#401 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:24 AM

I'm lost... what's causing trouble with alt tab, the patch or the graphic optimization? If the latter, why are we discussing it here?

#402 YelIowish

YelIowish

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

The patch.
For me - only when I am in the lobby or in the game room.

#403 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

I'm lost... what's causing trouble with alt tab, the patch or the graphic optimization? If the latter, why are we discussing it here?

Eh? It's the graphics optimization guide that seems to sometimes cause an error in the alt tab function. I don't know if it's red alert 2.exe thats responsible for this or the original game... Haven't tested without the patch.

I might modify the guide soon to include a fix when I find one.

#404 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

The patch.
For me - only when I am in the lobby or in the game room.

So you can't alt tab when you have the patch installed?

Have you used martins optimization? If so, un-do it and see if it still happens. If not, it will no doubt be addressed by Olaf.

#405 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

He is using my optimizations!

#406 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

Alright I might have to cut these posts out of the topic as it will cause confusion with the patch.

#407 YelIowish

YelIowish

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

Alt-tab issue (and also freezing points screen after the game) appeared after patch installation (long before optimization), so i'm not sure if it has anything to do with Martin's toys.

Maybe for some, for me patch caused that problem.

#408 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

Alt tab issue is caused by the 'graphics optimizations' on windows 7 and Vista operating systems.

The freezing on score screen is caused by the uploading of screenshots.

I hope this makes it more clear.

#409 Chrisev

Chrisev

CnCSaga Staff since 2009

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9132 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrisev

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

I have realise i dont have the trouble with ALT+TAB on tiberian sun & yuri's revenge. That's only on RA2.

#410 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:52 AM

Did you use the graphics optimization for all of them?
It works for all those games, though I haven't tested the Alt tab on the other two.

#411 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:18 PM

@Olaf:

If it's not too much to ask, with your next release of the RA2.0.0.2 patch, can you please have an option to disable the SS taker but still have everything else such as extra maps enabled? I'm just asking mainly because of my tourny that you're probably aware of that I'm currently running. At times, the match will be really smooth, then all of a sudden a huge pause occurs. My guess is that 2 or more people in the match are taking a SS at the same time. I noticed this pause during a tourny that I ran last year on YR where at the end of it, I asked for a SS from all 4 players and the game came to a complete halt for about 5 seconds. I'd very much like to be able to record a match without me (the observer) taking SSs. This way, at the most, only 2 players can take SSs at the same time.

You can still make the patch a requirement for the HOF, you just have to let people know that the SS taker must be enabled (which it will be by default).

#412 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

People just need to learn to use their computers and stop running a lot of bs on them, like toolbars, search bars or any other **** that runs in the background on your computer.
I've been able to spam the screenshot key without any lag thanks to olaf's latest updates. So the patch is fine, just the people's computers that's not working optimally or smoothly.

#413 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

I noticed this pause during a tourny that I ran last year on YR where at the end of it, I asked for a SS from all 4 players and the game came to a complete halt for about 5 seconds.

Taking a SS without the patch takes much longer than with the patch. Be sure to install the latest version (no PNG, no XGS).
If that's still not good enough, use http://xwis.net/temp/xwis.dll with delayed uploading.

#414 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

Does the patch auto update now? If not, it'd be a good idea. Also, Olaf, not that you're planning to do it, but if you were, how long would it take you to modify this patch to work on YR?

#415 PostNextOlaf

PostNextOlaf

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1680 posts
  • XWIS Name: yid

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

Does the patch auto update now?

I believe it does- thats why it takes a bit longer to start the game when using the patch. And making it work on YR would be great but i think yuris is considered as a lost cause now...

#416 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

Does the patch auto update now? If not, it'd be a good idea.

The maps are automatically updated, the code isn't. Yet.

Also, Olaf, not that you're planning to do it, but if you were, how long would it take you to modify this patch to work on YR?

It's hard to predict that kind of things.

#417 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

How long did the first release of the patch take to make, if you don't mind me asking? Do you think, now that you're more familiar with the internal functions of RA2, and if time allows it, you'll be able to make one for YR? Also, how long will it take you to get annoyed with my questions?

#418 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

How long did the first release of the patch take to make, if you don't mind me asking?

Years :p

Do you think, now that you're more familiar with the internal functions of RA2, and if time allows it, you'll be able to make one for YR?

Technically, yes

Also, how long will it take you to get annoyed with my questions?

Probably takes quite a while too

#419 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

How long did the first release of the patch take to make, if you don't mind me asking?

Years :p

:D but seriously, how long? I'm not asking you to make one, I'm just really curious. If I played YR enough, which I don't, I'd probably pay you a few days worth to work on it, maybe weeks, but definitely not 'years'! :D

#420 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

40 hours / 1 week maybe

#421 Melodyn

Melodyn

Seal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

can u remove/neutralize the function from ra2 that fopens the multiplayer stats file and dumps addresses into it? ive only ever seen severe abuse done with it no real use. really so annoying in fact some harvest it and do trace, then they say where u r from. they did this to me. im scared 1 day they might appear infront my house door (probably not but u dont know). try nopout call from image base and 81e1a more. thx alot guys.

#422 AD4M

AD4M

Allied King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:01 PM

who cares ?

#423 Melodyn

Melodyn

Seal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

i care or i wouldnt really ask, its a pest, takes little patch and it solved the biiig issue.

#424 Jev

Jev

Captain

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1024 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

:D but seriously, how long? I'm not asking you to make one, I'm just really curious. If I played YR enough, which I don't, I'd probably pay you a few days worth to work on it, maybe weeks, but definitely not 'years'! :D

Minimum wage £6.08 pph.
You owe Olaf £243.20p :matrix:

#425 Melodyn

Melodyn

Seal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

Minimum wage £6.08 pph.
You owe Olaf £243.20p :matrix:

i dont think hes doing it for minimal wage... 6 pound? thats an insulting, u from uk? if so i can see why so many riots happens there...

i probably do yr client part for free, delivery is on the next calendar day. considering i would get the material from ra2 of course + allowance. dont anyway the same from ra2 can be loaded into yr with somes small branch? i got some experience using microsoft tools, some other + friends who answers questions to it. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users