Photo

Official Tiberian Sun Forum MOD* sign-up

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Poll: Tiberian Sun Moderator

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Will having a tiberian sun Moderator help TS?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:33 PM

Well here it is. Become a TRIAL TS MOD!

This thread is designed to see who is interested in becoming a Trial Moderator for the Tib Sun forum. Moderator will clear spam from threads. Analyze cheat reports, etc etc.

Please explain why you will make a good mod and state your qualifications. If you have no previous mod experience, your encouraged to still sign-up! We all start somewhere. Also, state who you are in the Tiberian sun community, i dont know every1 here. For example, "im AuR/Hefewieze and i play Tiberian sun under that log". If you don't play tiberian sun, please state if you played the game or not, etc. Also why do you want this position and what changes do you see happening after you obtain the position (if applicable).

Someone who can identify a photoshopped screenshots, r/cs by sync.txt, can review cheat reports 5-6 times a week is all good postives you can mention about yourself! Just a few examples.

Once we get a few people interested, i will make a separate thread discussing who will be the best candidate. We will vote as a community. Once candidates are found we will than present it to Olaf/Admin for consideration.

Please no flaming or arguing in this thread. Its for the betterment of TS!

Olaf/Admin please correct me if i need to remove or add somthing.

Riz made this statement below sometime last summer. We can follow this as well

Go post among your community and come up with a list of 3 people you can put forward for the job that we can vet, these people have to have zero cheating, hacking and civil disobedience history.

They have to be able to show us they have the understanding of the guidelines that EA have set down for us to follow in marking reports proven and trusted to act accordingly regardless of personal prejudices or feelings.

They would be taking on a predetermined role, not coming on board to make changes, purely to analyze reports and make sure each one thats marked proven has no spam and all the information and explanation of the cheat needed for an admin to issue the ban/points return and no more.

Just for clarification! Its not in my interest to become a moderator here.

Posted Image

Edited by hefeweize, 05 February 2011 - 07:25 PM.

#2 thuglife

thuglife

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

Well here it is. Become a TRIAL TS MOD!

This thread is designed to see who is interested in becoming a Trial Moderator for the Tib Sun forum. Moderator will clear spam from threads. Analyze cheat reports, etc etc.

Please explain why you will make a good mod and state your qualifications. If you have no previous mod experience, your encouraged to still sign-up! We all start somewhere.

Once we get a few people interested, i will make a separate thread discussing who will be the best candidate. We will vote as a community. Once candidates are found we will than present it to Olaf/Admin for consideration.

Please no flaming or arguing in this thread. Its for the betterment of TS!

Olaf/Admin please correct me if i need to remove or add somthing.

oh sorsy yes can you make me a moderator I will be honest and fair plus im on TS all the time

#3 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:59 PM

oh sorsy yes can you make me a moderator I will be honest and fair plus im on TS all the time

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/168128-deadru-is-abusing-players-in-lobby/page__view__findpost__p__1442029

Next..

Edited by neogrant, 04 February 2011 - 04:59 PM.

#4 Dyson

Dyson

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • XWIS Name: Walshy

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:44 PM

I've mentioned an interest in the position on another thread :)

I would like an attempt at this, if possible.
As a new member of the community, at least you know I wouldn't be bias towards any individuals! I've also been a moderator a Solid Snake Designs, prior to it's closing, so I have experience!

Just to add: I'm currently a student at the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) and would certainly be willing to donate time and assistance. Since my membership here, I've visit the forum almost daily. I'm not currently employed, so I can be on during most hours if needed.

Edited by Aleatory, 04 February 2011 - 06:54 PM.

#5 MaYwEaThErDaZ

MaYwEaThErDaZ

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • XWIS Name: gh

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:46 PM

My Application ,

- Never cheated on TS, Never had a bad record , fair playa! -

- Trustworthy -

(During the summer when I was working,(welding engineering)I was responsible for opening the workshop and working through to 8am to half 4pm by myself.

I've matured a lot - willing to learn - Returned to School after 2 and a half years working/F*ing around -

I want competition for TS , Solve this cheating issue , advertise TS/ST

I'm a fair guy and I don't think anyone would have a bad word against me (:

willing to learn about Moderating

- I'm constantly learning new stuff (Currently Studying (For school - Chemistry,Metal-Engineering(welding for my apprenticeship)and Biology)
Outside school - (Practicing English,Irish,Astronomy,HTML and touching on Programming)

Edited by MaYwEaThErDaZ, 04 February 2011 - 06:47 PM.

