22 replies to this topic

#1 amundi

amundi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:40 PM

Hi everybody. After few months that I havent play RA2, few days ago I reinstal Win XP SP2 on my comp. Of course, I reinstal RA2, too. After install RA2 I run patch RA2 ver 1.006. Everything is ok except after I finish a game in the lobby, when I leave the game I cant reconect to the server(lobby) and my internet conection freeze! I cant load any sites, any adress. (tracert or ping in comand prompt, type: "request timed out")
The only way to fix this is to restart my comp. I mention that I have a router..but in the past with the same router and the same Operating System I havent any problem to play the RA2 online...Maybe is necesary to download another patch or something like XWIS.exe ???
Where is the problem? What can I do to fix this?
Thx all for help!

#2 Peer

Peer

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:03 PM

Try to find a driver update for your network card, that has worked for me in the past.

#3 amundi

amundi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:05 PM

Try to find a driver update for your network card, that has worked for me in the past.

Thx! But I have the latest driver for network card...from AsROCK site..I have a AsROCK 770 Extreme 3 mobo...
Maybe was another problem?

#4 jequ

jequ

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:24 PM

Thx! But I have the latest driver for network card...from AsROCK site..I have a AsROCK 770 Extreme 3 mobo...
Maybe was another problem?

I downloaded the game from torrent and i have same problem.
I also used the "NO-CD" so i dont need to keep the img mounted or the CD in all the time.. My antivir software detected something, running called "block" when i tried to shut down the computer. Im working with this problem now. Hopefully can fix it.

- jequ

#5 amundi

amundi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

I downloaded the game from torrent and i have same problem.
I also used the "NO-CD" so i dont need to keep the img mounted or the CD in all the time.. My antivir software detected something, running called "block" when i tried to shut down the computer. Im working with this problem now. Hopefully can fix it.

- jequ

I have licence for Windows and my game is original with Serial Number...In the past all works fine but, after reinstall the Win Xp SP2, now I have this problem...

And today I find another one problem..I cant conect to other players when I make a game in the loby....Is server's problems or mine?

#6 jequ

jequ

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:44 PM

I have licence for Windows and my game is original with Serial Number...In the past all works fine but, after reinstall the Win Xp SP2, now I have this problem...

And today I find another one problem..I cant conect to other players when I make a game in the loby....Is server's problems or mine?

I ordered a offical cd, but still fighting with this problem. My ping is extremely high when playing RA2 and everytime a internet match ends, my whole net card goes bazard.

Edited by jequ, 25 August 2011 - 02:45 PM.

#7 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13496 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

I ordered a offical cd, but still fighting with this problem. My ping is extremely high when playing RA2 and everytime a internet match ends, my whole net card goes bazard.

Contact the developer of the card or use another card.

#8 amundi

amundi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:27 PM

Still is so frustrating!
I only play nonrated games 2vs2 for 5-6 years ago. No problem! I bought The C&C Collection for about 7 years ago. I update to RA2 vers 1.06.
Still, from few weeks ago, I have this problem: after EACH game I finish, I cant reconect to XWIS Server, a messaage appear: "You've been disconected from the server" and after that my all Internet is freeze! My router is freeze, the only way to can reconect on Xwis server is to restart the router...PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!
Im not an PC expert, I donno what to do!
I have The same WinXP for just 4-5 years ago, I have firewall ON - Windows firewall. Obviously, from time to time I must reinstal the Operating System but nothing go wrong until few weeks ago. Same computer, same Operating System, same router, same settings for 4-5 years ago.

#9 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13496 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:50 PM

What did you do a few weeks ago?

#10 amundi

amundi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

What did you do a few weeks ago?

Reinstal Win Xp SP2, reinstal RA2 from my original DISK, patch RA2 at 1.0006 version. And suddenly when I try to log into XWIS server to play a 2vs2game I got this problem: EACH game I finish first game, I cant reconect to XWIS Server, and a messaage appear: "You've been disconected from the server" and after that my all Internet is freeze! My router is freeze, the only way to can reconect on Xwis server is to restart the router...
What did I do wrong? What is your advice mr Olaf? To try to reinstal RA2 from begining?
Thx you for your patience.

later edit: I just download RA2 2.0.0.2 from this http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/170611-fix-for-freeze-at-exit/page__st__30 (last version) I move the redalert2.exe file to C:Westwood/RA2 but when I double click on redalert2.exe file a message appear: "Failed to reinitialize. Please reinstal" What can I do, where I make a mistake?

Edited by amundi, 14 September 2011 - 08:17 PM.

#11 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13496 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

How do you know your router is frozen?

Upgrade your NIC drivers!

