Photo

SERIAL VALIDATION

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

Poll: SERIAL VALIDATION

should serial validation be re-enabled?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Ra1supreme

Ra1supreme

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • XWIS Name: win4cabal

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:19 PM

Good idea with a trial. But, do these people from the CNC community have expereince with actually playing the game Tiberian sun. I know there is many people on this board who paly tib sun analyze screen shots being edited with photoshop etc etc. Its hard to do that when you dont actually play the game.

Yes, and these people are very loyal and work hard and "clean" , and letting them run the server through olaf/st on trial would be worth the shot. They are very into CnC, they are oldtimers of cnc themselves, they started with dune and never got further than renegade. Not only do they have the know how, they also have the abilities and knowledge required to run a game. Also, you could have like min 3-4 people assisting eachother on running it, so you have them and maybe a pro nerdlike gamer to help run it alongside, so you are assured everything is running smooth and so people are satisfied.

#102 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

first off I didn't ban you I'm the one who unbanned you after you came and cried to me over msn like a little girl.

I'm bored of hearing this. I've got other communities and other work where I'm appreciated. I have no problem going else where if you don't want my help.

I actually have a lot of legit talents unlike the most of you who sit here and troll forums thinking of 101 ways to cause problems.

I will not be renewing cn****, I will not be doing anything to further help any of you.

good luck & best wishes~

I personally am not taking no sides. We really appreciate everything you done for the community. But my question is, what can you do to help the community. Please state your ideas!
Since some of us disagree on serial validation, where are you trying to get at with it turned on? Let us know! You still didnt give a detailed explanation why serial validation will help us. YOu did mention banning cheaters, Lordspire makes us look bad. But did you weigh the risks of having it turned on?

Peace!

@ra2supreme

Im sure Olaf will need a litle more info on these people you speak of since they are not registered here. COrrect me if im wrong.

Edited by hefeweize, 28 January 2011 - 11:22 PM.

#103 Ra1supreme

Ra1supreme

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

first off I didn't ban you I'm the one who unbanned you after you came and cried to me over msn like a little girl.

I'm bored of hearing this. I've got other communities and other work where I'm appreciated. I have no problem going else where if you don't want my help.

I actually have a lot of legit talents unlike the most of you who sit here and troll forums thinking of 101 ways to cause problems while sitting on your fat asses.

I will not be renewing cn****, I will not be doing anything to further help any of you.

good luck & best wishes~

(maybe the next person who offers you the time and effort I and others have I suggest you don't waste it)

cheers~

and why are you having this attitude if i may ask?

#104 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:25 PM

there's nothing to explain, I have better things to do and better people to do them for.

(also the moderators here have allowed me and my friends to be continiously defamated by false accusations here with no care whatsoever)

bye

Edited by chrismlawrence, 28 January 2011 - 11:27 PM.

#105 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:30 PM

This is why i cant support you or recommend you for any position of authority in this community, you just make nonsense like this up,
it was you that added me to MSN and offered me a job on gamerwarzone, to which i responded with why would you offer me a job when you just banned me from the other site?
And that was it, I then expressed my confusion with the ridiculous idea of attempting to promote 2 sites, when promoting 1 was a major hurdle.

And Sean said it was you who banned me, he was the other admin at the time, I can only go by what he tells me.

first off I didn't ban you I'm the one who unbanned you after you came and cried to me over msn like a little girl and you know that.

I actually have a lot of legit talents unlike the most of you who sit here and troll forums thinking of 101 ways to cause problems while sitting on your fat asses.

good luck & best wishes~

(maybe the next person who offers you the time and effort I and others have I suggest you don't allow it to be wasted like this)

cheers~

(olaf please delete my account as I will never be visiting here again to waste my time. peace)

See you cant have guys like this running the show man, hes too close to the edge, you need stable people running the show.
If he had admin powers right now, peoples accounts would be dust.

#106 Ra1supreme

Ra1supreme

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

@ hefeweize

I will give all and every detail if olaf can tell us his view on this..

then i shall PM him and he can either approach them and check up on them or i can possible have them approach olaf.

