290 replies to this topic

#51 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:31 PM

To annoy? To entertain? To be heard? To acquire recognition? To waste time?

Maybe you just enjoy arguing with people?

To inform? To manipulate? To have fun?

It's election time, vote for all of the above :)

Posted Image

brb, off to grab some popcorn for more of this entertainment. :)

#52 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • XWIS Name: ray

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:33 PM

The reason I ask, and I will give you an example so you can formulate a perspective of this whole situation.

Basically what you have been doing is equivalent to me joining the RA2 community and arguing with them on something I have no idea about.

Or better yet, its like me arguing the Pros and Cons of the Ruy Lopez opening variation to somebody like Gary Kasparov.

It's just silly and I would only get laughed at, it is just astonishing to me how you have been allowed to continue your behavior for so long,

aren't you getting tired of lying constantly?

wait a minute don't answer that.

Edited by phatmouse, 22 April 2010 - 09:42 PM.

#53 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:38 PM

How is that relevant to this thread?

And looks like you have been taking propaganda lessons from the perma banned cheaters & convicted felons staff on GWZ

Edited by SkeletonNod, 22 April 2010 - 09:44 PM.

#54 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:46 PM

And looks like you have been taking propaganda lessons from the perma banned cheaters & convicted felons staff on GWZ

Reported.

#55 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:49 PM

Then what was the point of this post?

It just goes to show you cant be too careful

In response to what I said earlier.

Edited by phatmouse, 22 April 2010 - 09:54 PM.

#56 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

guys, really, unless you want to discuss the top 30 list, take it elsewhere,

GWZ is ----------------------- > that way --------------> you can troll to your hearts content over there,
or make some more threads about me in the lounge or the private forum, seems like the only thing you guys have to talk about :laugh:

its always the guys that claim to ignore me, or hate me, that seem to cling to my every word,
that is something i find really comical.

but from now on i would prefer to keep this thread on topic,

thanks,

Edited by SkeletonNod, 22 April 2010 - 10:08 PM.

#57 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:06 PM

Lol but skeleton nod, why would I want to ignore you?

You are way 2 much fun =)

#58 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:07 PM

Lol but skeleton nod, why would I want to ignore you?

You are way 2 much fun =)

that one wasnt for you actually, ;)

#59 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

On Topic: Upon thinking about my previous rankings, I should have placed Maxpovver higher and maybe included Dachschaf and Thug1uk into the mix. They 2 had very strong Nods 1vs1 on terrace and could usually hold their own against a bottom spot GDI player for enough time before they got a lot of banshees and missles.

that one wasnt for you actually, ;)

Then too whom are you speaking to then Skeleton Nod?

Edited by phatmouse, 22 April 2010 - 10:38 PM.

#60 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:16 PM

On Topic: Upon thinking about my previous rankings, I should have placed Maxpovver higher and maybe included Dachschaf and Thug1uk into the mix. They 2 had very strong Nods 1vs1 on terrace and could usually hold their own against a bottom spot GDI player for enough time before they got a lot of banshees and missles.

Thug1uk is someone that gets way to much praise in these lists, similar to v3rtical in that respect, and tjght4lfe, players with astonishing bad lag issues.
And these lag issues really do play to their advantage, especially if they are hosting.

Its like playing in slow motion, the element of surprise is totally lost, infantry rushes become 3x as hard to kill, MK's are super powered vs titans and almost impossible to kill,
disruptors and titans become almost different units, its basically like playing a different version of TS, if you are used to playing with a fast connection.

I tend to automatically discredit any player that spent their entire career on a bad connection, you are giving players to much reaction time in those sorts of laggy conditions.

Also, do you remember a player called TheBtrayR? or TheBtrayA?cant remember his exact nick, something like that, very good US player, from way back, maybe you know more about his history?

Another was MachineAX, he was from UK, but spent a lot of time on the US server.

Edited by SkeletonNod, 22 April 2010 - 10:21 PM.

#61 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:26 PM

No I do not recall any player named TheBtrayer, did he have any other logs? was he active in ton2? I spent most of my time in ton2.

But did you know for the longest time atombombu lagged worse then tight4lfe and tiny0ne put together?
I agree though, laggy games do effect both players and give a disadvantage to an opponent who may not be used to the delay. but it is hard to say because i am sure connection speeds change with different players, despite being a notorious lagger like tight4lfe or tiny0ne.
I am pretty sure they had pretty fast games some of the time.

Thug1uk had a pretty good nod although i think his strength was projected more on Forest Fire games rather then terrace but if you are going to mention v3rtical as being discredited then how can you include wertpoi in the Top 30 and forget players like Lucrative and Sxarface? I remember them all being around equal skill 2004-2005, i think?

