Jimmyyyyy

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:27 PM

Ok so I got quite a few probs.

I'll start with the common.

1. I have the blackscreen/can't see menu problem. I am on a laptop windows 7, intel® HD Graphics. I have been searching around these forums and i guess this problem still hasn't been fixed? I did all the basics like compatibility, attempt to correct ini file, etc and none of that worked. I know it is because of the ddraw.dll thing and it is forcing it to the small 800x600 resolution. Has this been fixed?

2. I found out you can actually navigate the menu and still play the game if you just press the windows button or alt tab out real quick and go back into it. What happens is, it will show the screen your on with the menu buttons, and you can navigate it by continually alt + tabbing/windows button. The game plays when you start it and everything, it's just menu's that you will not see. Well by using this I am able to start lan games and get into them on my network, but I cannot see the other computer when we try to lan with each other. Help please...

FIXED 3. Multiplayer is not working. I have 2 cd keys because I bought the game twice a while ago because my cd was broken, so I have two usernames for online. I logged in with both usernames on both computers, started the game, but on both computers like both games start and when we both get into the game one of them freezes and says cannot connect to the other player and the other computer goes to a black screen. I don't know why it does this, but it happens everytime, always alternating which computer does which.

FIXED 4. Since I have 2 cd keys I registered another username on this site. (Me and my brother are the ones trying to lan together but it's not working. I am posting all these questions from his username mine is Johng123.) Well the problem is I put in the cd key and it says already in use by another user. It's weird because I used to be able to login to my account online like earlier today but when I registered on this site and tried my username it no longer worked. I think the cd key is linked to like an old westwood account or something. Some one help me out here on what to do and how to fix this. I have the 2 cd keys, and one linked (this account) but the other cd key will not link.

Yeah I have a lot of problems please help!!

Edited by Jimmyyyyy, 03 April 2011 - 01:18 AM.

#2 Johng

Johng

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:33 PM

nvm bout problem 4 I fixed that

#3 Jimmyyyyy

Jimmyyyyy

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:22 PM

bump, some one please help I really want to play ra2

#4 Jimmyyyyy

Jimmyyyyy

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

re-bump

#5 Jimmyyyyy

Jimmyyyyy

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:18 PM

bump

#6 Jimmyyyyy

Jimmyyyyy

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:07 AM

you guys suck :(

#7 No0bziLLa

No0bziLLa

[Banned]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2027 posts
  • XWIS Name: No0bZiLLa

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:35 PM

hey man, sorry i didnt see your post till now

i would attempt to see if they have an update for your graphics card.

for the graphics you could try setting the affinity, dont know if this will work but you could give it a shot anyways.

open ra2, then hit the windows button on your keyboard to get back to the desktop. now open task manager and click "processes" scroll down till you see ra2.exe. right click on it and select set affinity. then mess around in here to try to get it working, if messing with this doesnt work then i dunno what to tell you. my win7 64 bit system plays it just fine.

#8 Johng

Johng

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:06 AM

well since it is on my laptop it is a built in graphics card (not sure if that would affect anything). I tried messing with affinity and it did not work

#9 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:39 AM

Can you upload a screen shot or two of the problems you are trying to fix? I bet that would help people understand the problem that you are currently having.

Edited by Seke, 20 April 2011 - 03:40 AM.

#10 BeHumble

BeHumble

Here & There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2902 posts
  • XWIS Name: LooKaUFO

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:36 PM

well since it is on my laptop it is a built in graphics card (not sure if that would affect anything). I tried messing with affinity and it did not work

I use to have the same problem man, I never could figure out what it was :( I just got a new computer and it worked fine, or try reinstalling all ra2 files and get rid of everything.

#11 Johng

Johng

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:34 AM

alright pic here:
Posted Image

(Note I used a camera to take the picture because when I took a screenshot it looked normal (wtf?!))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users