT RUNNING NOW!! COME PLAY!

#4 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

got it to work!! was using the wrong username! TOUR OF EGYPT RUNNING NOW!! COME PLAY!

your best bet is to leave YR in the dust, especially if you're into tournament sanctioned games.

Ra2 happens to have a Map Patch however, and there is a TOE map, the downside however is there is no 3v3.

#5 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:51 PM

We don't need a RA2 vs YR war in every single topic...

#6 A7Wins

A7Wins

Sergeant SmasH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:57 PM

Its not a war Olaf, if there is already a victor ;) Yuri was my first and favorite game, however its time has come to an end as 20 ppl are on at once and 10 of them are Toe players.

#7 DCsniper

DCsniper

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:15 PM

just trying to have fun! been 6 years since i've last played. lot of memories thats all!

#8 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:29 PM

We don't need a RA2 vs YR war in every single topic...

can you elaborate where this was a war? i simply suggested he come to where there are actually players and download the map patch to get toe,

i don't know how you take this as me saying OMZFUX GAWD YR IS SO BAD!!!!!!!!!! (i'm not a kid tard kid)

if you would have taken time to read what i have put, you would have seen i suggested tournament play is better on ra2 and there is TOE on ra2 with a downside of no 3v3.....

seems like world war 3 is coming guyz!

Edited by WorstNightmare, 19 October 2011 - 10:31 PM.

#9 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:32 PM

can you elaborate where this was a war? i simply suggested

That suggestion isn't necessary in every topic about YR either.

#10 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:38 PM

That suggestion isn't necessary in every topic about YR either.

well for one, if you look around the reports i'm not the guy who is all about flowing YR players into Ra2, i happen to play the YR ladder if games are available, but that being said, if you where in this guys shoes who hasn't played YR for 6 years and then you see there is a max of 20 people online while 15 of them are just nicks sitting in the lobby, wouldn't you like to be informed that Ra2 has a more active community?

you took this far out of context from what my intentions actually were, i'll accept my apology now, in return i will never speak of Ra2 being the far more superior game. :p

#11 NahinStar

NahinStar

Command3r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Makyura

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:34 PM

can you elaborate where this was a war? i simply suggested he come to where there are actually players and download the map patch to get toe,

i don't know how you take this as me saying OMZFUX GAWD YR IS SO BAD!!!!!!!!!! (i'm not a kid tard kid)

if you would have taken time to read what i have put, you would have seen i suggested tournament play is better on ra2 and there is TOE on ra2 with a downside of no 3v3.....

seems like world war 3 is coming guyz!

ToE isnt ToE if aint 3v3

#12 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:51 AM

ToE isnt ToE if aint 3v3

well imo ToE went downhill with the rules.....
must be certain teams ect.....kind of blows now.

#13 NahinStar

NahinStar

Command3r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Makyura

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:04 AM

well imo ToE went downhill with the rules.....
must be certain teams ect.....kind of blows now.

Yeah it only appeals to a certain kind of player, i still like it at times, but the same players play it on YR so thats what upsets me lol. Over the years it became more of a Battle Fortress/Siege Chopper/Elite Prism control game. And every faction has its purpose.

#14 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:07 PM

yh i was liek 20-0 on yr one day and tried to polay a toe game (note this was in like 2008 or sommin) and i went korea on like spot 4 instead of great britain or something and so they kicke3d me out and called me a noob :X

#15 A7Wins

A7Wins

Sergeant SmasH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

yh i was liek 20-0 on yr one day and tried to polay a toe game (note this was in like 2008 or sommin) and i went korea on like spot 4 instead of great britain or something and so they kicke3d me out and called me a noob :X

Well you may not be a noob, but you are a toe noob ^^ Spot 4 needs to Britain because spot 6 is Korea, And every side needs at least 1 Britain, so snipers can take out the enemies elite infantry if you manage to take out one of their Battle Fortresses.

#16 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:48 PM

Well you may not be a noob, but you are a toe noob ^^ Spot 4 needs to Britain because spot 6 is Korea, And every side needs at least 1 Britain, so snipers can take out the enemies elite infantry if you manage to take out one of their Battle Fortresses.

toe is dumb anyway after like 2003 people got way to serious about toe and started reconning every game that they were about to lose

#17 A7Wins

A7Wins

Sergeant SmasH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

Yes sir, this is a recurring nightmare in ToE, because its an FFg based game, and people heavily rely on Gap generators to conceal their armies, people who take it too seriously start mapping... Ive been in countless 3 hour long games, that ended up in Recon Errors due to 1 of the 6 players mapping -.-

#18 BeHumble

BeHumble

Here & There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2902 posts
  • XWIS Name: LooKaUFO

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

toe is dumb anyway after like 2003 people got way to serious about toe and started reconning every game that they were about to lose

yeah use to really get on my nerves when I had like 20 leet fp prisms, and all fp leet ggis or boris or got sov and had chops etc.. :( all that work for nothing, and usually the game lasts a minimum of 30mins

#19 A7Wins

A7Wins

Sergeant SmasH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

yeah use to really get on my nerves when I had like 20 leet fp prisms, and all fp leet ggis or boris or got sov and had chops etc.. :( all that work for nothing, and usually the game lasts a minimum of 30mins

Once in a blue moon ;)

#20 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:43 PM

toe use to take skill, when people allowed yuri, the good wol days

i think the issue is the kids can't handle anyone playing different, it's like square dancing or synchronized swimming, it's lame now

i take this from the experience that almost 100% i play toe, i could win much before the 15 mins if everyone didn't cry a river about you send a gi over the line LOL

Edited by WorstNightmare, 20 October 2011 - 09:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users