290 replies to this topic

#226 clipser

clipser

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:45 AM

I can't believe people still play this game, this is insyder19 :) Account already in use, maybe I made one long ago...

Does schaf really still play? When reading through the topic so many memories come up :)

I wasn't really around in the first 2 years when TS came out, probably played for about 2-3 years, so here is my list;

- Dachs were the toughest to play against, Ziege was slightly better, he just never made a mistake

- mot and gab were the best rushers

- quas + kill2wice/froside

- atombombu and megaforce, very very solid

- firefox had a very good long game

- destroyer and maxpovver, max was the best NOD at that point

- insect and lordy2k

- stefor + anyone (he never really played with anyone "bad" though)

- killerkg and the other korean guy, I am still unsure whether they maybe somehow cheated

- dlte + ism

- gster/roo/brutal/vertical were the funniest guys, gster being by far the best out of them

- newbelief, who got me into poker, had an amazing short game but often times just wouldn't give or be confused the longer we play

Probably a bunch I forgot about, sorry guys :)

Man, Dan, how you doing these days? Can't believe you are still around, also Clipser, one of the nicest guys I met in this game!

lol just read dlte posted here, such funny legend.

I need to visit the forums more often! how are you insy?? PM me if you ever see this

#227 Soft

Soft

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:11 AM

Not in order some peopel that i thought were good

Stefor

Dachschaf

Firefox

Aphrodlte

A1mighty1 ( towards end)

Those were players that I hated playing.  Game wasnt more then who could be offensive as possible and worked together intelligently.

Players now that are good that were a product of those players

Mike

Trz

Corps

Kapa 

All with experience and incorporated styles of the second list would outplay everyone in the first list but Dachschaf (bionic man). My reasoning is that they have applied the skillsets and evolved in so many facets of the game.  Speaking purely 1 v 1 because clanning died many ages ago. What im saying is if the people in the beginning of my list had life to invest they would still be the best =D.  Ive had a rare opportunity to play with alot of the older players and see them try to reestablish themselves and quit because of ego.

#228 dawn2dusk

dawn2dusk

Lieutenant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

alltime yo

dachschaf (all around best both factions)

kapa371 (gdi king, but after most the other elites quit unfortunately...used to watch f1ref0x beat him a lot in fact)

megaf0rce (great all around player, 1v1-2v2 etc)

f1ref0x (super great long game, great gdi or nod, outplayed the great kapa many times)

maxpovver (elite nod)

stefor (great nod or gdi, 1v1 or 2v2)

dlte (did crazy shit sometimes, i always beat him myself though 1v1 but i watched him own others)

killerkg (best micro on ts prob ever, crazy good mk)

goldnglow (him and a1 great team)

a1mighty1 (watched him own schaf many times)

atombombu (king economy)

xistentz (great 1v1)

etc

i eventually was able to beat most of these players consistently, including schaf. except kapa. i rarely get to play kapa though on my actual pc setup, seems like im always on my shitty laptop, cuz he gets on way diff timezone when im not home, also mega i rarely beat. but mega and a1mighty1 helped me improve a lot. as well as many 1v1 vs ray101284

ps insy saying ziege was slightly better than schaf? is this a joke? lol never had an issue beating ziege. ever

Edited by dawn2dusk, 26 October 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#229 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

So what you're saying is that you're the best player of all time? 

#230 Soft

Soft

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

I dont think you can add anyone into the list as being the best ever post 2002 because of the lack of play from people who were considerably better and treated them like pawns.  You also cant discredit them.  Acknowledge they got better but they wouldn't be good without the innovation of pre 2002.

#231 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

Who first discovered the 1 shot dizz?

Edit: btw guys who is skyminion(ofa)?

Edited by MrFrodo, 26 October 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#232 dawn2dusk

dawn2dusk

Lieutenant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

skyminion is smee1414 oldschool and 1 shot is obvious ...i discovered it playing the campaign

#233 Killernav

Killernav

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

Why is killernav not on any list?????

Edited by Killernav, 27 October 2013 - 09:19 AM.

#234 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

Ive beaten dawn2dusk in my very first games on TS. Does he really think that he is a top30 player? He didnt give me re after he lost 2-0. #ragequit

#235 Casablanca

Casablanca

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • XWIS Name: fgj

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Ive beaten dawn2dusk in my very first games on TS. Does he really think that he is a top30 player? He didnt give me re after he lost 2-0. #ragequit

#236 dawn2dusk

dawn2dusk

Lieutenant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

I am sure you did. ; )

Im sure you are one of the people  I beat my very first day/week on Ra2, along with Niek etc and saw my post in Ra2 section and now feel butthurt. And youve been following me around the forums the past week, like a lost puppy. 

