29) Traacceee
Detailed Analysis
Years Active: 2000 To 2005
Strongest Faction: GDI

30) Alter3go
Detailed Analysis
Years Active: 2003 To Present
Strongest Faction: GDI

Edited by SkeletonNod, 21 April 2010 - 10:50 PM.

#2 dan3157

dan3157

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:57 PM

10) Skeleton Nod
Detailed Analysis
Years Active: 1999 To 2008
Strongest Faction: NOD

I'll contest the merit of this below average player for the time being.

• Nickname contains too many characters and a space (WTF)
  • I never knew this player was around since the beginning (he must have hid in the Euro server's GDI barracks)
  • If this player is 10th best overall, you better back it up with the top clans he played for (LMAO, this should be interesting)
  • Typo with the location (the mere mention of this player is a typo/mistake in itself)

#3 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:33 PM

I'll contest the merit of this below average player for the time being.

• Nickname contains too many characters and a space (WTF)
  • I never knew this player was around since the beginning (he must have hid in the Euro server's GDI barracks)
  • If this player is 10th best overall, you better back it up with the top clans he played for (LMAO, this should be interesting)
  • Typo with the location (the mere mention of this player is a typo/mistake in itself)

If you can find me another player that won the ladder with a 138 win streak using only NOD, ill gladly sacrifice my spot and award it to them, but somehow i don't think you will.
Also, a clan tag doesn't make the player, his Ws and Ls do.

Had you been active in August 08 to witness my unprecedented achievement, maybe you would be more accepting of my position.

But as with most top 10 lists you will find for just about anything, these are also subjective,
of course, you are welcome to submit your own list and critique mine, i welcome it, afterall everyone will have their own biases, so disagreements will happen, naturally.

But to just blindly discredit everything I achieved for what appears personal issues with my character is simply asinine,
some of the guys ive listed were the biggest jerks ever, but you have to award people based on their achievements, rather than their personality.
At least i think so anyway.

Thanks for posting though.

Edited by SkeletonNod, 21 April 2010 - 11:11 PM.

#4 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • XWIS Name: ray

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:52 PM

Please leave the Top # threads to the players who actually competed, played fairly against one another. Thanks.

I am not saying you cannot have an opinion bettz, i am just saying that it would probably be most wise to leave yours out of this one, especially if you consider the fact that 2/3rd of the players on your list were before your time and probably have no recollection of you.

Edited by phatmouse, 21 April 2010 - 11:22 PM.

#5 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:04 PM

Please leave the Top # threads to the players who actually competed, played fairly against one another. Thanks.

This just makes you look really bad in the eyes of TS players Skeleton Nod.

Not too mention, if you are going to mention the top players of ALL time, how could you not mention Scarab01, moooccowww, Xtrmforce, redsharky, bluepanda, ashraf99, botess, ajw26, insectsx, thechron1, afwunder, mstroftme, gabsnip3, and the list goes on..

oh wait, i know why, laff.

Disagreements are perfectly normal, these are subjective rankings after all, please feel free to submit your own list.

You can contact WT for confirmation of when i started playing this game, its understandable you werent aware of me though, as the servers were split into UK, Euro, and US, I spent most time on the UK and Euro naturally, as im sure you spent most time on the US.
So naturally we will have vastly differing opinions on a something like this, but that makes it healthy.

I dont mind criticism, but at least keep it constructive, thanks.

Edited by SkeletonNod, 21 April 2010 - 11:09 PM.

#6 dan3157

dan3157

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:17 PM

Also, a clan tag doesn't make the player, his Ws and Ls do.

Anybody who frequented TON2 lobby would laugh at that.

Had you been active in August 08 to witness my unprecedented achievement, maybe you would be more accepting of my position.

It blows my mind that you think your August 2008 win streak matters in the slightest. You're having delusions of grandeur for thinking that would put you anywhere near a top TS player list OF ANY KIND.

But to just blindly discredit everything I achieved for what appears personal issues with my character is simply asinine,
some of the guys ive listed were the biggest jerks ever, but you have to award people based on their achievements, rather than their personality.
At least i think so anyway.

Seriously, I don't even know who you were on TS despite the fact that I was moderating Champsite and CNC Gamer at the same time.

It doesn't help me if you keep refraining from posting what clans you played.

#7 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:17 PM

Well I am not going to argue with you on your list, instead I will just post a top 10 of my own and a bit as too why i think so:

Top 10 TS players of ALL time *imo*

1. Scarab01 - Incredible unit control, micro and macro
2. Atombombu - Incredible economy
3. Dachschaf - Incredible macro
4. Insectsx - Incredible 1v1er and 2v2er
5. Megaf0rce - Incredibly solid
6. Aphr0dlte - Incredibly unpredictable
7. KillerKg - Incredible micro
8. Stefor - Incredible rushing abilities
9. kapa371 - Incredibly korean
10.middlesky - Incredible aggression

#8 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:30 PM

Anybody who frequented TON2 lobby would laugh at that.

