Photo

@ WhiteTib/TS com. Put forward your moderator choices..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:07 PM

@ WhiteTib/TS com. Put forward your moderator choices.. Better now then never.

#2 nitemarez

nitemarez

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

as you can see, everyone likes complaining, few like doing work.

i voted ray (suprchrgd)

#3 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:26 PM

Pleas give the TS community 3 days to submit these name, we are awaiting results from a poll posted here.

Thankyou for your patience.

edit:
PS.. sorry it took time to reply, I have been away at a meeting for the last 4 hours.

Edited by WhiteTib, 13 July 2010 - 09:27 PM.

#4 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:30 PM

whitetib

#5 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:44 PM

Ray (suprchrgd)

#6 machineax

machineax

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:30 PM

riz laid out the criteria very clearly,
so why do people insist on submitting players that obviously arent eligible?

ray - not eligible,
(history of cheating and falsifying screenshots)

whitetib, not eligible,
(history of cheating, producing and distributing trainers, as well as being suspended twice by staff on this site in recent months and also having a conflict of interests by running another forum, not to mention trying to sneak a perma banned cheater into a position of staff on this site, his trolling and complete lack of knowledge of the game and its exploits,
he also even posted a video recently in which he simulates hacking the XWIS databases, parody or not, its in insight into his persona and agenda)

i understand people would like to have their "buddies" in a position of power here, probably because of the certain amount of immunity and control they assume would come along with that,
but you have to remember that rules are rules,
and if someone doesnt meet the rules, they simply arent eligble, no matter how popular they are,
so dont bother wasting everyones time submitting their names,

i dont make the rules, and if i agree with them or not, is irrelevant,
but if you dont like them,
go whine about to it ST, not me, im just following the rules as laid out by riz

personally, i would suggest chrismlawrence, although it seems he is now occupied with other goals related to TS,
there isnt anyone else that i would recommend or think would be suitable for the position,
and thats just the harsh reality of our current situation with the dreadful characters that make up the TS community

also, i no longer play this game, so whatever the outcome is, doesnt affect me, but for the benefit of the future of the game, im offering my very experienced opinion here,

Edited by machineax, 15 July 2010 - 04:37 PM.

#7 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • XWIS Name: ray

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:28 PM

Stop derailing our threads of progess Skeleton Nod. Your opinion here is as lowly as Rob Blagojovich's in the senate. Aka very low.

I would nominate the following - mole2k, whitetib, hefeweize, chrislawrence.

They all possess positive attitudes and can moderate TS in the right direction.

Edited by phatmouse, 15 July 2010 - 08:30 PM.

#8 machineax

machineax

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:10 PM

I would nominate the following - mole2k, whitetib, hefeweize, chrislawrence.

Just try to focus on finding people that are actually eligible.

Mole - good choice character wise, but i have doubts about his activity and knowledge of exploits.

Whitetib - not eligible, as explained above.

Hefeweize - not eligible, he is perma banned from xwis and has been ban dodging now for several years,

chrismlawrence - good choice,

again, i dont make the rules, if you have a problem with them, i suggest appealing against them to strike team directly,

#9 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:19 PM

The people already mentioned are already eligble and willing to help. end of story. the only cheater here is you skeleton nod.

Stop trying to prevent any progress please.

#10 machineax

machineax

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:38 PM

The people already mentioned are already eligble and willing to help. end of story. the only cheater here is you skeleton nod.

Stop trying to prevent any progress please.

No they arent, only mole and chrismlawrence are eligible so far, and im not skeleton nod.

#11 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

Just try to focus on finding people that are actually eligible.

Mole - good choice character wise, but i have doubts about his activity and knowledge of exploits.

Whitetib - not eligible, as explained above.

Hefeweize - not eligible, he is perma banned from xwis and has been ban dodging now for several years,

chrismlawrence - good choice,

again, i dont make the rules, if you have a problem with them, i suggest appealing against them to strike team directly,

I heard skeleton nod is a predator . Stop derailing topics. YOu have a multiple personaltity disorder. Either way, as soon as any1 becomes a mod u will be rebanned

Edited by hefeweize, 15 July 2010 - 09:54 PM.

#12 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:31 PM

Bettz...

You are a proven cheater, troll, and even planned your little dramas with some flavour (expecially that nice touch with casey nunez.... did you see that video I posted ?)... but all in all, and after everything... the biggest thing I can say to you after the 10 years of **** you have thrown at me, TS and it's community... is simply this.