And i had in mind to tell people about the community and that if people were looking for a well run and alive cnc95 and ra1 game, they could go there and find games, and they have a community/forum and live chat going on aswell. And you can install the games for free on their site and guide to how to play on their network/server, and there is 24/7 live chat/support on their CnC chatroom. And their chatroom consist of people from all four games, but mostly cnc95/ra1 and TS

#107 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Chris, you were the topic starter. Everyone gave educated replies. There is no trolling here. Dont give up on what you feel is right. Some people disagreed, but to continue a educated discussion it requires a solid debate without flames or biased remarks to anyone. If we can stay on topic we can finish the big question of having validation on or off.

@ra2, lets await on Olafs reply for you. I assume you want TS to be controled by strike-team with the help of a 3rd party mods?

Ill continue later on this!

Peace

Edited by hefeweize, 28 January 2011 - 11:33 PM.

#108 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

Its hard to debate solid facts and logic hefe, so what we are seeing is an immature reaction to when someone cannot get their way.
That's the reality of it.

Did he even make a case for why serials should be reinstated? All i saw was the cheating issue, but as we know we have 12 years of proof that its mostly ineffective on TS.

Edited by Farang, 28 January 2011 - 11:34 PM.

#109 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:35 PM

here you go bttzg, again your'e 100% right I banned you. God damn moron.

[image removed]

why should I stay here I've wasted another 30 minutes for nothing.

I'm done with it, have fun chasing your tails.

Edited by chrismlawrence, 28 January 2011 - 11:47 PM.

#110 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:35 PM

Its hard to debate solid facts and logic hefe, so what we are seeing is an immature reaction to when someone cannot get their way.
That's the reality of it.

Did he even make a case for why serials should be reinstated?

From what i read in this topic, it was the fact to ban cheaters and Olaf claimed that we will have a 'required' moderator. But that doesnt support the full argument. Still need more points than this. You mentioned before we had serial validation and there was still cheaters. Which is correct. So lets see.

#111 Farang

Farang

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:42 PM

here you go bttzg, again your'e 100% right I banned you. God damn moron.

why should I stay here I've wasted another 30 minutes for nothing.

I don't have access to your admin logs, I asked sean, he said it was you,
in anycase, you allowed it to happen, you allowed a lesser member of staff (at the time) to perma ban me for no reason.

You were the site admin, so im sure it was discussed, which makes you equally as responsible.
It took 20 days before you realised i was banned for no reason?

#112 Ra1supreme

Ra1supreme

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:42 PM

@ra2, lets await on Olafs reply for you. I assume you want TS to be controled by strike-team with the help of a 3rd party mods?

Peace

either that ^, or ST can get in partnership with that CnC community ive referred to (and EA sponsoring it), and have them completely run the TS server, and ST can redirect to that page like with renegade, that would be easier. Then you could let that community run CnC95, ra1 and TS, and ST could run Ra2 and Yuris, and they would both be partners and sponsored by EA.. why not?

They are literally keeping cnc and ra1 alive like ST is keeping ra2 alive. And more and more people are joining them by each day, and there are tons of cnc/ra1 games being played on their network/server everyday. By my knowledge you have barely anyone playing ra1 or cnc95 through the first decade/official route

#113 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:44 PM

if bttzg agrees to never come here and post again, or if he is permanently banned from s-t I will stay if not I'm gone forever that's all there will be to that...

I'm tired of having my name ruined by this idiot and strike-team allowing it

(I will be removing that image as it contains ips in the next 5 minutes)

Edited by chrismlawrence, 28 January 2011 - 11:46 PM.

#114 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13496 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:46 PM

then i shall PM him and he can either approach them and check up on them or i can possible have them approach olaf.

Is it some top secret site that you can't just mention? :p

BTW, who are you?

#115 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:50 PM

olaf when you decide to ban this guy, and get your **** together let me know...

until then I'm gone m8. wish you the best with s-t.

#116 Ra1supreme

Ra1supreme

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:51 PM

This is why i cant support you or recommend you for any position of authority in this community, you just make nonsense like this up,
it was you that added me to MSN and offered me a job on gamerwarzone, to which i responded with why would you offer me a job when you just banned me from the other site?
And that was it, I then expressed my confusion with the ridiculous idea of attempting to promote 2 sites, when promoting 1 was a major hurdle.

