#51 tbiol

tbiol

Captain

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • XWIS Name: tbiol

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:57 AM

The only working option is a new patch / update, that makes it imposible for other units to stand on the building.

Off-topic: I rather play someone with FOGhack + ifv engi then an ALTER.

Actually that's right on topic. How you feel about it, is an acceptable answer.

But would you rather have a foghack, ifv, with a waypointed engi?

#52 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18212 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:08 PM

someone please tell me andy doesnt play anymore :closedeyes:

#53 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

i loled @ ppl saying alt isnt lame! alt isnt that bad but when you use **** tactics + alt its terrible..... time for a story!

Blood Fued, allen aka ViP is yuri and im Iraq... he builds first miner and sends it straight to my warfactory, he builds straight lashers and sells mcv..... there is literally NOTHING you can do in an instance like that, (notice how i brought up an op YR strat since the game is dead). people don't realise how OP some of these glitches are when top players use them.

#54 A7Wins

A7Wins

Sergeant SmasH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

Thats right Tony, in the hands of an experienced played alting becomes too severe. But now that admins are saying its no bug abuse, i shall begin to incorporate this tactic, fighting fire with fire, even though water would be my best bet.

#55 siklecide

siklecide

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:38 AM

simple solution to someone alting in earily game with miner. Is Soldiers and pill box's. ( less damage ) and rocketters if playing as allies.

The offender used early miner to alt. He is hurting on funds. ( make him pay for it )

If playing as sovs or mainly iraq then pop radar and desolators to ward off the tanks he sends when he sells his mcv.

( keep desolators close so that sentry guns can aid in the protection.)

Once offending miner is destroyed. produce terror drones and keep a watchful eye on your own miner so opponent does not try to attack it.

Wait out the storm stay calm build up your funds then annihilate the silly nab.

Edited by siklecide, 01 December 2011 - 08:41 AM.

#56 magictank

magictank

Seal

• Warning
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:37 AM

I think there is a diff when alting to block the war so people can't build and alting during a tank fight to kill the war. Alting to block a war is very lame but I think alting to kill it with tanks is not a big deal. I do not do it a lot but sometimes it's do it or lose. I was playing vs mid other day and I was about to lose tank fight because of sentrys, so I alted the war with my last 3 tanks and that made the diff. Most people who get alted are camping in my experience. It's just like an engy though. It's annoying but part of the game.

#57 uncledrew

uncledrew

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • XWIS Name: .

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

simple solution to someone alting in earily game with miner. Is Soldiers and pill box's. ( less damage ) and rocketters if playing as allies.

Are you sure about that? I thought soldiers (gi?) and pillboxes would do as much or more damage than tanks when someone is alting your buildings.

Edited by a1Peter, 02 December 2011 - 05:29 PM.

#58 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:30 PM

Are you sure? I though soldiers (gi?) and pillboxes would do as much or more damage than tanks when someone is alting your buildings.

They do... Best answer is to just kill his tanks as fast as possible. Manually target the tanks not on the factory and make a engi from barracks to fix the factory.

#59 DrVanNostrand

DrVanNostrand

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5114 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:22 PM

i loled @ ppl saying alt isnt lame! alt isnt that bad but when you use **** tactics + alt its terrible..... time for a story!

Blood Fued, allen aka ViP is yuri and im Iraq... he builds first miner and sends it straight to my warfactory, he builds straight lashers and sells mcv..... there is literally NOTHING you can do in an instance like that, (notice how i brought up an op YR strat since the game is dead). people don't realise how OP some of these glitches are when top players use them.

i dont understand why cant u just build warf to back and do wall ? get atleast 1 tank out and repair with engies :S

#60 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

I think in yuri, alting a war blocks tanks from coming out aswell as making you take friendly fire on your war. O_O

#61 DrVanNostrand

DrVanNostrand

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5114 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

i know i played yuri alot, thats why i said repair with engineer. i dont remember alting ever being a problem when playing vs yuri

#62 PostNextOlaf

PostNextOlaf

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1680 posts
  • XWIS Name: yid

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:56 PM

Thats because it isnt ;)

#63 EliteNinja

EliteNinja

The Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:55 PM

if i play vs yuri i alt THEM ALL :D and eng everywhere walkin

Edited by Fantastic, 02 December 2011 - 11:55 PM.