I forgive you

PS.
Just in case you're unsure... after all, you've been away for a while... here's a small reminder of the rules.

1 login, and 1 account per person.

#13 machineax

machineax

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:50 PM

stay on topic guys?

im not skeleton nod, or betts

so far we have chrismlawrence and mole as possible candidates.

#14 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:53 PM

stay on topic guys?

im not skeleton nod, or betts

so far we have chrismlawrence and mole as possible candidates.

We already established that we are making the descision on the new moderator based as a community. Your opinion at the moment is really not needed.

Btzg/Skelton Nod/GuestAccount. Please stop your predatory actions and leave. I knew you coudlnt resit the urge. LOL, what a joke u are.!

Lets stay on Topic.

My three is

RAY
WT
DIEGO (if he is still interested)

PS. Your predatory actions to other members on tiberian sun revealing their information you found online/stalking is no excuse and is not tolerated. This can be held in contempt in a court and legal action can be taken. Please refraid from abusing other members and harrassment or i personally will take this matter into my own hands. ST admins: if you need further information on this please pm me. Im sure mmebers of this forum can step up and explain what he has been doing.

Edited by hefeweize, 15 July 2010 - 11:57 PM.

#15 Knit

Knit

Former Strike Team Analyser/Admin

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3712 posts
  • XWIS Name: Knit

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:08 AM

riz laid out the criteria very clearly,
so why do people insist on submitting players that obviously arent eligible?

also, i no longer play this game, so whatever the outcome is, doesnt affect me, but for the benefit of the future of the game, im offering my very experienced opinion here,

It isn't up to you to disqualify the names put forward here in this topic. Please cease. The guidelines have been given, as you say, and we are ultimately hopeful of their acknowledgement.

So if the next post is not a list of the three names that the Tiberian Sun community have selected collectively as their desired representatives then I will be kicking a few people in the nuts! Obviously don't rush too hard, but don't stall for too long. Thank you. :)

#16 machineax

machineax

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:14 AM

It isn't up to you to disqualify the names put forward here in this topic. Please cease. The guidelines have been given, as you say, and we are ultimately hopeful of their acknowledgement.

So if the next post is not a list of the three names that the Tiberian Sun community have selected collectively as their desired representatives then I will be kicking a few people in the nuts! Obviously don't rush too hard, but don't stall for too long. Thank you. :)

But there is no spoksperson for the TS community, we have no leader, so how do you expect to have a collective agreement on 3 potential candidates?
The community is totally split and divided into little tribes, so requesting a collective agreement is simply unrealistic.

Also I see no issue in highlighting that certain suggested players do not meet the criteria that's been laid out for us,
im not personally disqualifying anyone, i am just using the criteria thats been laid out for us to follow, and making people aware that their votes are obsolete, and why.
I can substantiate everything ive said in this thread if need be, so i really see no issue with what i've posted here.
Again, its not me disqualifying anyone, its your criteria that's doing that.

And I do find it odd,
that with all the off topic, infraction worthy posts made by other users in this thread, you choose mine to focus on,
when if anything mine is the most beneficial for reaching a conclusion to this threads purpose.
(to find 3 potential candidates for a ST staff position here)

Would you prefer it if everyone submitted the names of 3 players that arent eligible? (based on the criteria)

To me that seems ridiculous, and a complete waste of time that will get us nowhere.

I shall not cease, i shall not be silenced, because ive done absolutely nothing wrong.

In fact, my contributions here have narrowed it down to 2 people so far, that seem popular and are eligible,
mole and chrismlawrence.

Edited by machineax, 16 July 2010 - 01:15 AM.

#17 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:54 AM

Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. Obviously strike-team has the last say on who becomes the mod here. im sure they need to hear from the whole ts community who they think will best suit/represent tiberian sun. IF they choose som1 random, they would end up hearing from us how the choice was bad.. haha.

#18 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:57 AM

well said aur,

in my opinion, it doesn't really matter who is elected aslong as we have someone to help move the ball along forward. honestly i recognize that is is just a game and that its old and that there are only a handful of members that remember the "good ole days" but it would still help the TS community as a whole to have someone represent them here on the official forums.

I don't really know whyskeleton nod/ aka machineax/aka bettzeug would argue against this any further.

Edited by phatmouse, 16 July 2010 - 05:58 AM.

#19 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:11 AM

But there is no spoksperson for the TS community, we have no leader, so how do you expect to have a collective agreement on 3 potential candidates?