And Sean said it was you who banned me, he was the other admin at the time, I can only go by what he tells me.

See you cant have guys like this running the show man, hes too close to the edge, you need stable people running the show.
If he had admin powers right now, peoples accounts would be dust.

I see your point, and i totally agree with you..

but in chris defence, i think hes just passionate and **** about how things are going/working right now.
ALOT of people are **** of how things are being run in regards to TS, tons of people on the net, whether it be the cnc communities or youtube etc, people are unhappy, and they are primarily taking their anger out on EA.

Just like ra2 was rightly so handed to ST, TS should be handed to a person/community equivalent to Olaf and ST.. it will help keep a very big game like TS alive and many people would join/rejoin.

#117 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:32 AM

diego, first off, dont think what you've done and are trying to do hasn't been appreciated by members of the community. secondly, how bettzeug has been given any attention in this topic is ludicrious. olaf, is serial validation the only way someone appointed as mod can manage cheat reports and reset ranks/points/ban proven cheaters?
i understand the points of view and the reasoning behind them, as hefe is concerned with the population of ts being affected with validation being re-enabled because it's less of an incentive to come back and visit an old game out of nostalgia; not only this but anybody would probably be more inclined to try a game they havent played before if it's free. but im struggling with weighing that against allowing people to cheat (if this is the case) and give... GOOD players less of a reason to want to compete. im on ts because i enjoy challenging games vs skilled people. if hundreds of people swarmed back to ts tomorrow and the few players remaining that can make me actually TRY quit, i would leave as well.
if the dilemna is balancing a possible motivation for people to try/return to ts, vs helping the game feel any sort of competitiveness, i vote for the latter.

Edited by Orochi, 29 January 2011 - 04:37 AM.

#118 MaYwEaThErDaZ

MaYwEaThErDaZ

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • XWIS Name: gh

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:33 AM

@ra2supreme, can you PM the link for that site :)

#119 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:12 AM

diego, first off, dont think what you've done and are trying to do hasn't been appreciated by members of the community. secondly, how bettzeug has been given any attention in this topic is ludicrious. olaf, is serial validation the only way someone appointed as mod can manage cheat reports and reset ranks/points/ban proven cheaters?
i understand the points of view and the reasoning behind them, as hefe is concerned with the population of ts being affected with validation being re-enabled because it's less of an incentive to come back and visit an old game out of nostalgia; not only this but anybody would probably be more inclined to try a game they havent played before if it's free. but im struggling with weighing that against allowing people to cheat (if this is the case) and give... GOOD players less of a reason to want to compete. im on ts because i enjoy challenging games vs skilled people. if hundreds of people swarmed back to ts tomorrow and the few players remaining that can make me actually TRY quit, i would leave as well.
if the dilemna is balancing a possible motivation for people to try/return to ts, vs helping the game feel any sort of competitiveness, i vote for the latter.

I personally think competitiveness/som wat population of TS has declined due to the fact of major changes on ts. Any major change in a small community is like taking a hard jab. TS becoming freeware changed alot of things such as serial validation. Having the Control panel changed the way we make and do clans. Lots of confusion made people stay away from TS. Not to mention that we almost split the community with strike-team and cnc-evos server. Also when gamerwarzone shutdown, lots of old players who knew about gamerwarzone visited the site not knowign another forum exists. We had 3 seperate forums at 1 point. Than we had problems with the TS community vs Strike team admins which made them lose respect for us and likewise. All this happened within the past year i believe.

Ts still continues to hold itself! God bless us addicts

Now that everything has been adjusted and understood, i dotn see why we dont have competiveness as much as we did. I think we need incentives such as prizes for known players such as turnies we can setup. A active mod, doesnt matter if its a TS mod can easily reset rankings.

I just see having a mod will solve many problems! Serial validation will just be another JAB. Missing players, etc etc.

ps. I really appreciate everything strike-team has done to keep us alive! But i do miss westwood day. Battleclans.westwood.com/ts etc etc

Edited by hefeweize, 29 January 2011 - 05:20 AM.