It blows my mind that you think your August 2008 win streak matters in the slightest. You're having delusions of grandeur for thinking that would put you anywhere near a top TS player list OF ANY KIND.

Seriously, I don't even know who you were on TS despite the fact that I was moderating Champsite and CNC Gamer at the same time.

It doesn't help me if you keep refraining from posting what clans you played.

The people that frequented ton2 were mainly US players, i rarely visited the US servers before they got merged, i spent my early days on UK and Euro.
And this is top players, not top clans, if you care so much about what clans were good, why not make a top 10 clans of all time thread, im sure HWD would be in there??

lol, the really funny thing about this when i typed HWD above, i've remembered I used to play quite often with hwdrulaz, and i should have put him on my list, one of the better players i can recall.
I'll have to do an edit, i think

Edited by SkeletonNod, 21 April 2010 - 11:35 PM.

#9 dan3157

dan3157

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:49 PM

The people that frequented ton2 were mainly US players, i rarely visited the US servers before they got merged, i spent my early days on UK and Euro.
And this is top players, not top clans, if you care so much about what clans were good, why not make a top 10 clans of all time thread, im sure HWD would be in there??

Since you spent your early days on UK and Euro, you missed out on the real TS competition. I can assure you, TON2 was the lobby for top tier TS players of all nationalities.

A TS top player list has a direct correlation with clans.

HWD was more of a clan to help players make the leap to the top-tier clans who specialized in terrace.

Edited by dan3157, 21 April 2010 - 11:50 PM.

#10 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:15 AM

A TS top player list has a direct correlation with clans.

HWD was more of a clan to help players make the leap to the top-tier clans who specialized in terrace.

So was NGU, but I agree with your statement Dan, virtually every top 10 player had a top 10 clan associated with them, for example:

stefor had deuce* and sharks
Dachs had -moon-
some of the euro/dutch guys had rap-1
Xtrmforce had mutiny / mirage
scarab01 had mirage
botess represented botess
insects - sharks -2r1y-
killerkg - TKF or some other korean clans
AphroDlte had union

the only top player I can think of who didn't really have a clan was middlesky but i assume this was because of the ladder failing post 2003 + and clan games dropping in activity

the top tier players were known and respected and associated amongst themselves and joined elite clans.

i think what Dan is getting at is that he find it hard that you include yourself in a top 10 with no such clan or supporters who agree with you except for well, you.

#11 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:56 AM

jZampage - _FeAr* #1 player

gg no re. We can all agree with this 'fact'.

#12 dan3157

dan3157

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:59 AM

the only top player I can think of who didn't really have a clan was middlesky but i assume this was because of the ladder failing post 2003 + and clan games dropping in activity

I think middlesky made his mark with Tiberian Sun: Firestorm clans.

1st post from Gamer Warzone
2nd post from Gamer Warzone

I assume that when that game/expansion died, the FS players switched to TS.

Edited by dan3157, 22 April 2010 - 03:03 AM.

#13 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:24 AM

All i'm interested in is a individual players Ws, Ls and skill set, i couldnt care less about what 3 letters sit beside his name in brackets, its just a meaningless fashion accessory as far as im concerned, and it certainly has zero affect on a players skill.

These are individual rankings, so players are ranked on their individual skills, see the Detailed anaysis links for better explanations.
If you guys want to do some clan rankings, feel free, nobody is stopping you.

neither of you were active during my reign of dominance over the server, so i understand your objections to my ranking.

But no matter how you try and slice it, a 138 win streak, with nod, and victories over almost ever top player at the time is quite a feat, like it or not,

And to be honest about clans, i played in so many of them, ive forgotten which ones were good and which ones werent,
i was usually in 3 or 4 at a time, and used to get requests to join them all the time for a game here and a game there,
i didnt really put much emphasis on what clan i was in, because i was confident of my abilities standing alone as a single player, i do recall almost defeating the dachs though in a clanne, unfortunately they managed to wash with mass harv bombs.

But like i said before, take the clan away from the player, he is still the same player, but take the player away from the clan, and the clan quickly becomes meaningless.

#14 dan3157

dan3157

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:49 AM

But no matter how you try and slice it, a 138 win streak, with nod, and victories over almost ever top player at the time is quite a feat, like it or not,

Yes, at the time needs to be emphasized.

Anyways, I feel and know that one sole (?) accomplishment (not much of an accomplishment for those who know the real details) made in August 2008 gives no merit to place yourself among the greatest TS players of all time. Plus, I already touched on the delusions of grandeur part.

Edited by dan3157, 22 April 2010 - 03:50 AM.

#15 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:39 AM

All i'm interested in is a individual players Ws, Ls and skill set, i couldnt care less about what 3 letters sit beside his name in brackets, its just a meaningless fashion accessory as far as im concerned, and it certainly has zero affect on a players skill.