#6 silver23

silver23

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • XWIS Name: silver23

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:44 PM

Application:
My main log is Silver23 but I have had many others, I have played TS for about 9 years, therefore I know most concepts if not all in the game.
I understand the concepts of cheating and what the patches contain and how to recognize them in ss's and sync reports.
If I were a cheat trial mod I would like to see other peoples opinions on the cheat report and their analysis (no flaming though) before I give an official say to the report due to the fact that I tend to keep an open mind. I think going about it that way would be more efficient because not everyone is perfect, I could be wrong or might have missed something in some reports, plus most of us are really experienced in TS on these forums.
I don't have any record of cheating.
I have tagged along the main C&C forums for quite some time now and have even moderated in some including being a cheat moderator and an admin.
I follow forum rules to the best of my capability and do not let power, emotions, or immaturity get the best of me.
I am not the best player on westwood maps like most members are on here but I am really decent on mod maps and have a basic skill on WW maps. But just because you are a good ww player doesn't mean you can rule out another player for cheat mod due to gameplay.

Hope you all consider me :D

Edited by silver23, 04 February 2011 - 10:46 PM.

#7 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:22 PM

Thanks for the applications Silver, Mayweat, Aleatory, lost souls.

Lostsouls + Aleatory, what is ur logins on ts and ur history with the game>?

Silver, u have prior cheat mod exp which is good.

Mayweather, u seem to have the will to do this, and i respect that.

Good luck. Will be takin in more applications and we as a community will vote

#8 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:14 AM

Good luck you lot :)

I voted YES !

Edited by WhiteTib, 05 February 2011 - 12:16 AM.

#9 pr0tezzb0

pr0tezzb0

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:19 AM

my vote would go too Darren aka MaYwEaThErDaZ. Pretty respectable player that most of the community knows has good game exp and good attitude. and has been active enough over recent years to carryout this job.

#10 MaYwEaThErDaZ

MaYwEaThErDaZ

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:31 AM

my vote would go too Darren aka MaYwEaThErDaZ. Pretty respectable player that most of the community knows has good game exp and good attitude. and has been active enough over recent years to carryout this job.

Thanks mate :D

#11 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

I would be more inclined to vote for someone if they actually listed WHY they want the position, and also WHAT they intend to do with the position if they get it.

So.. to anyone applying..
1) WHY DO YOU WANT THIS POSITION?
2) WHAT CHANGES DO YOU HOPE TO MAKE IF YOU GET THIS POSITION?

I would apply, but the only way i'd even consider this role is if i had server level admin access, and the ability to IP ban people from this forum.
Otherwise, its just like trying to scoop water out of a boat with a hole in the bottom.
You might think you are making progress, but you aren't.

I would base the operation of the servers and forum how gamebattles and xbox live operate, its a pretty much proven blueprint for how online gaming should be managed in 2011, TS is still stuck in 1998 with its online experience.

Anyhow, Olaf would never even dream of giving someone admin level access right off the bat, and thats the only way I could make the types of changes that i believe will make a difference on this game.
If you guys want a mod to just update HOF or write "proven" on cheat reports, thats fine, but it isn't going to change a damn thing or solve any of the real problems that haunt this game.

Edited by Farang, 05 February 2011 - 06:52 PM.

#12 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:11 PM

I would be more inclined to vote for someone if they actually listed WHY they want the position, and also WHAT they intend to do with the position if they get it.

So..

WHY DO YOU WANT THIS POSITION?

WHAT CHANGES DO YOU HOPE TO MAKE IF YOU GET THIS POSITION?

I would be more happy to agree with this post, if we knew WHAT qualities YOU want in a TS moderator, rather than shunning the answer, and trying to make this process longer than the year YOU have already delayed it for.

So, WHAT qualities do you WANT in a TS moderator ? By answering this question, people can actually list a relevance with their past, and future intentions and experiences, and help meet your "guidelines" of qualities that you would want to see in a TS moderator.

PS.. start your "My expected qualities of a TS Moderator" topic somewhere else, instead of dogging this topic, with off-topic stuff.... in other words... VOTE, or don't bother to post.

