Photo

Strike Team Forum URL In TS Game Lobby Page?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

There should be an advertisement to these forums in the TS game lobby page when players first log in to the game.
Just something very simple, like "TS Support and Discussion @ www.strike-team.net"

Would help drive more traffic here,
especially with those players that have been put off in the past by the immature children and trolls that tend to run those horrible pretender sites.

Some players arent aware of the laid back professional approach and attitude of the staff here,
and i think many would find it quite refreshing and appealing in comparison with what we have had to deal with over the years with these ghastly wannabe pretender sites.

Make it happen guys, you know it makes sense.

#2 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:31 PM

There should be an advertisement to these forums in the TS game lobby page when players first log in to the game.
Just something very simple, like "TS Support and Discussion @ www.strike-team.net"

Good sugestion.

especially with those players that have been put off in the past by the immature children and trolls that tend to run those horrible pretender sites.

Less of the personal attacks.

Some players arent aware of the laid back professional approach and attitude of the staff here,
and i think many would find it quite refreshing and appealing in comparison with what we have had to deal with over the years with these ghastly wannabe pretender sites.

pot kettle black.

oh, and btw.. YOINK !.

#3 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:53 PM

Shouldn't you be busy resurrecting that dead pretender site you begged to work on? Like you said you were going to.
Last time i checked in, was only google bot online with me, and no new threads in days, lol

#4 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:08 PM

Shouldn't you be busy resurrecting that dead pretender site you begged to work on? Like you said you were going to.
Last time i checked in, was only google bot online with me, and no new threads in days, lol

More personal attacks.

#5 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

More trolling.

Edited by Oceana, 13 April 2010 - 08:07 PM.

#6 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:42 PM

pretender site = fan site

(usually)

#7 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:00 PM

pretender site = fan site

(usually)

I know Skable. this is an indirect attack at me, since I run a "pretender" site which Bettzeug (Oceana) is banned from.

#8 PowrBombr

PowrBombr

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:56 PM

If the laid back approach by the staff here is negligence then your correct.

As for the immature trolls that ran the pretender sites, i never saw you running the site?

Them 'pretender' sites provided what ST didnt, which was a forum dedicated to tiberian sun. And forgive me if im wrong, but the so called 'pretender' sites werent trying to be anything other than a fan site? What were they pretending to be lol?

Your the most known troll and most hated TS player around. You said your going to quit TS and posting on TS forums countless times, when the **** will you leave for good? You where pretending to be a "Life Coach" helping people quit TS, which is something you yourself couldnt achieve lol, but then again who else to help out junkies than other junkies, as they know what their going through.

#9 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:44 PM

Lol, i knew it wouldnt take long for WT to message his little trolling buddies to come into this thread to spam their hate propaganda,

this thread is about getting a URL to strike team posted in the TS lobbies, if you didnt come here to discuss that, then GTFO out of the thread because im not interested in your trolling,
, kk thx bai

Edited by Oceana, 13 April 2010 - 10:45 PM.

#10 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:02 AM

I think the advertising for the ST URL is a great idea. Can't believe no one has done it or thought of it until now (if they have thought of it, voiced it then)

Definitely should be implemented ASAP.

#11 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:17 AM

Lol, i knew it wouldnt take long for WT to message his little trolling buddies to come into this thread to spam their hate propaganda,

this thread is about getting a URL to strike team posted in the TS lobbies, if you didnt come here to discuss that, then GTFO out of the thread because im not interested in your trolling,
, kk thx bai

Except you also said this

Make it happen guys, you know it makes sense.

You kinda started the trolling yourself there.

#12 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:47 AM

For the record:
- If the reputation system was working, I would have given bettz +1 reputation, for his good idea about the lobby announcement. (I'm pretty sure the lobby bots used to advertise XWIS forums).
- I did not go and do my "secret handshake" for the anti-bettz society and get all of my "cronies" to gang up against anyone. (I dont have any cronies).
- "pretender" sites are the bluetak, and ducktape that have kept the TS communities alive, and it's only recently that S-T has acknowledged us, and created this forum (small steps, and patience are required, before we can get a working tournament signup working, and a community suggested moderator in the TS section.

Thanks for your suggestion bettz, but please try and lay off the attacks.

#13 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:53 AM

Except you also said this

You kinda started the trolling yourself there.

those are all verifiable facts, so why beat around the bush?
if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck & acts like a duck, then its a duck

also for the record, whitetib doesnt run a site, he is 1 of 5 admins, none of which have FTP access or any real control of the site
& im certainly not banned, i can visit, read and post messages any time i choose,

Edited by Oceana, 14 April 2010 - 11:06 AM.

#14 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:55 PM

those are all verifiable facts, so why beat around the bush?
if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck & acts like a duck, then its a duck

also for the record, whitetib doesnt run a site, he is 1 of 5 admins, none of which have FTP access or any real control of the site
& im certainly not banned, i can visit, read and post messages any time i choose,

Bettz: The GWZ Cockroach, lol ;)

I thought it was funny ;p

#15 GuestAccount

GuestAccount

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

I dont get it?

i choose not to post there, or cnclounge, but i can visit either site any time i choose,
Just prefer the environment here, where i can post freely without having to deal with immature kids on staff getting all jealous & bent out of shape

Edited by Oceana, 14 April 2010 - 04:25 PM.

#16 WhiteTib

WhiteTib

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:58 PM

I dont get it?

i choose not to post there, or cnclounge, but i can visit either site any time i choose,
Just prefer the environment here, where i can post freely without having to deal with immature kids on staff getting all jealous & bent out of shape

This appears to be going off-topic somewhat.

Let's wait to see what S-T does... I would imagine anything that encourages more traffic here, will be more beneficial to S-T, and so you idea, as it stands, is very good, very simple to implement, and most likely to succeed.

#17 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:22 PM

I'm saying that because they want you to go away but you keep coming back like a cockroach does lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users