9 replies to this topic

#1 ThePopeOfTS

ThePopeOfTS

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

as the title says, considering my post in the other topic 'clan manager status' was ignored, im making a new topic asking,

can we not have the serial validation removed?

the only thing left on ts is clans seeing as we are not supported like other xwis games.

having a serial validation may seem to give you more control olaf, and whoever else wants to mod the game, but the fact is we are pretty much stuck now not being able to make and create clans.

for different reasons people dont have serials, primarly since ts was made a free download.

i suggest leaving the ts clan manager as it was before hand, at least give us that much...

#2 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:53 PM

as the title says, considering my post in the other topic 'clan manager status' was ignored, im making a new topic asking,

can we not have the serial validation removed?

the only thing left on ts is clans seeing as we are not supported like other xwis games.

having a serial validation may seem to give you more control olaf, and whoever else wants to mod the game, but the fact is we are pretty much stuck now not being able to make and create clans.

for different reasons people dont have serials, primarly since ts was made a free download.

i suggest leaving the ts clan manager as it was before hand, at least give us that much...

I don't fully understand this.

I see several posts relating to this "TS clan manager" in the Control Panel....

But... (as previously discussed) people can't get into the Control Panel for TS, because it's NOT for TS... it's for RA2.

So.. how exactly do some people seem to be able to have access, when it clearly doesn't work ?

#3 ThePopeOfTS

ThePopeOfTS

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

the control panel is for xwis, if you goto the ladder screen. Click tiberian sun so you are looking at the tibsun ladders, then click control panel in top right of the screen. The actual control panel is universal, but will depend on what serial you enter, ra2/yr/ts. giving u control of previous logs on that serial for the game the serial belongs to.

entering a ts serial is the only way for someone to control a clan.

you cannot keep control of clans made whilst serial vaidation was down because logs and clans were not attached to serials during this time.

you cannot even manage an old clan if you dont have the serial for it

#4 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts
  • XWIS Name: sean3z

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

you cannot keep control of clans made whilst serial vaidation was down because logs and clans were not attached to serials during this time.

well this seems like a silly way of doing things. maybe we're missing something - mods please advise.

#5 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

Yes, that can be done.

#6 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:16 PM

Yes, that can be done.

Is there a way to provide a serial to someone who downloaded Tiberian sun for free and use some type of program to input the serial into the game so every login you make will be attached to the serial?
This being said is the free version doesnt require a serial and doesnt store logins to a serial.

We can have anyone who downloaded the free version have it mandatory to register in strike-team and issued (1) single serial key for tiberian sun. Im sure there will be multiple accounts for multiple serials, but that can be rectified.

#7 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:23 PM

It seems way easier to extend the CP Create Nick function to TS.

#8 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

It seems way easier to extend the CP Create Nick function to TS.

If thats possible, awesome. Also what are you thinking about the CP? Will we still require serials? Or will you issue one to registered uses (i know its alot of work, but our trusty ts mod in the near future can do this )

#9 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:35 AM

If thats possible, awesome. Also what are you thinking about the CP? Will we still require serials?

Probably not.

#10 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:13 PM

So whats the verdict, will ts have require no serials for the cp? Thus enabling clan play/management?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users