So why do you make player cards if you are only "interested in an individuals Ws, Ls and skill set"?
I see no indication of a players overall Ws and Ls on those cards.

"These are individual rankings, so players are ranked on their individual skills, see the Detailed anaysis links for better explanations.
If you guys want to do some clan rankings, feel free, nobody is stopping you."

Clan rankings would be pointless now as a lot of the same people play for the same clans and there aren't many old schoolers left who could provide a factual account of the old 2v2 teams.

"And to be honest about clans, i played in so many of them, ive forgotten which ones were good and which ones werent,"

But you were never in any good clans BTZG, and that matters, but it is not your fault because you weren't active at the time the good clans were playing. They all quit before you, but your card rankings rate the old players who made their names in those clans. i don't see how you did this except by maybe fabricating your own recollection of TS lore. Plus, if you had sources, how would you know if they were any credible?

But like i said before, take the clan away from the player, he is still the same player, but take the player away from the clan, and the clan quickly becomes meaningless.

atombombu would be nothing without megaf0rce, dachschaf would be nothing without zeige, mot would have never been anything without gab, stefor would have never been anybody without insects or wunder, hod would have never been anything without law, insyder would have never made it without newbyleaf , stefros and cncstrum made their mark together, *BD* was originally one of the best 2vs2 teams"
You get the point?

This is just something you don't seem to comprehend Skeleton Nod.

Edited by phatmouse, 22 April 2010 - 05:46 AM.

#16 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:07 AM

honestly i agree with maybe 3 of the entire 30.

ok that was a little off... maybe 6

#17 dan3157

dan3157

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:31 AM

click the arrow to read his post

Great post ray. The newbelief typo made me laugh. :laugh:

Since the good players in TON2 cared for the clan ladder and not the tournament ladder, the TS competition among clans was intense and rivalries arose. That TS competition helped players achieve new heights and of course that meant that some were playing crazy amount of hours (60 hours/week) to get an edge.

Edited by dan3157, 22 April 2010 - 05:32 AM.

#18 phatmouse

phatmouse

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:00 AM

Oops, so many typos I know Dan -_-

But you're right , some of my fondest memories were getting beat by some of the great teams. 2v2 was in a different league of its own back then and I remember clans of 4-5 players that would crush the ladder consistently against fairly decent opponents.

I remember being in NGU and trying to take points off of rap-1, inst, gallo, union, sharks, sex, *THC*, maodi, -moon- , *kod*, -2r1y-, etc...

Edited by phatmouse, 22 April 2010 - 06:08 AM.

#19 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:19 AM

lol i was in thc! elook was a fun clan too lmao

#20 YoUrNexTzz

YoUrNexTzz

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:21 AM

didn't know that game even had 30 active players haha :D

#21 dan3157

dan3157

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:01 PM

didn't know that game even had 30 active players haha :D

The topic title "Top 30 Tiberian Sun Players Of All Time" doesn't mean they're all still active. The OP did provide Years Active info on each player.

#22 Favor

Favor

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:08 PM

i laugh at his 1999-2008...when recently he was online and fiend someone

#23 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:22 PM

Ranking are based on achievement, not association.

The clan argument is ridiculous, and you wont find a rankings system in the entire world that can support your case.

You are free to make your own clan top 10 lists, but these rankings are about each individual players skill levels, what is so hard to understand about that?

Edited by SkeletonNod, 22 April 2010 - 01:22 PM.

#24 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:18 PM

You can contact WT

No, he can't.

Please don't drag me into this.

I do think dite, and middlesky deserver higher places imo

Top 10 TS players of ALL time *imo*

1. Scarab01 - Incredible unit control, micro and macro <--- yup
2. Atombombu - Incredible economy <-- heck yea.
3. Dachschaf - Incredible macro <-- ????
4. Insectsx - Incredible 1v1er and 2v2er <--- especially when you play him on FF, and he's TL, you're TM, he hover rushes you, you emp them, and they sink.... the ""WTF ? They sank" reaction was priceless.
5. Megaf0rce - Incredibly solid <--- ooer
6. Aphr0dlte - Incredibly unpredictable <-- never played v dite, but his reputation far precedes him.
7. KillerKg - Incredible micro <-- huh ?
8. Stefor - Incredible rushing abilities <-- incredibly
9. kapa371 - Incredibly korean <-- ROFFLE !
10.middlesky - Incredible aggression <-- heh, he's a little puppy.

^^ a Much better list. :)

#25 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

No, he can't.

Please don't drag me into this.

I do think dite, and middlesky deserver higher places imo

^^ a Much better list. :)

You will never find universal agreement with a TS rankings list, because most players tends to be influenced by personal friendships and biases,
but ive tried to remain strictly with detailed skill analysis, achievements and accomplishments, how rankings should be.

If you want to make a case for players being ranked higher, please feel free to list reasons why, or you can always make your own list, the more the better.

Edited by SkeletonNod, 22 April 2010 - 03:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users