#64 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

I think in yuri, alting a war blocks tanks from coming out aswell as making you take friendly fire on your war. O_O

Same on ra2...? If you keep clicking it blocks tanks...

#65 Chrisev

Chrisev

CnCSaga Staff since 2009

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9132 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrisev

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:53 PM

I will never having respect for people who ALT on RA2, that's ruin some games and it's a pathetic try to own a game.
Just today vs jobs1 clan 2vs2 CM loosing in part cuz of this ALT : http://xwis.net/ra2/screenshots/21647/
After people who ALT others ask why the game starting to be dead ? If people will stop that, people will be more motivate to play !

Edited by Chrisev, 03 December 2011 - 03:53 PM.

#66 DrVanNostrand

DrVanNostrand

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5114 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

instead of taking ss's and crying about it, try to prevent it . :) alting sucks but its easy to avoid.

#67 tbiol

tbiol

Captain

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • XWIS Name: tbiol

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

I think the respect you warrant while playing this game, prevents many players from truly trying to lame you. I may be way off base, but I'd think that your point range is so limiting, that you are looking at 15 to 20 games of bashing before you get to a skill level equivent to 'good at' laming, which you go through in another 5 games, and then you have a handful of players who play you for top 3 ranking.

How many players who play dirty actually get into your point range on a consistant basis?

There is no resentment or underlying tone in this statement, it truly is a question. Do you think players play different against you? Cause I've only played you a half dozen times or so, and you rip right thru me. Whether I try to play aggressive or not.

#68 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

instead of taking ss's and crying about it, try to prevent it . :) alting sucks but its easy to avoid.

alt is hard to avoid cause once it starts its kinda unpreventable without getting ref\wf killed and in a mcv sell game it costs u game sometimes

#69 Chrisev

Chrisev

CnCSaga Staff since 2009

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9132 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrisev

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

I'm actually hosting this game where i got alted, with 2 wars & no money at this moment when we was winning, it make a fatal laming. After be alted and loosing my only ref i was dead. That's how it's lame.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9DjDfEz6ls

Edited by Chrisev, 03 December 2011 - 10:22 PM.

#70 Myheart4u

Myheart4u

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:30 AM

alting is really not that bad.. some times its really awful.. but for the most part you can stop alting by meeting an attack before it reaches your base. Also, in some instances alting is not the most effective way to kill a warf/ref. tanks pause before moving when told to alt and this delay can be the difference in a successful attack. tanks alting the side of a warf do no extra damage and take longer to get into position, so alting is really only effective when attacking the warf/ref head-on. mostly, i find manually driving just into range and then pressing attack is the quickest way to destroy a building, otherwise the delay factor can cost too much time.

Lets face it.

Alting is most affecting going soviets.

Soviets are **** as it is.

I hate soviets.

ALLi3s 4 Lif3

#71 Gyroscopic

Gyroscopic

F(r)iend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3465 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:25 PM

Thats right Tony, in the hands of an experienced played alting becomes too severe. But now that admins are saying its no bug abuse, i shall begin to incorporate this tactic, fighting fire with fire, even though water would be my best bet.

admins are the worst people to take opinions from when talking about something that cannot be proven b/c they will always say that it isn't. if desos sometimes automatically deployed under bridges, i am 100% it would not be classed as bug abuse either, b/c it would be unprovable. saying otherwise is just setting themselves up for more work/useless cheat reports. besides, i'm certain that olaf has said before now that he thinks it's bug abuse.

imo, alting is bug abuse in the same way that waypoint engi is. didn't do either, and didn't re anyone who was geeky enough to do it against me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users