#26 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:48 PM

hmm i like the sound of this. this seems to have some good ideas. olaf maybe u could help this by explaining to ppl who are clearly working very hard to make this game return to its former glory; exactly how xwis works. maybe some of the stuff u dont really wanna tell ppl, but unless we the people know whats at work we cant help us much, instead we run into u saying no to everything and not understanding y. pick like 2 or 3 ppl and fill them in.

(for example i have no knowledge whatsoever of how xwis works)

If you don't understand an answer, you can always ask for an explanation.

#27 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:22 PM

Why don't we all just bug the hell out of EA, maybe then they'll realize that RA2 (and TS) have a lot of potential.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=372567#372567

#28 TimmyJohn

TimmyJohn

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1332 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:23 PM

If we can get direct contact info with some of ea's insiders that were the main executives for ra2 we could bomb them with mail.

#29 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:29 PM

so if im right we cant do anything more ?

#30 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:41 PM

Don't give up so easily.

#31 XKaLiBaR

XKaLiBaR

M3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:39 PM

Hmmmm, if i had continued playing bfme for a little longer, i would of been invited to EA to test BFME2. Unfortunately i quit, and players that were not as good as me, were invited. However, one of the players who went to EA, was a very good player, and ended up going back a few times, to work on the expansion patch. His nickname was HERO, i used to have him on MSN, but i think he has deleted me. I could try and contact him, and see if he can put a good word in for us, or maybe get us in contact with someone in the rts department of EA.

Whether any of the employees at EA would give a ****, is another thing. As Paul said, the rts games have all been rushed. When i bought BFME, it had files with the name generals on it, and icons from generals in the directories lol.

#32 Isen

Isen

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:43 AM

just ****ing stupid that there are so much ra2 players still active now days and we cant get them all together :( and the best rts could be 1 of the most active rts of this time if u ask me,coz most of the other just suck,and we will get some oldskool plyrs back thats for sure

It could be amazing if properly patched and rebalanced, maybe even some new units added and extra gameplay controls, it would be great to see a ra2 gold version or something.

#33 XKaLiBaR

XKaLiBaR

M3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:06 AM

It could be amazing if properly patched and rebalanced, maybe even some new units added and extra gameplay controls, it would be great to see a ra2 gold version or something.

new units? i dont think so mate! Whats wrong with the gameplay controls? Its the only rts game, where you can use a button to select units by health and how elite they are.

#34 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:10 PM

only thing it needs is more clan/tournement plyrs,the game is fine :)

Edited by Showtime, 24 February 2010 - 12:23 PM.

#35 zFuSiONZ

zFuSiONZ

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:40 PM

Hmmmm, if i had continued playing bfme for a little longer, i would of been invited to EA to test BFME2. Unfortunately i quit, and players that were not as good as me, were invited. However, one of the players who went to EA, was a very good player, and ended up going back a few times, to work on the expansion patch. His nickname was HERO, i used to have him on MSN, but i think he has deleted me. I could try and contact him, and see if he can put a good word in for us, or maybe get us in contact with someone in the rts department of EA.

Whether any of the employees at EA would give a ****, is another thing. As Paul said, the rts games have all been rushed. When i bought BFME, it had files with the name generals on it, and icons from generals in the directories lol.

wow that just ridiculous

#36 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:54 PM

trying ra3 now there u have 15k players :( 2 bad this isnt the case with ra2

Edited by Showtime, 25 February 2010 - 03:49 PM.

#37 BeHumble

BeHumble

Here & There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2902 posts
  • XWIS Name: LooKaUFO

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:31 AM

only thing it needs is more clan/tournement plyrs,the game is fine :)

:thumbsup:

trying ra3 now there u have 15k players :( 2 bad this isnt the case with ra2

:thumbdown:

and guys all i gotta say is...we need to do something soon (within the next 5 months or so)..or else i think we'll really see what it means for a game to die ex: (tiberium wars)..and i hate to see this happen..anyone let me know if i can help with anything at all.

#38 BeHumble

BeHumble

Here & There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2902 posts
  • XWIS Name: LooKaUFO

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:44 AM

Olaf not trying to be mean but..Do you even care at all? I know i know this isn't as easy as it sounds but we have to do something..

Also guys we need to give martin a big hand for doing all he does for Ra2 :]

#39 biliac

biliac

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:28 AM

sadly...the game seems to be losing members each month, I am so sad to see this

i know a big majority of folks quit because of all the cheating, I know thats why I have quit before. a patch would be so simple to implement to knock out the cheating. who cares if the game is rebalanced...there is no balance when cheating is rampant and so difficult to prove, it is a hassle to report cheaters.

when chat was brought back online and the release of new decade version....that was the time to really regain the reigns on this game. everyday we lose members, not gain them.

heck...why are there so many rude ra2 players? how many times have you played and the oppenent starts calling you a newbie and all kinds of hate speech. why do we do that to our fellow players guys? gosh, one idoit making fun and being hateful to a new player or lesser player may make that player not want to play anymore and move up the ranks.

i wish there was a secret plan in the works, i guess 10 years was a good run, we should be happy for the good times.