Good joke though.

#237 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Good joke though.

Are you still mad lmao?

#238 dawn2dusk

dawn2dusk

Lieutenant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

Why would I be mad? Im a little confused why you are following me around obsessively making things up

#239 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

I think I read in five places so far that you've beaten some RA2 regulars after only two hours of playing the game and I don't follow you around at all haha :p. What exactly is your point?

I can certainly say that I've lost to inexperienced or new players on occasion. Sometimes it's because I just mess around and sometimes because I make a simple, yet vital mistake. This is one of (if not the most) high paced RTS games ever made. This means that a small mistake, such as not scouting your opponent in the first minute or forgetting to build tanks for 10 seconds can cost you the game.

If you really want to prove how good you are or how easy RA2 is, finish in the top 5 or top 10. Beating someone one game out of 10 doesn't mean anything. Winning regularly is the key.

Also, I would advise against praising TS all over and bashing RA2. They're both great games but they both have flaws. TS is "campier" and a lot slower (not to mention that the factions aren't balanced). Just play what you like and don't make it sound like your opinion / preference is the only right one. 

#240 dawn2dusk

dawn2dusk

Lieutenant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

You clearly dont know anything about TS, lol its not camping, you ra2 players come and just think its slow and campy cuz u have no idea what ur doing. Id beat you on TS every game faster than u could beat me on Ra2, in approx 3-4 mins.

And I could use NOD and beat ur gdi 10000x, and never lose once. You just have to know how to play NOD, doesnt mean its not balanced. 

Also I could probably beat you on Ra2 in less than a months time, and youd never beat me on TS -_-

Ra2 is not a great game, its luck based so much of the time, buggy, and almost all about tank spam. Thats it. TS is so much more. The fact that I can beat players like Niek (even if hes not the best) within my first few hours literally ever on Ra2, proves that. He would NEVER ever beat me on ts

#241 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

well said eman

#242 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:59 AM

But he still doesn't get it :D

#243 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

At least he stop posting pics of himself :)

#244 Sam1988

Sam1988

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

Same here. Nothing special about that guy.

#245 dawn2dusk

dawn2dusk

Lieutenant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

Could beat you guys 2v1. on TS,and still own you on ra2.  and i posted 1 pic in the post your pic thread, then everyone else quoted and ooo'ed and awee'ed at me and my wifey,not my fault .. :D

Guppys

go youtube videos of the best ra2 players, in action. thats it? r u kidding?

#246 dawn2dusk

dawn2dusk

Lieutenant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

and..http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/173396-what-do-the-top-most-active-players-look-like/  ... everyone wants my wife. only pics were posted in the proper section. nice try though again rumblesom! goodluck in yourfutureattempts to follow me around here, you ass muppet

#247 Sam1988

Sam1988

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

My tip for you is to practise more and stop talking (and going offtopic to change subject). A lot of players agree that your ts skills are bad. I categorize you as meeedium.

#248 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Maybe he was talking about this: http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/177927-proof-i-am-hot/

btw how did you change your eye color and your face? http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/173396-what-do-the-top-most-active-players-look-like/page-9#entry1547554

Edited by dsector, 28 October 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#249 Soft

Soft

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

ra2 must be not doing well considering they are going through ts topics =/

#250 W0nNaPl4y

W0nNaPl4y

Colonel

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6954 posts
  • XWIS Name: W0nNaPl4y

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

Well I am not going to argue with you on your list, instead I will just post a top 10 of my own and a bit as too why i think so:

Top 10 TS players of ALL time *imo*

1. Scarab01 - Incredible unit control, micro and macro
2. Atombombu - Incredible economy
3. Dachschaf - Incredible macro
4. Insectsx - Incredible 1v1er and 2v2er
5. Megaf0rce - Incredibly solid
6. Aphr0dlte - Incredibly unpredictable
7. KillerKg - Incredible micro
8. Stefor - Incredible rushing abilities
9. kapa371 - Incredibly korean
10.middlesky - Incredible aggression

Haha now, I don't follow the TS scene. But Scarab01 was Dutch right?

He is still a sc2 pro named ; LiquidRet 

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Liquid%60Ret

:)

Edited by W0nNaPl4y, 28 October 2013 - 07:22 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)