#12 amundi

amundi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:16 PM

How do you know your router is frozen?

Upgrade your NIC drivers!

I cant go to any site, at comand promt : "tracert www.xwis.net" or "tracert yahoo.com" I got this message: "Unable to rezolve the target bla bla bla" >>> nothing works on INternet. I cant load any site, any adress.

What is NIC drivers?

Edited by amundi, 14 September 2011 - 08:17 PM.

#13 uncledrew

uncledrew

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • XWIS Name: .

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

What is NIC drivers?

Network interface card.

#14 amundi

amundi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

Network interface card.

Ty! I just go to DeviceManager and I type here the model.maybe I dont know where to search the latest driver for NIC for WinXP SP2...
Realtek RTL8168D(P)/8111D(P) PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

LE: I just check again on ASROCK site..I already have the latest driver for this NIC: http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=770%20Extreme3&o=XP "Gigabit lan driver ver:5708 - for Win XP" :( what can I do?

Edited by amundi, 14 September 2011 - 09:17 PM.

#15 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13496 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

Look at the Realteak site. Or contact them. Normally Realtek works.

#16 amundi

amundi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

Look at the Realteak site. Or contact them. Normally Realtek works.

Ok ty. I will do..but I havent any other problem with my NIC, except this one on RA2 XWIS server. Any other suggestion? To try to reinstall all RA2 game?
By the way wich are the steps: 1. Instal RA2 from orig CD, 2. patch at ver 1,006 and after that 3. instal RA2 2.0.0.2 ? and which exe did I use?

#17 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13496 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:15 PM

It's your NIC driver, it's not RA2...

#18 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:19 AM

I had the exact same problem a few years ago on my old Win XP SP3. After having tried everything, the only thing that worked was buying a new network card that had a 8139 chipset (about $15AUD, 5 minutes to install). I still use that same card on my Win 7 Ultimate 64 with no problems playing RA2.

As a temporary solution, what you can do is each time your Internet locks up after playing a RA2 match, disconnect your ethernet cable for 10 seconds, reconnect it and wait for your modem lights to turn back on. It's not really a fix but at least you wouldn't have to reboot.

#19 amundi

amundi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:57 PM

I had the exact same problem a few years ago on my old Win XP SP3. After having tried everything, the only thing that worked was buying a new network card that had a 8139 chipset (about $15AUD, 5 minutes to install). I still use that same card on my Win 7 Ultimate 64 with no problems playing RA2.

As a temporary solution, what you can do is each time your Internet locks up after playing a RA2 match, disconnect your ethernet cable for 10 seconds, reconnect it and wait for your modem lights to turn back on. It's not really a fix but at least you wouldn't have to reboot.

Yes ty, I do the same...disconect my router and reconect it - the only way to play again...is kind of frustration :(

#20 amundi

amundi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:09 PM

Today I install Win7 64bits on other HDD. After, I install RA2 and patch 1.006. Indeed, after I finish a game 2vs2 I can go back on lobby, the old problem is fixed, here in Win7..but on Win7 I have other problem...each time I try to exit the game RA2 (when I press EXIT button) appear a black screen and nothing happened...until I press Ctrl-Alt-Del and there, on task manager, I saw "Process RA2 not responding".. I must stop the game.exe. This is the only way to exit the RA2
Any sugestion?

Edited by amundi, 16 September 2011 - 04:12 PM.

#21 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:24 PM

Today I install Win7 64bits on other HDD. After, I install RA2 and patch 1.006. Indeed, after I finish a game 2vs2 I can go back on lobby, the old problem is fixed, here in Win7..but on Win7 I have other problem...each time I try to exit the game RA2 (when I press EXIT button) appear a black screen and nothing happened...until I press Ctrl-Alt-Del and there, on task manager, I saw "Process RA2 not responding".. I must stop the game.exe. This is the only way to exit the RA2
Any sugestion?

Download and install http://xwis.net/temp/Red_Alert-2-0.0.2.exe. It's Olaf's new patch. Still in beta/testing phase and I haven't had time to try it out yet but some people said it works.

#22 amundi

amundi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:03 PM

Download and install http://xwis.net/temp/Red_Alert-2-0.0.2.exe. It's Olaf's new patch. Still in beta/testing phase and I haven't had time to try it out yet but some people said it works.

Thx but I need details. Install where, overwrite what etc

#23 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:39 PM

Install it in your RA2 directory. You shouldn't have to overwrite anything. Once installed, run 'Red Alert 2.exe' instead of ra2.exe or game.exe. I'm not sure if this patch works on the original version of RA2, you might have to download the multiplayer-only version from http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/162657-official-xwis-download-list/ and install the patch there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users