4 replies to this topic

#1 bbg0wnzu

bbg0wnzu

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:12 PM

As staff here know, a hacker ran community TS site has been trying desperately to poach members from this site over the past few months, and have been blatant in breaching rules to do so, from personal messaging members on the forum to using lobby spam bots on the servers.

Well it now appears that they are using yet another desperate tactic,
"www.gamerwarzone.com", operated by "WhiteTib", has decided to close down and redirect their domain to the hacker ran TS community site that has popped up in the recent months.

The redirect has not occurred yet, so this may be valuable advance warning to staff here, because this site contains numerous links to www.gamerwarzone.com

Therefor i would strongly recommend staff consider doing a global removal or censoring of all links and references containing www.gamerwarzone.com on this site.

Otherwise this site will contain numerous links to the hacker ran site that are poaching members and also trying to setup a server.

Thanks, i will keep you updated as i get any new info.

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR STAFF ONLY, I DO NOT WANT FEEDBACK OR ARGUMENTS FROM NORMAL MEMBERS, SO PLEASE STAFF WARN ANY MEMBERS HERE THAT ATTEMPT TO POST IN THIS THREAD.

Edited by bbg0wnzu, 07 September 2010 - 06:28 PM.

#2 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:26 PM

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR STAFF ONLY, I DO NOT WANT FEEDBACK OR ARGUMENTS FROM NORMAL MEMBERS, SO PLEASE STAFF WARN ANY MEMBERS HERE THAT ATTEMPT TO POST IN THIS THREAD.

If that's the case add [FAO Admin] to the topic title or description.

#3 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:23 PM

As staff here know, a hacker ran community TS site has been trying desperately to poach members from this site over the past few months, and have been blatant in breaching rules to do so, from personal messaging members on the forum to using lobby spam bots on the servers.

Well it now appears that they are using yet another desperate tactic,
"www.gamerwarzone.com", operated by "WhiteTib", has decided to close down and redirect their domain to the hacker ran TS community site that has popped up in the recent months.

The redirect has not occurred yet, so this may be valuable advance warning to staff here, because this site contains numerous links to www.gamerwarzone.com

Therefor i would strongly recommend staff consider doing a global removal or censoring of all links and references containing www.gamerwarzone.com on this site.

Otherwise this site will contain numerous links to the hacker ran site that are poaching members and also trying to setup a server.

Thanks, i will keep you updated as i get any new info.

You are uninformed yet again.... let me educate you, so that you don't go making yourself look the fool.

I am not running GWZ... I haven't been for ages.

Don't believe me ? Ask Petter, or Sean.

Oh, and As for "I DO NOT WANT FEEDBACK OR ARGUMENTS FROM NORMAL MEMBERS", you're making an accusation about me, and I feel I should have a right to respond.

Security threat ? Bettz, it's a game... how the heck can there be a security threat ?

So don't go bringing me into your petty little war, with the TS community, it's so boring now.
You still haven't posted proof from the last time you made a wild accusation, and as far as "this site contains numerous links to (site url deliberately not inserted to ensure he can't accuse me of anything...)" puhlease.... Your post contains more links to GWZ than this site does.

Yes, GWZ is being rehosted (no, I'm not advertising it, just responding to your thread, and if anyone looked, they would know anyway, since I made an announcement on the front page) ... no, I'm not decided on whether I am staying with the TS community at all, let alone with GWZ... because let's face it... GWZ has had 2 posts in the last 14 days... and I personally see no reason to carry it on... it needs someone who loves TS AND can put up with you... And I'm sorry, but I have had enough of you constantly making threats, and acccusations, and NEVER backing anything up with proof.

PS.. you are STLL breaking the rules, by posting on this site Chris, becuase you are not allowed more than 1 user account name.

PPS... you may also note that I thanked everyone for their support, but deliberately left out 2 thankyous, 1 to you for wrecking the game, and 1 to EA, for not supporting it the way that others have.

Thanks (in advance) for ignoring my post and posting more inane drivel in the future, I look forward to it, it's very entertaining, and quite frankly... it's nice that you care for the community, but perhaps if you did something positive, you'd have a better reputation, and people MIGHT actually listen to you, instead of poking fun at you.

There, I've said my piece... and provided you with what you need to know.... I am finished with this trash-thread.

Oh, and Bettz, thanks for the free advertising... you get a warning, GWZ gets free advertising, and I get naff all, since I am not breaking any rules.

Edited by WhiteTib, 07 September 2010 - 09:30 PM.

#4 pan

pan

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:19 PM

Security threat ? Bettz, it's a game... how the heck can there be a security threat ?

I hope that you don't host servers or administrate any kind of databases. Really.

#5 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:30 PM

I hope that you don't host servers or administrate any kind of databases. Really.

nope, not got a clue about servers, or anything computerified. :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users