Edited by phatmouse, 22 April 2010 - 10:34 PM.

#62 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:40 PM

Yes I do remember Machine Ax simply because his name was easy to remember. He was a good player if i can recall correctly -_-

#63 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:41 PM

No I do not recall any player named TheBtrayer, did he have any other logs? was he active in ton2? I spent most of my time in ton2.

But did you know for the longest time atombombu lagged worse then tight4lfe and tiny0ne put together?
I agree though, laggy games do effect both players and give a disadvantage to an opponent who may not be used to the delay. but it is hard to say because i am sure connection speeds change with different players, despite being a notorious lagger like tight4lfe or tiny0ne.
I am pretty sure they had pretty fast games some of the time.

Thug1uk had a pretty good nod although i think his strength was projected more on Forest Fire games rather then terrace but if you are going to mention v3rtical as being discredited then how can you include wertpoi in the Top 30 and forget players like Lucrative and Sxarface? I remember them all being around equal skill 2004-2005, i think?

I didnt play much with sxardom or lucrative, i remember both guys, but didnt play with them enough,
i can only base my rankings on my personal experiences, as we all can, that's why rankings are so subjective, and disagreements common

#64 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:05 PM

Lol, I remember this one game, back in 2002, with Insectsx, playing in a 2v2s clan game against dachziege and maxpovver from left side on terrace. Both GDI, our plan was to 4 refinery rush into disruptor bo but my attacks failed and eventually right side began stacking bombs and disruptors while we recovered. Anyways they sent 4 disr and 6 bombers to Insects and too this day i don't know how he stopped the double with only a few tits rpg engineers and mk.
I think we ended up losing the game but still it was sweet and inspiring at the same time.

#65 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:35 PM

Even though we're all on topic I'd like to add my 2 cents seeing as I was at work and didn't have time to ever reply to this like you people :p

Bottom line: Bettz mentioned early on no one can ever make a top players list anyone will agree with. It's a true statement. The question then begging to be asked, is why make one?

That's all I've got to say :)

#66 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:54 PM

Even though we're all on topic I'd like to add my 2 cents seeing as I was at work and didn't have time to ever reply to this like you people :p

Bottom line: Bettz mentioned early on no one can ever make a top players list anyone will agree with. It's a true statement. The question then begging to be asked, is why make one?

That's all I've got to say :)

To stimulate discussion and activity, although controversial, these threads are always popular.

Was hoping more people would contribute their own lists, based on their experiences, but as tends to happen, they seems far more interested trying to find ways to attack/slander me. :huh:

Edited by SkeletonNod, 22 April 2010 - 11:54 PM.

#67 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:28 AM

I wouldn't take everything so personal Bettz. Anybody who is everybody can make a TS topic depicted by any person on any other TS forum that shows everyone acts the same way. We are naturally egotistical and throw out our own opinions 90% of the time just to contradict someone else. I don't think anyone is disuputing personally with you as a person, they are disputing you being a top 10 player on this top 30 list, but I've had people dispute single ply toilet paper is better then double. Just the nature of all of us.

#68 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:04 AM

the list looks good, why am i so far down it, ill never know, -_-
*(in no order people who made most impression on me)
1.megaf0rce
2.kapa371
3.middlesky
4.dachschaf
5.stefor
6.atombombu
7.goldnglow
8.aphrodlte(altho i know for a fact he use to cheat caught him 2-3x tech cheating cy when it died but whatever)
9.dachziege
10.gster(always overrated but, he is gd/was always gd/consistant, for some reason he seems easier of all "elites" tho to me)
11.phatmouse(old 1 , new 1 **** LOL)
12.ugh every1 else i forgot , iknow i didnt mention rele old players but,, they dont have much memory of them til i see there logins, and to me players of "All time" meaningh ad to of playe dlonger then 1 year , meaning despite scarabo's imcredible play, he quit 2 early 2 prove he could maintain it and adapt it.

Edited by miketehmaster, 23 April 2010 - 03:10 AM.

#69 dawn2dusk

dawn2dusk

Lieutenant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:24 AM

You guys are ****ing hilarious.

#70 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

You guys are ****ing hilarious.

I understand Sean's posts more and more, and I'm not even kidding.

#71 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:00 PM

I understand Sean's posts more and more, and I'm not even kidding.

Well sean has a top 25 topic in gwz and he is sad that he isnt in it. This statement wouldnt have been made if he was placed in top 3.

