1 reply to this topic

#1 Usud

Usud

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:42 AM

I'm having problem's connecting to the Rengade server list through what was previously westwood online and is now XWIS from what I've gathered. I downloaded Renguard and patched up the game and attempted to login in the old manner of going into the Westwood Online option under the multiplayer menu. I then clicked on the advanced server listings options (not sure if thats the exact name) and from what i've read it should nowadays give you a login screen like the old one but to connect to XWIS servers but instead it just remains on "retriving server list" and then goes on to give the message that the operation has timed out. Since I havent played Renegade in a wile now i don't know if this is cause the server is down or that i'm doing something wrong. I downloaded the XWIS client but am not totaly sure how to go about using it. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Usud

Edit: I can now connect to the server list fine but there are no servers on it :S

Edited by Usud, 30 March 2010 - 03:05 PM.

#2 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

Registering a nickname on XWIS is as simple as logging in.

You no longer need to use the Westwood Registration pages, or the account creation menu in your game.

DO NOT CLICK THE NEW ACCOUNT BUTTON

Simply connect to XWIS by clicking "internet" (see below) in your game menu, and login with your desired username and password. Your password must be EXACTLY 8 characters long. Once you have logged in that nickname is automatically registered for you.

See Also: http://xwis.net/help.html

Accessing the Internet on C&C games:
Red Alert 2 - click Internet, then custom match or quick match. If you are experiencing difficulties, choose custom match and read any error messages listed in the lobby.
Yuri's Revenge - click Internet, then custom match or quick match. If you are experiencing difficulties, choose custom match and read any error messages listed in the lobby.
Tiberian Sun - click Internet. If you are experiencing difficulties, read any error messages listed in the lobby.
Renegade - click Multiplay Internet, then Westwood Online, then Advanced Game Listing. If you are experiencing difficulties, choose chat and read any error messages listed in the lobby.

Also see http://renegadeforums.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users