#1 adi518

adi518

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • XWIS Name: adi518

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:44 PM

I just got a brand new machine, i5,4gb of ram, etc'. Anyways, to my surprise RA2 & RA2 Yuri both have problem where the game comes up and I can't see the buttons on the menu and the whole thing seems to be displayed in 4:3 aspect ratio. Any clue on this? My graphics card is the onboard Intel HD 2000 which works fine on other, much more modern games.

Please help! :(

for the matter, I have a legit TFD copy, game is installed properly and worked flawlessly on my old PC.

Edited by adi518, 31 March 2011 - 08:45 PM.

#2 HIEZER

HIEZER

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:16 PM

i have the same problem, i've tried a few things and nothing seems to have worked ¬¬

#3 adi518

adi518

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:18 PM

be sure to post here if you find the solution... :(

Edited by adi518, 31 March 2011 - 10:19 PM.

#4 No0bziLLa

No0bziLLa

[Banned]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2027 posts
  • XWIS Name: No0bZiLLa

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:23 PM

partition your harddrive so its big enuff for winxp and the game to fit on. then make your computer where it can dual boot. that way you can boot to either OS you want. its really simpler than it sounds

#5 adi518

adi518

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:27 PM

partition your harddrive so its big enuff for winxp and the game to fit on. then make your computer where it can dual boot. that way you can boot to either OS you want. its really simpler than it sounds

I actually have windows XP and win 7 in dual boot but my xp isn't booting properly because I forgot to load the new mobo sata controller driver :\ But even so, I think that this problem will persist in XP. It's also not related to RES since the game menu is fixed to 800x600. It's something else causing it. That or incompatibility with this on board graphics chip. I hight doubt it's the graphics chipset. Did I mention that something is wrong with the videos? damn it's strange.

Edited by adi518, 31 March 2011 - 10:29 PM.

#6 No0bziLLa

No0bziLLa

[Banned]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2027 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:26 AM

dude, if you can manage to get the sata controller driver i guarantee it will work. win7 works alot different that xp

what chip set do you have? because i run ra2 and yuris on my win7 flawless. try this dude, i know its gonna sound weird or w.e, if you have multiple computers on a home network, install the game on the xp machine if you have one, then share the ra2 and yuri folder with the network. then try to play it from the mapped network drive. if you dont know how to map a network drive i can help

#7 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:51 AM

I actually have windows XP and win 7 in dual boot but my xp isn't booting properly because I forgot to load the new mobo sata controller driver :\ But even so, I think that this problem will persist in XP. It's also not related to RES since the game menu is fixed to 800x600. It's something else causing it. That or incompatibility with this on board graphics chip. I hight doubt it's the graphics chipset. Did I mention that something is wrong with the videos? damn it's strange.

Is the problem you are having that when you start ra2 up the screen is just black and you cant see any buttoms? But you can still press them?
If it is iv'e had the exact same problem as you, I solved it by using this program:

http://blog.obelisk.ro/2010/09/resolution-fix-for-red-alert-2-yuris.html

Just place the file in the ra2 folder and start the program and try different resolutions untill you can see the buttons again.

#8 No0bziLLa

No0bziLLa

[Banned]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2027 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:26 AM

Is the problem you are having that when you start ra2 up the screen is just black and you cant see any buttoms? But you can still press them?
If it is iv'e had the exact same problem as you, I solved it by using this program:

Just place the file in the ra2 folder and start the program and try different resolutions untill you can see the buttons again.

if this works, you,ve figured something out that has baffled a bunch of people for a while now.

#9 adi518

adi518

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:55 AM

The problem you describe relates to ddraw.dll which fixes slow downs on some computers and causes issue like the above for others.
Trying different res won't help because the menu is FIXED on just one res, 800x600. So we should search for the problem somewhere else. I'm gonna try fixing my XP but I very highly doubt it will work. On my old PC the game worked perfect in win 7, it's not the first time I'm trying to run game on win 7, it's the new hardware that's causing this.

Edited by adi518, 01 April 2011 - 02:33 PM.

#10 adi518

adi518

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:00 AM

if this works, you,ve figured something out that has baffled a bunch of people for a while now.

Its not gonna help. I tried it before posting here. Nice of that guy to make that app for RA2 but it's nothing special and also requires the CD to be in, which sucks, but that's for another discussion.

#11 HIEZER

HIEZER

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:09 PM

Drasden you are the MAN! this has baffaled me for weeks, thanks for the link :D

#12 adi518

adi518

Corporal

• Members