#72 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:17 PM

Who cares about the rankings? It's not about disputing people just for the hell of it, it all comes down to basic slander. I am sure dachschaf would be pleased that bettzeug considers him the best player of all time but if I was someone else I would be insulted that some guy who hasn't played me is almost publishing my name about and making up skill analyze points like I am some ****ing video game character.

If you are going to make a top 10 list in the future, please be sure to specify an allotted time period to aid with the confusion.

#73 dawn2dusk

dawn2dusk

Lieutenant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:34 PM

I play ts too much, and I have my own opinions about the top players ever sure...

But opinions are subjective, and I am certainly not going to get caught up in a forum where a looney toon like BTZG who didnt even really play ts (more of a forum troll) , has most of the posts.

There are certain players that should be on everyone's list though obviously; Megaf0rce, Dachschaf, Atombombu, Stefor...etc

Opinions may be subjective, but some peoples actually dont count when they never really played and instead just faked ss's and trolled forums. We all know how BTZG played, ref, ref, ref, ref, ref, ref, war, titans, die, fiends, fake ss's, turn that 1 loss into a 150 win streak, post about it, etc. BTZG should do something in theater or maybe make movies, some of his youtube videos are actually pretty funny, and well edited. Use your idiotic powers for good not evil!!!! :laugh:

Edited by TRZ, 23 April 2010 - 08:40 PM.

#74 ThePopeOfTS

ThePopeOfTS

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:14 PM

I play ts too much, and I have my own opinions about the top players ever sure...

But opinions are subjective, and I am certainly not going to get caught up in a forum where a looney toon like BTZG who didnt even really play ts (more of a forum troll) , has most of the posts.

There are certain players that should be on everyone's list though obviously; Megaf0rce, Dachschaf, Atombombu, Stefor...etc

Opinions may be subjective, but some peoples actually dont count when they never really played and instead just faked ss's and trolled forums. We all know how BTZG played, ref, ref, ref, ref, ref, ref, war, titans, die, fiends, fake ss's, turn that 1 loss into a 150 win streak, post about it, etc. BTZG should do something in theater or maybe make movies, some of his youtube videos are actually pretty funny, and well edited. Use your idiotic powers for good not evil!!!! :laugh:

glorious post sean

#75 TheWOLPRO

TheWOLPRO

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:44 PM

I don't believe one can legitimately create a definitive list of the "Top 30 Tiberian Sun Players Of All Time."

Consider the lists and accusations herein this forum, in which we are relating to the top persons in "skill, tournament wins, and ladder rankings." These characteristics globally (throughout the community from now since 1999) could not possibly describe the "Top Tiberiansun Player."

Perhaps I can explain in a number of ways as to why any sort of illegitimate list like this can not work or much less be true or accurate.

I. Participation in the ladders is in no way a determinate factor of what a "top player" is. It's a short, one month long (correction?) tournament in which players _who opt in to participate_ compete each other. The rank 1 player can not be denoted a "top player" in any category except for that of the player pool containing those participating in the ladder.

My personal experience: I've won the 1v1 ladder at least 4 times. Long ago during these times, at night when my companions got off of work and school, we'd play and I'd get my **** kicked quite a bit by players who did not participate in the ladder. There are players out there who don't participate in the ladder who are much better than many of the people who do.

II. One vs. one skill does not equal two vs. two skill (and so on). Strategies and tactics change in nearly every battlefield situation. Players who have been around for 10 years can generally tell you--"Play like you don't have an ally," which is fantastic from a competitive and skill training point of view. Those same players can also tell you their build orders are different for various maps, numbers of players, player factions and teams, etc.

My experience: I've seen players who destroy like no other on Terrace but suck at Forrest Fires. Some dominate on BGH, but can't produce a dizzy rush effectively within 6 mins on Grand Canyon. I've had experiences where playing with other top players in the ladder suck as allies in pro games, while hardcore players who played in the clan ladders rocked in the same situations.

III. Furthermore: When TS was new, players reaming accounts and clans in the ladders was already old.

So the problem here really is: how do we define what a top player of TS really is?

In my opinion, the "top players" should include those aspects of character involving those who contribute to the community. Like those running legacy C&C websites, they would at the top of my lists if I had them. I also believe true skill in a TS player involves being good at adapting to new mods and ww maps all of the time, including "****" new units and "****" like that. Skill isn't about how fast you can kill someone on Terrace. It's about how durable and how well you can adapt to being an effective player in all kinds of situations, mods and ww.

These lists are opinions, and nothing more.

Edited by TheWOLPRO, 23 April 2010 - 10:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users