9 replies to this topic

#1 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12219 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:26 AM

In this unique tournament, a pyramid will visually display the position of competitors where the person on the apex will be declared the current champion. Participating players will earn points after each win which will determine the position of the individual player in the pyramid.

During the first week of the tournament, everyone will start on the bottom of the pyramid where everyone is allowed to challenge each other to earn points (First to three wins, wins). After the first week is completed, the player with the most points will be on the top, and the second to most points (this will be a group of players) will be on the bottom and so on.

The players on the bottom of the tournament may only challenge the players on the top stage of the bottom. For example, let’s suppose there are 5 stages (there may be more) where the 5th stage is the player with most points. The player on the first stage may challenge players in the 2nd stage to take their spot, but may not challenge players on the third, fourth, or fifth. The 2nd stage, may challenge players on the 3rd stage, but may not challenge players on the 1st, 4th, or 5th.

Players who challenge an individual and lose may not challenge again until they earn three points from different players on his or her stage. By beating another competitor, the player earns one point, while the other loses a point and vise-versa. Negative points may apply.

Players on the 4th, 3rd, and 2nd stage who challenge an individual from the proceeding stage and lose, must complete three challenges in order to keep their spot and be allowed to challenge again.

All the games will be held in a first to three wins, wins form.

Players who reject one challenge will lose a point. Players who reject two challenges will lose their position in the pyramid (unless they have a valid reason in which the challenge can be held on a different day).

In order to keep the tournament running smooth, players who are not seen in five days will lose their position to give other players the opportunity to get to the top.

The player on the apex of the pyramid is not allowed to challenge anyone since he would be declared the current winner and will be defending his position.

The tournament will run for 2 months so that there can be a variety of games and different challenges to get to the top.

The winner will receive a custom made signature with their nickname on it, big enough to be visual but small enough to keep space for other content.

It is a bit complex so if anyone needs clarity please feel free to post! :) I can try to make it s cash tournament (can't promise), though if it were to happen, it'd only be like 20 bucks since I have no money! :p

/edit- also suggestions are welcomed.

Edited by BlueBala, 20 March 2011 - 08:36 AM.

#2 thomas338

thomas338

Sun Wukong

• Members
  • 11381 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:57 AM

I kinda like the idea.
but maybe you should simplify it a bit, because even running a normal tournament has proven to be pretty hard in this community.

#3 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:15 AM

I don't it would be a problem. Wins will be proven with SS

Edited by BlueBala, 20 March 2011 - 09:20 AM.

#4 offline

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • XWIS Name: a

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:02 PM

i have a good idea for a torny. 3 players ffa in any 4 spot map. or even 4 players ffa.

#5 unanswered

unanswered

Seal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:25 PM

Sedona FFA tourney would be epic.

#6 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:35 AM

i have a good idea for a torny. 3 players ffa in any 4 spot map. or even 4 players ffa.

I can do that :)

#7 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:00 AM

sounds good, try and get sign ups

#8 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:39 AM

Alright, I will put up the sign up soon

#9 offline

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • XWIS Name: a

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:40 PM

I can do that :)

can = will?

#10 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:59 PM

can = will?

Yes, I will. The sign ups will be posted in about two days :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users