Edited by WhiteTib, 05 February 2011 - 06:29 PM.

#13 silver23

silver23

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:53 PM

I would apply, but the only way i'd even consider this role is if i had server level admin access, and the ability to IP ban people from this forum.
Otherwise, its just like trying to scoop water out of a boat with a hole in the bottom.
You might think you are making progress, but you aren't.

I would base the operation of the servers and forum how gamebattles and xbox live operate, its a pretty much proven blueprint for how online gaming should be managed in 2011, TS is still stuck in 1998 with its online experience.

Anyhow, Olaf would never even dream of giving someone admin level access right off the bat, and thats the only way I could make the types of changes that i believe will make a difference on this game.
If you guys want a mod to just update HOF or write "proven" on cheat reports, thats fine, but it isn't going to change a damn thing or solve any of the real problems that haunt this game.

I listed what changes I would do, and I think the reason to be a mod would be obvious..to finally stop the cheating have a fun ladder and get the community back on their feet

Edited by silver23, 05 February 2011 - 06:53 PM.

#14 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

I listed what changes I would do, and I think the reason to be a mod would be obvious..to finally stop the cheating have a fun ladder and get the community back on their feet

Yes those would be the most popular goals, but how do you intend to achieve them?

#15 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:04 PM

I would be more happy to agree with this post, if we knew WHAT qualities YOU want in a TS moderator, rather than shunning the answer, and trying to make this process longer than the year YOU have already delayed it for.

So, WHAT qualities do you WANT in a TS moderator ? By answering this question, people can actually list a relevance with their past, and future intentions and experiences, and help meet your "guidelines" of qualities that you would want to see in a TS moderator.

PS.. start your "My expected qualities of a TS Moderator" topic somewhere else, instead of dogging this topic, with off-topic stuff.... in other words... VOTE, or don't bother to post.

This is the type of post / person that is crippling any form of progress on this forum.
If i was given admin job, one of my first tasks would be permanently removing trolls like this.

Edited by Farang, 05 February 2011 - 07:05 PM.

#16 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:23 PM

Good. I agree. Ill update my original post.

We are not looking to ban anyone on the forum with a IP ban right now. Just need someone to update the hof, write 'proven', and reset rankings if possible. Depends on ST they can than upgrade the status to IP banning in the future.

Whitetib, Farangs original post before the edit was fine. He is ok and openminded with the fact of having a mod. You should have took that at ran. I would have. Its kinda like getting someone to finally agree with you, and you push their buttons. He just wants to know their goals. He mentioned somting in the past about "peoples mind changing when they have power" I agree with this.

Both Farang and Whitetib, we should settle our differences or even just ignore each other. Im scared to see either of you as a mod cause you will just ban each other lol.. Both of you guys are great TS players of the past and the future =). If there wasnt no banter between you two, i would vote for you guys as well. But im going to keep my vote till the end.

I would liek to see a unbiased moderator run the show for now

Edited by hefeweize, 05 February 2011 - 07:29 PM.

#17 silver23

silver23

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

Yes those would be the most popular goals, but how do you intend to achieve them?

I told you, in every cheat report topic submitted, I would let the TS community in the forums have their say on the topic (without flaming of course) that way we all decide equally if the suspect is innocent or guilty I would just give the official say since i would be moderator of what the community decided.

EDIT: Also if I were to be moderator I would check every solution that is possible with ST to bring back the HOF ladder and tournies, I would also bring up suggestions and new ideas created or represented by the TS community to ST to see if they could be implemented.

Edited by silver23, 05 February 2011 - 09:08 PM.

#18 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:13 PM

This is the type of post / person that is crippling any form of progress on this forum.
If i was given admin job, one of my first tasks would be permanently removing trolls like this.

I was respondng to your post.

Please vote. Thankyou. :)

@Aur
I have no differences with him, I merely pointed out that he needs to inform people of the qualities he expects, that way people know what qualities they need, in order to satisfy his expectation of a moderator, and prevent his ... disagreements... in the future (as based on previous experience).

He attacked me, by calling me a troll, I have said nothing of the sort to him, since I have been back.

PS... I wouldn't ban him if I was a mod... every time I ban him, everyone attacks me... but (and I say this generally, not specifically) there HAS to be something done with ALL namehiders, and ALL proven cheaters to preserve the future of Tiberian Sun.

