Photo

TS/FS players, post your questions here!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 IcyFlames

IcyFlames

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:19 AM

I just tried this. No you can't.

hmm you're right.. it does make a difference. Haven't played TS for ages....

but if the warf doesn't repair... then carpet with 6 or pb with 5 apparently.

I can only pb cy with 6 if it doesn't repair... can anyone do it with repair?

#27 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:22 PM

Ya it's doable, a ref and war are fairly easy with 3, CY is hard with 3, but easy mode with 4.

I played a skirmish and tested 6 bombers carpet bombing a war from about every angle... closest I got was 2 red blocks, that was with no repair.

#28 IcyFlames

IcyFlames

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:27 PM

Ya it's doable, a ref and war are fairly easy with 3, CY is hard with 3, but easy mode with 4.

I played a skirmish and tested 6 bombers carpet bombing a war from about every angle... closest I got was 2 red blocks, that was with no repair.

I promise I did not powerbomb... try yourself. I think the formation matters for some reason... It looks like they're bombing along 1-shot dizz axis...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 jZampageX

jZampageX

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:26 PM

Ah you had your bombers right on top of each other, i was doing em 1 by 1 to see how many it took lmao

#30 Supernoob

Supernoob

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

I promise I did not powerbomb... try yourself. I think the formation matters for some reason... It looks like they're bombing along 1-shot dizz axis...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

How did you get that resolution?

#31 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:41 AM

First off, you cannot be in a clan match... second off, if multi engineer is not on, it takes 3 engineers... if it is your allies CY, you need to first unally then re-ally them after you have captured the CY.

If you are caught doing this against any WW players tho, be forewarned - you won't be playing with them again unless your on another nick we don't recognize. None of us approve of that, if you lose your Cy - you lose your cy. The only exception is if you are nod and hijack one.

I try to keep a spare MCV around somewhere, depends on the map tho.

Type HIRES in the main menu screen (you should hear a bleep if you've done it right), then change the resolution in the options menu.

#32 Supernoob

Supernoob

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:21 PM

I can't get it to work sadly :(

Edited by Supernoob, 26 May 2010 - 08:00 PM.

#33 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:23 PM

Hires doesnt work in TS actually. You would have to open up your tiberian sun folder and look for a file named sun.ini. Than input the correct resolution that matches your system specs. IF you need further help, let me know. Thanks!

#34 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:40 AM

I always make that mistake of thinking TS has HIRES.

idk why, but I keep thinking it does...

#35 Supernoob

Supernoob

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:24 PM

lol the main menu is so small now thanks :laugh:

#36 Revolutionary

Revolutionary

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • XWIS Name: TSRevo

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:07 PM

jZampageX
"First off, you cannot be in a clan match... second off, if multi engineer is not on, it takes 3 engineers... if it is your allies CY, you need to first unally then re-ally them after you have captured the CY.

If you are caught doing this against any WW players tho, be forewarned - you won't be playing with them again unless your on another nick we don't recognize. None of us approve of that, if you lose your Cy - you lose your cy. The only exception is if you are nod and hijack one.

"if multi engineer is on" ;) last time i checked it need to be turned on/ticked for multi engineer's to be needed and it takes one engineer if you lower the building to red health, this was the only way you could capture buildings in RA1 using only one engineer. (getting the other players tech this way is fun when doing comp stomps and i have seen it happen when all partys (plr vs plr) have agreed to do so) and what about if you capture an con yard that is as legit as hijacking one...

Supernoob

There is a better and cleaner way Open up the Sun.ini files and Type/Paste under [Video]
AllowHiResModes=Yes
and select the screen res you want in the options menu Also if you dont like the way the menu is try puting
AllowModeToggle=Yes
also under [video]

Skable
Type HIRES in the main menu screen (you should hear a bleep if you've done it right), then change the resolution in the options menu.

Well thats news to me, I thought the new menus (as in the menus TS as given in a patch by WW, not the stock ones) were incompatable with all the codes. (you can only do this in skirmish mode and these codes may be incompatable with the new menus but they do work; Type THETEAM for some new inf units Or Type PENGO and go visceroid hunting)

Edited by Revolutionary, 27 May 2010 - 08:10 PM.

#37 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:55 PM

Revolutionary, those codes you gave gives me back good memories from when i orignally purchased ts. I also use AllowHires modes in my sun.ini. But, i gave him tat way cause its fast and effective to wat u want.

Also, the codes you provided does not work with Tiberian sun v2.03. You will have to remove gmenu.mix from the tiberian sun directory and it will work.

Have fun.

ps. Skable, HIRES works for tiberian sun if its the old version from box w/o patch (unless you remove the gmenu.mix) Sorry i was mistaken.

Edited by hefeweize, 27 May 2010 - 09:56 PM.

#38 Revolutionary

Revolutionary

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:16 PM

Revolutionary, those codes you gave gives me back good memories from when i orignally purchased ts. I also use AllowHires modes in my sun.ini. But, i gave him tat way cause its fast and effective to wat u want.

Also, the codes you provided does not work with Tiberian sun v2.03. You will have to remove gmenu.mix from the tiberian sun directory and it will work.

Have fun.

ps. Skable, HIRES works for tiberian sun if its the old version from box w/o patch (unless you remove the gmenu.mix) Sorry i was mistaken.

Thought so, its worth knowing that if you have the firestorm expansion pack the is a gmenu.mix inside the expand01.mix

#39 Revolutionary

Revolutionary

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:16 PM

Have fun.

Thought so, its worth knowing that if you have the firestorm expansion pack the is a gmenu.mix inside the expand01.mix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users