In my opinion, 4 people qualify for spokesperson in the community, based on their experience, and time spent running forums holding the community together.
stefor, destroy3r, myself, and ruud.

Since none of them have come forward, I have, to arrange these names of candidates as requested.

Also I see no issue in highlighting that certain suggested players do not meet the criteria that's been laid out for us,

Thats all well and good, but do yourself a favour, keep your comments until the names have been submitted, and make sure you have evidence proving your comments.
For example... the fact that a cheater sent a proven fake cheat report about me, and the fact that he has harrassed me for years, and the fact that someone has set up a website with cheats on it... does not make me (a player with 10+years of non-cheating on TS) a cheater... and uneligable for this position. My manner of dealing with said person probably does make me ineligable for the position, but not these fake cheat reports... so please get your facts right.

i am just using the criteria thats been laid out for us to follow

Then you need to re-read rizs post... nuff said.

You are a poster with 6 posts, and yet you know )or think you know) everything about this community.... hence the reason why no-one believes you are not Bettzeug.
Also be aware, that we gave everyone more than enough time to submit names, object to candidates, and other stuff in several threads before this one, and yet you choose to argue in this thread.
At the end of the day... it's NOT up to us... it's up to ST who they want.

Suggestion :
Please, stop arguing, and just post 3 names.... thankyou.

@ Staff of ST.
I will be collecting the results of the written poll today, and posting them here for candidate selection.... thankyou for your patience. :)

Edited by WhiteTib, 16 July 2010 - 08:13 AM.

#20 machineax

machineax

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:12 PM

In my opinion, 4 people qualify for spokesperson in the community, based on their experience, and time spent running forums holding the community together.
stefor, destroy3r, myself, and ruud.

The key part of that sentence is "in my opinion".
Whitetib sir, your opinion is no more valid than anyone else's, and nobody has the right to self elect themselves into a position of spokesperson for the community.

There are so few of us left we dont need a spokesperson, we can quite easily express ourselves as individuals and all be heard.

And you made a topic a few days ago here suggesting that your forum only had 10 posts in a whole week,
and that another new forum has sprouted up, which now makes 3 forums for TS,
is that your idea of "keeping a community together?" because i would suggest whats happening is the polar opposite of keeping a community together.
The community is splitting off into all different directions and groups, its totally lost, it has no direction, you have not kept anything together.
So even your justification for self electing yourself as a spokesperson doesnt hold true.

Since none of them have come forward, I have, to arrange these names of candidates as requested.

Again, you do not represent of speak for the community, its not for you to submit 3 names, its for the community to find 3 willing and eligible people and then let strike team make the final selection.
The reason why i emphasize ELIGIBLE, is because riz was quite clear when he told us to submit 3 names, that they would need to meet the criteria he laid out.
To what purpose is there submitting names of people that ultimately aren't eligible for the position?

Thats all well and good, but do yourself a favour, keep your comments until the names have been submitted, and make sure you have evidence proving your comments.

Names have been submitted, and you have no authority to tell me when to comment on this site.
Evidence is abundant, and available upon request.

For example... the fact that a cheater sent a proven fake cheat report about me, and the fact that he has harrassed me for years, and the fact that someone has set up a website with cheats on it... does not make me (a player with 10+years of non-cheating on TS) a cheater... and uneligable for this position. My manner of dealing with said person probably does make me ineligable for the position, but not these fake cheat reports... so please get your facts right.

This is off topic, and doesnt warrant a response.

Then you need to re-read rizs post... nuff said.

Riz was quite explicit in saying that the candidates must have no history of cheating, so im just trying to get it through to people, that submitting names of players that have been proven to cheat is a complete waste of our time, and it wont help us reach our goal.

You are a poster with 6 posts, and yet you know )or think you know) everything about this community.... hence the reason why no-one believes you are not Bettzeug.

I have played this game on and off for many years, i don't care what people believe.
Everyone on earth used to believe the earth was flat, but that didnt make it true.

Also be aware, that we gave everyone more than enough time to submit names, object to candidates, and other stuff in several threads before this one, and yet you choose to argue in this thread.

Who is "we" ? and please define "more than enough time",
Also, im not "arguing", if anything i think my posts in this thread have been the most sensible and polite thus far, im just stating facts and using basic logic to help us reach our goal sooner.

Honestly, I really dont know how much simpler i can put this, but i'll try and use a quick example.