PPS... I haven't even said in this thread that I want to be mod, I don't.. because the future of TS deserves someone without as much prejudice as I have against trolls, cheaters, and namehiders.

:)

Vote changed.
If the moderator does his job and doesn't abuse his power, YES!

Edited by WhiteTib, 05 February 2011 - 08:28 PM.

#19 MaYwEaThErDaZ

MaYwEaThErDaZ

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:32 PM

Why I want to be a Moderator?

-

Well first off -

I want something to pass the time after school
I want to be beneficial to TS
I want to learn Moderation and have it as back-up in my CV for work in computing in the future
I've played TS a long time and I what it to last a lot longer
I want to bring this community together once and for all
I want the TS community to have confidence in knowing they are supported

What changes do you hope to make if you get this position?

-
There are so many, but changes are limited I'm afraid

I want to rid TS of cheaters
(made impossible until access to IP banning is acquired or serial validation is implied)
The solution for now ; Multiple posting of SS's taken of cheaters and warning the community.

Capping logs at 1 nick per serial (serial validation required,I think)

COMPETITION - I want to (with help) to set up a well organised tournament system for both the modding and WW players with decent enough incentives

Apply MOD MAPS back to the ladder to bring further competition for TS. (if possible)

Sort out the HOF - I've not much knowledge about this TBH but of course I'm willing to learn/sort it out

Much more but I cant think right now...

Basically - Everything I can do while being a moderator will be done.

#20 Lurker

Lurker

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

Why I want to be a Moderator?

-

Well first off -

I want something to pass the time after school
I want to be beneficial to TS
I want to learn Moderation and have it as back-up in my CV for work in computing in the future
I've played TS a long time and I what it to last a lot longer
I want to bring this community together once and for all
I want the TS community to have confidence in knowing they are supported

What changes do you hope to make if you get this position?

-
There are so many, but changes are limited I'm afraid

I want to rid TS of cheaters
(made impossible until access to IP banning is acquired or serial validation is implied)
The solution for now ; Multiple posting of SS's taken of cheaters and warning the community.

Capping logs at 1 nick per serial (serial validation required,I think)

COMPETITION - I want to (with help) to set up a well organised tournament system for both the modding and WW players with decent enough incentives

Apply MOD MAPS back to the ladder to bring further competition for TS. (if possible)

Sort out the HOF - I've not much knowledge about this TBH but of course I'm willing to learn/sort it out

Much more but I cant think right now...

Basically - Everything I can do while being a moderator will be done.

You have my vote.

#21 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:35 AM

i would be comfortable if hefeweize or whitetib were in the position. if they aren't wanting to fill it, ill vote for silver

#22 Nimixes

Nimixes

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:21 AM

i would be comfortable if hefeweize or whitetib were in the position. if they aren't wanting to fill it, ill vote for silver

Ill toss my hat into the ring simply because I dont trust anyone other then MoT and for some reason hes not applying. As for experience when ts coming up on its 1st anniversary I was running tourneys for globaldom.com(since faded into obscurity) I have as much knowledge of the game as anyone else applied, Tho I don't actively play ts anymore as its older then my child an there isn't the player base for steady play. I have never cheated, I have never used any third party software to change the intent of the game developers. I can tell dummy screens, I can read game logs an see the patterns of someone steadily recon'ing.

