5 replies to this topic

#1 JustWannaPlay

JustWannaPlay

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:52 PM

HELP!!! I recently purchased C&C TFD and it won't run with my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I have exhausted my limited computer skills trying to fix it to no avail. I have tried running as administrator in XP service pack 2 and 3 compatability, manually un-installing and manually installing, even tried to run it through the main administrator account. I tried the options.ini file, but I am not sure i did it correctly because it didnt work either. I originally would receive a game.dat error, now i get a technical difficulties message saying a serious error has occurred and refers to my operating system failure. I have no clue what to try now, so if there is anyone who may be able to help it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

#2 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

Hi, sorry your exp. problems. Can you take a screenshot of the error?

#3 JustWannaPlay

JustWannaPlay

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:04 PM

OK. Explain this to me: I just tried to load the game to get the error message and the game actually loaded!!! I exited twice and it still lets me play now. This was the first time i tried to boot it in my normal user account after trying the admin account. What did I do and why does it work now??? LOL

#4 JustWannaPlay

JustWannaPlay

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:05 PM

I also didnt end any processes in the task manager. Could that have been it?

#5 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:16 PM

OK. Explain this to me: I just tried to load the game to get the error message and the game actually loaded!!! I exited twice and it still lets me play now. This was the first time i tried to boot it in my normal user account after trying the admin account. What did I do and why does it work now??? LOL

Prob a nice restart fixed the issue after those random fixes you did.

Enjoy the game.

I also invite you to come play Tiberian Sun! Its fTw!

#6 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:00 PM

Thanks for letting us know
Problem resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users