This position is one of rule enforcement,
just like a police officer enforces the law of his land,.
Now imagine a police force, asking a local community to help them find a new policeman for their community,
and then the community came back with candidates like, "Bobby the burglar"
"Tommy the crack head" or "johnny the paedophile"
Would any of them get the job?
No of course they wouldn't, and to top if off, the police chief would think the community were a bunch of idiots, and probably choose not to listen to or respect anything they say ever again.

And, let me assure you, i'm no idiot, and i do know how to follow a basic criteria, even if everyone else doesn't,
so far we have narrowed it down to 2 eligible candidates, that actually could do a decent job, and there has been no resistance to these candidates from anyone thus far, so try focusing on that, rather than dwelling on the negative.

Suggestion :
Please, stop arguing, and just post 3 names.... thankyou.

To me this is a discussion, others in this thread have attempted to turn this into a argument, but i brushed their comments off and always kept it on topic, i suggest you also do the same and focus on finding eligible candidates.

@ Staff of ST.
I will be collecting the results of the written poll today, and posting them here for candidate selection.... thankyou for your patience. :)

You have no authority to submit polls here that pretend to represent the TS community.
I have not taken part in any poll, I have not been asked to, and I have not seen it advertised, so i would call into question the validity of such a poll.

But regardless of that, if you have names of people that are eligible, please submit them.

So far, we have mole, and chrismlawrence.

Edited by machineax, 16 July 2010 - 01:28 PM.

#21 ray101284

ray101284

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:35 PM

I still think WhiteTib should be eligible for the job, regardless of his "history" which I believe is quite clean considering he rarely plays the game.
So we have:

Whitetib - like a painter, he just needs a bigger canvas to work on

mole2k - not sure if he is willing to do this still

chrismlawrence - same as the above

Other potential candidates:
urab1tch
stefor (who is back btw)
Orochi

#22 machineax

machineax

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:21 PM

Other potential candidates:
urab1tch
stefor (who is back btw)
Orochi

My opinions on those suggestions:

urab
very good candidate, mature, sensible, very knowledgeable and experienced, only question mark is his willingness to do this,

"stefor",
i think is an imposter, at least the one i ran into was, as his IP resolved to Canada, the real stefor was from the netherlands, unless he emigrated, which lets face it, is very unlikely, far more probable its someone just pretending to be him

Orochi,
has proven he has difficulty remaining impartial,
Kapa was proven to be blatantly building anywhere recently, kapa himself even admitted too,
but Orochi being his clan mate refused to convict him and instead make up excuses for him in order to not convict him.
Also, ive found him to have dramatic mood swings and be quite emotional and immature.

Edited by machineax, 16 July 2010 - 03:22 PM.

#23 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:17 PM

your skewed views are in no way going to impact the electing of nominees for mods bettzeug (machineax poser).

i have little interest in becoming the mod and dedicating my time to a server that has proven several times in the past that it cant consistantly support the few components that will keep this game fun for the majority of fair players for however long it stays running.

my vote would be for:
- stefor if he has interest in such a position,
-dan3157(if he is active),
-whitetib(who has years of experience and knows a great amount of ts and its history),
-ray (knows the game better than 90% of the ts population),
-diego(if he is interested, who has been clearheaded in all his decisions that ive witnessed since he's started to take the lifespan of the game more seriously),
-aur( ability to analyze situations from any angle presented without bias and has been playing for longer than nearly everyone left, however i think he might have trouble making important decisions)

Edited by Orochi, 16 July 2010 - 05:18 PM.

#24 machineax

machineax

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

i have little interest in becoming the mod and dedicating my time to a server that has proven several times in the past that it cant consistantly support the few components that will keep this game fun for the majority of fair players for however long it stays running.

OK, so we can scratch Orochi off the list,

which leaves us with3 candidates,
Mole, urab and chrismlawrence.

#25 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

OK, so we can scratch Orochi off the list,

which leaves us with3 candidates,
Mole, urab and chrismlawrence.

Good start, but the list is still rough, mainly because I'm not sure if urab or chris are still interested in the position, which would leave us down too one, Mole2k. If we are going to have an election, i think it would be a lot easier for us to pool together a list of everyone interested in being TS mod , so that we can all vote on it together .
Please take the time now to put your name forth if you are interested in running for this position.

1. Phatmouse - i have time on my hands and a willing desire to help this game.

Edited by phatmouse, 16 July 2010 - 07:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users