10 replies to this topic

#1 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:11 PM

Personally, after all the emails, discussions, threads, arguments, flames, rants, etc. I've come to a conclusion.

I think, rather know, we need an admin to organize and moderate the TS forum itself, and a TS moderator completely dedicated to the creation of tournaments, cheat sectioning, and HoF/HoS'ing.

Ray has already asked and made a topic to be the moderator required for the latter.

As per Neogrant and Olaf's request, I'll make a final thread dictating our consensus as a community for this. Let's oblige to their recommendations and see if anything gets done.

If anyone else would like to moderate feel free to post up an application, I've already vocalized my agreeance in Ray becoming our Tournament Host and Cheat Mod (I don't care if Bil stays, but clearly nothing is getting done as is). I know Orochi (c0rpsmakr) is making efforts as well on GWZ.

I think we also need some organization and sectioning of the TS forum, and a legitimate movement with ST rather then against.

Anyone who would like to become a part of that and be a TS Forum Admin or Mod or whatever they suggest, I would suggest vocalizing as well.

I believe mutliple topics have been made in the past that have stated a couple names that people can agree upon which are myself and AuR (jZampageX and Hefeweize). Personally I would like to see one of us do it, because I know either of us is capable, but that's not to say no one else can't either. ST is looking for names and people they can entrust in the position, and I'm assume my rantings gone public lately have made them a bit edgy about me, so be my guest.

The fact is: I think we can all agree ST has done minimally in servicing the TS community. We've mentioned here, on GWZ, and CNCLounge that we all would like to see one of us take head of the TS community for the TS community because simply, no one can do it for us - there is no one like us and no one can speak for us.

Please also feel free to motion any ideas or recommendations for some of the TS forum as well. This is kind of a last stitch effort to see what can be done collectively for the longevity of the game we all have a passion for.

Some ideas I'd like to throw out:

- Organization (Sectioning of the forums, be it what you what)
- A dedicated download section, whether it be the 8 player patch, an upcoming patch for the entire game to rid it of cheating (hypercc is more then capable), or mod packs for all that matters
- A blacklist section as well as IP list with 111.111.xxx.xxx to conserve some anonymity but also enough information to know who someone is, the "Who Is Thread" on ST now is RA2/YR dedicated, and 1000 pages long, literally...
- An active tournaments section including 1v1's, 2v2's, clans, etc.
- A clan section eventually if activity spikes
- An active HoF/HoS list containing people and their alts for obvious purposes

I'll add more as I think of it. Sadly, this has been said plenty of times, but per request like mentioned before, lets see if we do it again and something actually occurs.

Mention any names you deem appropriate for any position here - whether it be mentioned above or your own ideas, as well as anything you would like to see done for TS - whether it be some patching or some glitch fixing, we know the people capable of fixing it, it's a matter of whether ST can implement the server patch necessary to take effect. These are the things that need to be done, rather then work against one another like we typically do, lets try to work together, for once.

Please - feel free to add any input.

#2 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

I vote Ray as moderator.

I vote either Whitetib or Jzampage as Admin. Whoever can put effort and dedicated time. I won't be able to commit my time as much as som1 else can, so it would only be fair to count me out of being either admin/mod. I'd love to be a dedicated TS member of the society w/o hate!

If the Admins or Moderators keep up with HOF's, i will love ts even more as that keeps the records so nostalgic as we havnt been updated for months/years.

Whoever becomes the admin/mod, prepare for a strong role cause it won't be easy to satisfy everyone! You will have haters and friends (its obvious from what i seen)

We need a clean forum that can represent a good 1st and welcoming impression to new ts members.

If plan A doesn't work

than

Plan B is below

we can affiiate gamerwarzone with strike-team like renegade does and appoint respected members as admin/mods such as jz. 1 Direct link is all it takes. The only flaw is, we wont have our HOF's updated unless they give us some type of power there. etc etc.

Edited by hefeweize, 29 April 2010 - 10:14 PM.

#3 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:41 PM

Thanks for the input AuR, Plan B is looking more and more like Plan A but hopefully with this, and maybe a combined effort from everyone - we can give one more effort :)

HoF records should be updated, Dan3157 would be a good resource for a lot of that, and then kept up to date - a lot of that stuff is great fun, and old TS is something we all wish we could have back :*(

#4 Kaamora

Kaamora

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:54 PM

honestly i think dan would be the best choice for a mod/admin and has far better knowlege of ts's history and the players. im c0rpsmakr since my Orochi log was banned or something and i cant get on it

#5 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:09 PM

Deja vu ....

#6 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:48 PM

Dan isn't a bad choice - my only issue is his level of activity is like an EKG of a heartbeat, on a lot then off for a long time. Does Dan even play TS anymore? (Not finecjgar, obviously)

[I know finecjgar still plays, I mean Dan3157 lol]

#7 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:45 AM

No offence, but having Rampage/WT as admins would only perpetuate the problems this community already suffers from. I'm personally very glad Ray has decided to come out for taking a more active role in the community. He's one of the very few people on here that can be trusted with the responsibility.

#8 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:21 PM

No offence, but having Rampage/WT as admins would only perpetuate the problems this community already suffers from. I'm personally very glad Ray has decided to come out for taking a more active role in the community. He's one of the very few people on here that can be trusted with the responsibility.

None taken.. I dont want to be TS mod on ST... and you're right... the problems that Bettzeug has brought to the game, whenever I have had a responsible position on a website, have only served to cause animosity in the TS community, when he directs all his **** towards me... so, it would be unfair to the community that I "stand for office", which is why I haven't put myself forward.

#9 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:28 PM

Lets try not to have 1 SINGLE member (life couch,btzg) mess up our community or be a reason to make comments above.

#10 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

I don't care nor wish to be a TS admin right now, nor want anything to do affiliation wise with ST. I'm not here for power, I was here for making our game into something that it hasn't been for a long time with ST's help, and clearly that has not been done, and will not by the looks of it. I wouldn't have minded it at first, but anymore, I CBA'd with the troubles of dealing with this on a day to day basis. Ray is a great candidate for being a TS mod, he would do better then anyone IMO... it boils down to who we collectively think could organize the forums to everyones likings, and that is a decision we should all voice an opinion about. Whether or not Ray would do that too is up to him, but personally I would hate having to do all that work. I.E. the reason breaking it up into two is a great idea. Dan3157 would be wonderful once his vacationing is over I think, his superior knowledge as well as evidence of TS history makes a candidate none of us can argue with. He's well liked, intellectual, knowledgeable, and friendly. Anyone disagree?

#11 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:51 PM

Lets try not to have 1 SINGLE member (life couch,btzg) mess up our community or be a reason to make comments above.

ROFL, what a funny typo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users