#40 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:34 PM

well there have returned cuple of the oldskool plyrs hope they bring some more plyrs back :)

#41 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

XWIS is and stays usable without requiring extra client-side software. Experience with stuff like PunkBuster shows that such anti-cheating clients are not waterproof and are a burden for players.

XWIS uses XGS to catch maphackers, is that not considered extra client software? This particular anti cheat client in its self provides solid proof of any maphack programs or trainers being used.

Even if it is not possible to make it mandatory for quick match games, we can log the players who use it and they can qualify for HOF's, those who don't use it do not qualify.

As a user of the anti cheat client, you allow the program to conduct the following actions while it is running:

Generate timestamps of when you are logged into and logged out of the client and upload such information to the ftp.
Record all running processes on your computer and upload the recorded information to the ftp.
Take screenshots of your screen at random intervals and upload the saved images to the ftp.

Perhaps we should be looking forward into ideas like these in-case RA2 does become free-ware (I'm not stating it will soon, but it may happen right? Did we really see tiberian sun becoming free?)

At least then we have a backup strategy.

P.s Sorry to bump this, but I still think this is a great proposal and should be considered.

#42 afeenaaa

afeenaaa

PUDDI

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1238 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

I must say that I'm completely with neogrant on this one and second the idea of a optional not mandatory client side anti-cheat program.

Generate timestamps of when you are logged into and logged out of the client and upload such information to the ftp.

This should prefferably be done with a seperate column on the ladder next to C S T, that would indicate if the anti cheat was used for every game. That way the players could see themselves who to play and who to rather avoid. Ofcourse it would require some work be done by Olaf and the details best to be kept secret to anyone else.

Screenshotting and requesting is good and the key to it, but they must be very well considered and carefully realised like any other features. Screenshot checking would need to be done by humans so I wouldn't spam it, I'd like them being sorta publically available though (maybe only to other anti-cheat users besides admins, others can go suck ****). And cheaters should get caught red-handed cheating in tournament games with their screenies as proof and classically banned.

Well done it could be a great investment to the future of this game.

Edited by Integrity, 23 August 2010 - 04:07 PM.

#43 Pompski

Pompski

Emilio's Owner

• Strike Team
  • 19855 posts
  • XWIS Name: Pomp

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:18 PM

Im also with grant on it, however I am tempted too warn him for massive bumpage.

#44 PostNextOlaf

PostNextOlaf

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1680 posts
  • XWIS Name: yid

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:26 PM

Im also with grant on it, however I am tempted too warn him for massive bumpage.

Thought that said massive bumage then

Either way, it deserves a warn

Edited by PooPie, 23 August 2010 - 05:31 PM.

#45 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:13 PM

XWIS uses XGS to catch maphackers, is that not considered extra client software?

The statement is: "XWIS is and stays usable without requiring extra client-side software.".
XGS is not required to use XWIS, so no...

Also: "Experience with stuff like PunkBuster shows that such anti-cheating clients are not waterproof and are a burden for players."

Perhaps we should be looking forward into ideas like these in-case RA2 does become free-ware (I'm not stating it will soon, but it may happen right? Did we really see tiberian sun becoming free?)

Disabling serials for TS was a stupid move, I don't want to do it for RA2. Definitely not for tournament games.

#46 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:48 AM

The statement is: "XWIS is and stays usable without requiring extra client-side software.".
XGS is not required to use XWIS, so no...

Also: "Experience with stuff like PunkBuster shows that such anti-cheating clients are not waterproof and are a burden for players."

Disabling serials for TS was a stupid move, I don't want to do it for RA2. Definitely not for tournament games.

:thumbup:

#47 xMonster

xMonster

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1050 posts
  • XWIS Name: Monster

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:12 AM

This would be a great proposal , but seeing how things have always turned out from proposal and the lack of olaf really not helping out much on putting these proposals out really dosent help. You guys shouldn't waste your time. Only way we may have a chance is if olaf actually believed in these ideas and actually tried to put the word out. Other way would be if we knew someone from ea that can help put these proposal in front of ea and even have them read it and even take it in consideration. I'm not trying to diss olaf, I know he's helped us out by keeping the server stay alive. The thing that bothers me he is no help at all or just with his post it seems like he really dosent care.

#48 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:25 AM

This would be a great proposal , but seeing how things have always turned out from proposal and the lack of olaf really not helping out much on putting these proposals out really dosent help. You guys shouldn't waste your time. Only way we may have a chance is if olaf actually believed in these ideas and actually tried to put the word out. Other way would be if we knew someone from ea that can help put these proposal in front of ea and even have them read it and even take it in consideration. I'm not trying to diss olaf, I know he's helped us out by keeping the server stay alive. The thing that bothers me he is no help at all or just with his post it seems like he really dosent care.

Why don't you write the proposal and send it to EA yourself? Am I the only one with an email account?

#49 PostNextOlaf

PostNextOlaf

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1680 posts
  • XWIS Name: yid

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:30 AM

Do you think they would take more notice of a proposal sent by some random person who plays the game or the owner of the server it is played on?

#50 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:18 AM

and guys all i gotta say is...we need to do something soon (within the next 5 months or so)..or else i think we'll really see what it means for a game to die ex: (tiberium wars)..and i hate to see this happen..anyone let me know if i can help with anything at all.

You underestimate addiction. :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users