First Id change how reports are made, Needing a screen of some random server information is ****, I call a spade a spade, we are all adults. 5 screens for infractions that can be told from said screens should be enough, 3 with player names, 2 with mini map visible. Please leave some shroud somewhere, its for your own protection an so forth. As for recons. Screens can help with that as well, but preferably rc games would be done the way they were back in the day. If someone has a history of it in their game logs, no ban, reset their points. And keep resetting their points anytime they accumulate them, they will either get the point or they will get a bad case of nerd rage when we constantly reset their points. Coincidentally Id like to see some other changes made to tourney games. Such as harvester truce must be turned off..... Allowing of approved mod maps(sorry, no custom units)... Short game must always be turned on, I wont say that for multi cause sometimes ya just wanna know who is faster... Tech levels must always be 10... Will allow unit count of 1 or 10 but never 2(this can be used as a poor mans exploit by some nod players[this would have to be player enforced, if you see someone trying to start the game without the proper amount of units, screens before game in the setting screen an then once in game of the amount of units]Proof will result in loss of all points)Also not allowed is players playing only one team, You can play the same map all day long, but making someone play a particular team or take a particular color I consider an exploit... Have no issue with alt scouting, its in the game afterall. I have no issue with build bug up to 3 squares away, Let me rephrase, If your using the build bug by moving mouse back an forth over a hill that's not an issue, if however you are using the map marker buttons to build say a emp in range of your enemy's base you will lose all your points... Also random maps must not be used in tourney play as most are blatantly unfair to some starting positions which might not be apparent at first...Re guarding fiends... I have no problem with someone caroling fiends say on pentagram or tib garden, using jj or any unit(if however, you have been fiend-ed from a barracks fiend then you will have to provide screens to that fact[this wont be hard to enforce as I believe only 4 maps have fiends so any fiends on a map other then those will be auto loss of points[) Thats about it for things Id like to change...

As for me, Over the last decade Ive played ts at different times. It would be a great honor to serve as its tournament watchdog for the twilight of its existence. We all know what the problems are, Now they just have to be fixed, Some people will disagree with my ideas of fair(listed above) most particularly about the harvester truce system. If you want HT, play ffg's. In a tourney enviorment its an unfair advantage vrs some very skilled nods that all ts players can muster if they really think about it.

Now ive seen some mention of ts tourneys other then the HOF. Which I will tell you is completely possible and something I know how to do easily but there will be a set number of players who sign up for it ahead of time, and there will be a minimum that will be required to play. Depending on the software ST uses(Im not familiar their software) Bonus's could be given perhaps to HOF ladder or maybe even clan ladders as an incentive to play. I doubt however very seriously that the amount of players for a tourney can be secured and online at the same time.

As for creditability well Ive listed my work with globaldom back around the time ts was booming and have hosted ts tourneys outside of ww before. Ive played the game in all its incantations(2.03 is all most players of today have any experience with) While I myself don't have any great feats attached to my name(in less you count 3v1s vrs gdi_barracks players way back in the day) I have heard and seen more then my share of ts. Its still a very dear part of my soul that I find myself quite unwilling to let go. It pains me to see players wanting to compete but unable to because of the lack of options they have had. I'm not without faults but I am full of nobility and good manners that are needed in what we are trying to do here. I think it fitting that one of the old pro's should be the vanguard of tomorrow so if you don't want me that's cool, but lets find someone who's got the same traits that I've listed, who wants to do whats right for the sake of competitive play and nothing else.

#23 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:55 AM

Why don't you sign up? Youd prob get my vote to. Nimxes, i just want to clarify who you are. Who is Angel63 to you?

#24 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:54 PM

Thanks Orochi, but I'm not running.

Plus, I'm not telling anyone who I vote for, because whoever I vote for will be dogged by those who don't want a moderator, and labelled as a troll, or labelled as a "lacky or cohort" of mine... and hounded until he, or she leaves the position.

Qualities I would like to see in a Tiberian Sun moderator include:

- Fairness
An unbiased person who is going to take alot of the posts on the forum with a pinch of salt, and allow freedom of speech, but lay down the law, when EA / XWIS guidelines are broken, according to XWIS guidelines, and the (not-yet-seen) contract between EA and XWIS.

- Politeness, but not butt kissing.
Someone who is good at customer relations, but will tell it as it is, instead of sugar-coating it, to make it sound great, when it's utter BS. A doer, not a talker.

- A forward thinker.
A polite moderator who has the forethought, and skills to think something out fully, and listen to the TS community, then arrange for the correct people to get involved in a project that will actually fix TS, and stabilise it's future.

- Someone we ALL respect, as a player.
The mod MUST be a TS player, and be familiar with it's history, and it's problems, so he or she is aware of what's needed to fix and stabilise TS.

- A CHANCE FROM THE TIBERIAN SUN COMMUNITY
We all start somewhere, and we all screw up too, someone with this much pressure is bound to make a few bodges in the first month or so.... so PLEASE GIVE HIM OR HER A CHANCE !

Edited by WhiteTib, 06 February 2011 - 05:14 PM.

#25 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:52 PM

silver23, mayweatherdaz, and aleatory all sound like worthy and up to par candidates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users