#1 bbg0wnzu

bbg0wnzu

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:24 PM

Note to TS players,
you need to be aware of a rouge site that is attempting to operate a server and pretending to be a TS community site,
the guy running the site was part of apax-team, a known hacking network of cnc games,
he used to flood WOL lobbys with bots using illegally harvested serials, as well as hiding trojans in 3rd party software releases for TS.

He has managed to hire and convince a few known detractors of the TS community to represent him and his project, who have been personal messaging members here, and also on the XWIS servers, so if you receive a message requesting you join another site or server, please ensure for your own safety and privacy that you do not join them, and you only play on the official XWIS servers.

Do not download and install anything that isnt official from strike team,
do not edit your hosts file,
do not download 3rd party programs
do no trust anyone that tells you otherwise, they simply may not even know themselves whats really going on.
Do not take the risk.

PLAY ONLY ON THE OFFICIAL SERVERS - AND BRING YOUR SUPPORT QUESTIONS HERE - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

#2 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:50 PM

Note to TS players,
you need to be aware of a rouge site that is attempting to operate a server and pretending to be a TS community site,
the guy running the site was part of apax-team, a known hacking network of cnc games,
he used to flood WOL lobbys with bots using illegally harvested serials, as well as hiding trojans in 3rd party software releases for TS.

He has managed to hire and convince a few known detractors of the TS community to represent him and his project, who have been personal messaging members here, and also on the XWIS servers, so if you receive a message requesting you join another site or server, please ensure for your own safety and privacy that you do not join them, and you only play on the official XWIS servers.

Do not download and install anything that isnt official from strike team,
do not edit your hosts file,
do not download 3rd party programs
do no trust anyone that tells you otherwise, they simply may not even know themselves whats really going on.
Do not take the risk.

PLAY ONLY ON THE OFFICIAL SERVERS - AND BRING YOUR SUPPORT QUESTIONS HERE - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

I can only confirm that he knows / knew the people from Apax Team and claims to be against their types of practices, but cannot confirm anything else, hence the reason I have not endorsed, or advertised this particular 3rd party server.

If you have any proof, now would be a good time to show it.

Edited by WhiteTib, 04 September 2010 - 08:51 PM.

#3 Spo0kyCoW

Spo0kyCoW

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:54 AM

So this is bettz posting this?

That makes perfect sense since he was pwned with factual replies and must feel left out since it kills bettz that he is not accepted anywhere in the Tib Sun community and contributes nothing at all.

Didn't this guy say he was leaving?

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/164366-goodbye-forever/

I really feel bad for him. Since his cheating days were exposed and no one plays with him anymore, all he has left is spreading lies and rumors with forum posts for attention.

He needs a girlfriend, but from the looks of him in that video, this may never happen, so I guess we are stuck with trash like this always trolling around.

Edited by Spo0kyCoW, 05 September 2010 - 05:58 AM.

#4 bbg0wnzu

bbg0wnzu

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:00 PM

I would suggest staff remove the link in post 3, its yet another poor attempt at advertising their rouge site here.

#5 Ra2ownzu

Ra2ownzu

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

Could someone tell me what a 'rouge' site is?

Personally I suggest ST delete this entire thread.

#6 bbg0wnzu

bbg0wnzu

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:32 PM

The above poster is likely mole, who was suspended recently for personal messaging members here and telling them to go to this hacker ran server, where he works as a staff member.

Sadly, as with most others on that site, i dont think he has the foggiest idea about the site/server owners history or real motives are, and has probably been taken advantage of and exploited by the main guy to help further their cause.

Id suggest a perma ban, because as long as he is a member here, he will be personal messaging players and informing them of this rogue site.

Edited by bbg0wnzu, 05 September 2010 - 06:34 PM.

#7 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:40 PM

I would suggest staff remove the link in post 3, its yet another poor attempt at advertising their rouge site here.

Press the report button, and let the moderators do their job, it saves us having to read your spam, and gets the job done properly.

Some people don't like this new unsupported server, and that's understandable since it's not officially supported by Electronic Arts, however, it's still unfair that anyone should have accusations thrown at them without any proof, and makes you look like an idiot too.
Rouge is french for red.... and you still haven't posted proof.

My suggestion: post proof, or just play on official servers, your choice... TS has been around long enough for people to know what's good, and what's bad.

#8 bbg0wnzu

bbg0wnzu

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:18 PM

Press the report button, and let the moderators do their job, it saves us having to read your spam, and gets the job done properly.

Some people don't like this new unsupported server, and that's understandable since it's not officially supported by Electronic Arts, however, it's still unfair that anyone should have accusations thrown at them without any proof, and makes you look like an idiot too.
Rouge is french for red.... and you still haven't posted proof.

My suggestion: post proof, or just play on official servers, your choice... TS has been around long enough for people to know what's good, and what's bad.

staff removed the post in question very swiftly, so there is no problem now,
the word rouge should have been rogue, as in dishonest, crook, criminal etc etc.

if you want proof, start an investigation, i know what i know and am just warning new members or those unsuspecting of the dangers they face by venturing beyond the officially supported servers and sites.
you can ignore my warning if you want, but do so at your own peril

#9 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:33 PM

staff removed the post in question very swiftly, so there is no problem now,
the word rouge should have been rogue, as in dishonest, crook, criminal etc etc.

if you want proof, start an investigation, i know what i know and am just warning new members or those unsuspecting of the dangers they face by venturing beyond the officially supported servers and sites.
you can ignore my warning if you want, but do so at your own peril

If I suspected anything, I would start an investigation, you know I would, because I have done it before, and even shutdown several illegal projects.

I don't side with anyone, so don't think I am sticking up for them, you made the allegations, without proof, they won't stick.... oh, and FYI, I have spoken to the creator at length about various things including his "relationship" with Apax Team, deluged him with annoying questions, and explained to him why I don't help with it, and I can only tell you this.

He has released everything I have asked him to as open source, and I see no problems with it. On a moral compass the only thing I have a problem with is the fact that there is already a TS server, and that the ST server is officially sanctioned by EA.

There's nothing else I can really say about it.... and you know I would if I could.... so post your proof.

Edited by WhiteTib, 05 September 2010 - 09:33 PM.

#10 bbg0wnzu

bbg0wnzu

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:39 PM

This is NOT a debate, if you want proof, click here.

Edited by bbg0wnzu, 05 September 2010 - 11:41 PM.

#11 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:56 PM

Get your own proof, instead of providing a crappy link for a PI.... honestly, making accusations, and now making yourself look a complete moron.

Edited by WhiteTib, 05 September 2010 - 11:56 PM.

#12 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • XWIS Name: ray

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:13 PM

I don't understand why my post was deleted and this thread is still here.

Isen't this thread, in a way, advertising for this "rogue" site, weather it be for good or bad publicity? I smell hypocrisy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users