#120 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:25 AM

what caused the decline of players on ts is a different topic, but cheating, or the allowance of it, by the absence of a mod or the mod being unable to ban was one of the biggest reasons people stopped playing, and why me and those that i play with stopped playing at full capacity in ladder games (which are the only times most of the stronger players exert effort anymore).
like i said, if strike team will appoint someone as moderator and has the ability to at least stop people like ra2dunno from giving themselves free wins and discouraging people to even attempt rank, i think this is a solution to both problems

however, the concern i have is....from past incidents it doesnt appear strike team are willing to give us anymore of the support we need

Edited by Orochi, 29 January 2011 - 05:27 AM.

#121 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:36 AM

what caused the decline of players on ts is a different topic, but cheating, or the allowance of it, by the absence of a mod or the mod being unable to ban was one of the biggest reasons people stopped playing, and why me and those that i play with stopped playing at full capacity in ladder games (which are the only times most of the stronger players exert effort anymore).
like i said, if strike team will appoint someone as moderator and has the ability to at least stop people like ra2dunno from giving themselves free wins and discouraging people to even attempt rank, i think this is a solution to both problems

however, the concern i have is....from past incidents it doesnt appear strike team are willing to give us anymore of the support we need

Decline of players is totally in topic as many people think validation will fix this. We dont allow cheating, this can easily be solved by reseting players nicks and avoiding them. Im sure if RA2 had no serial validation, they will make every attempt to stop cheating. They control the servers not EA. ST can make thier own rules as long as it doesnt break contract.

Somtimes i wish Olaf was a TS player lol

#122 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:44 AM

obviously the decline in general is, but i was speaking about what happened in the past, and those that have "survived" all of those changes are probably going to be in for the long haul, therefore the past isnt really relevent because there arent enough players that will be coming back for us to consider these changes in brainstorming a solution for the present. but boosting the quality of games will certainly affect it more than a small incentive for people who, most likely (let's be honest), will end up leaving after a few days or turning to visceroid maps.

Edited by Orochi, 29 January 2011 - 05:45 AM.

#123 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:27 AM

obviously the decline in general is, but i was speaking about what happened in the past, and those that have "survived" all of those changes are probably going to be in for the long haul, therefore the past isnt really relevent because there arent enough players that will be coming back for us to consider these changes in brainstorming a solution for the present. but boosting the quality of games will certainly affect it more than a small incentive for people who, most likely (let's be honest), will end up leaving after a few days or turning to visceroid maps.

Lets learn from past =). Yes some of us survived. But there is many that just returned for fun and didnt go tru the hassle of all the changes. TS needs a few more jabs to make me quit personally.

#124 silver23

silver23

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • XWIS Name: silver23

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:26 AM

TBH I see no difference in TS back when there was serial validation compared to the cheating today. The only difference I see today is a decline of TS players..lets be honest its hard to get a game as is especially with a different group of players..its always the same people day and night cheating or not. I think our best hope personally is the freeware and having its online capability. We desperatly need more players. But when we do get more new players..a majority of the 'experienced veteran players' treat them like trash and boot them out every game...or perhaps cheat the hell out of them. The majority of these veteran players needs to change their mindset and attitude on the new players if we want TS to have more population..otherwise they are going to just quit and say man this game sucks! When it comes down to this vote..I honestly think a lot of the younger community (kids) will have a hard time going through the whole serial validation process..hell I know when i was younger I had a hard time doing it also but luckily my bro helped me out, I never even knew a TS website like Strike Team existed until years down the road. It is a hard decision to make..but I CANdeal with the cheaters and avoid them including all their drama. That said I would have to vote no, for the sake of the population of TS.

I am also quite interested in this so called huge C&C oldschool community that Ra2 is speaking of. If what he claims is true then I think he has a damn good idea. ;)

Edited by silver23, 29 January 2011 - 07:27 AM.

#125 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13496 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

Now that everything has been adjusted and understood, i dotn see why we dont have competiveness as much as we did. I think we need incentives such as prizes for known players such as turnies we can setup. A active mod, doesnt matter if its a TS mod can easily reset rankings.

Why don't you read what I've written? I've explained multiple times why (non-free) serials are required.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users