-_- QQ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3142 posts
  • XWIS Name: PyyMP

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:51 PM

Read part two of this thread, EA source code click here
======

Hi, first it's been a while since I've been to these forums :).

I have been helping Grant on a few projects. On one of the sites I noticed that he said Tib Sun was now free. He at first thought Ra2 free would be a bad idea.

Here is my Proposal.

Since EA has finally started releasing their games for free and it would seem Red Alert 2 is the next in line. I have a proposal to EA as the game might be profitable(minor) to a website willing to run it.

Recently, I have been playing free MMO games mainly FPS style shooters.

http://www.gamehi.com/
http://crossfire.z8g...x2.aspx?newsid=
QuakeLive.com

These games make their cash from advertisement and a in game Cash Shop, which allows players to buy add ons in game. Most free MMO's are RPG, FPS, 3rd Person Shooters, and Racing. There really is no free to play rts game worth playing. EA's only competition is itself or what ever site that would decide to run them.

Some of these games have thousands of players who play across the world. Sudden Attack (gamehi) is the 2nd most popular game online in South Korea and is right there with StarCraft. Sudden Attack was made in '04 and it's graphics aren't great, but it has excellent game play.

With good advertisement, I believe Strike-Team could make a decent amount of money off of Red Alert 2 and maybe even Tiberium Sun. You have to let people know the game is free and what's it about. Youtube videos are a great way to get people's attention and you could have a great video made up.

Things EA would have to allow.

- Control of the game too ST or a website that would run it.

That's pretty much it.

Cash shop ideas all if possible.
-Rendering units different colors
-Programs like MF for competitive players
-Customized Interfaces, Buttons, ETC....
-Clan symbols on the ladder
-Cap clans too 25 players and make them pay to expand (Those games I listed make a **** load off of this.)
-You could allow them to design their own symbol and it cost extra

Advertisements of course for the website

Then there is all of the people in China playing this game and that's where the cash shop makes your money. Z8games' Crossfire is really big in China and they spend a good amount of money on it as it's free, but you can buy extra's. The clan add-on is your money maker and if you could render the units that would be another. Clan symbols would also be a good source, especially if you aloud custom ones. Of course, you would have to find a way to accept Chinese currency. You would have to at least have a server close to them to make them want to play, but it's for profit reasons.

Obviously, the main problem that everyone has about free serials is how do you stop the hackers? Well honestly, unless you patch the game well enough your not going too and I for one don't think it should be patched unless we include YR. Then of course, there needs to be some kind of balance patch. I would believe you could patch the hacks though. Wasn't Pisc able to block map hacks in 1.7?

Not able to patch the hacks? Then you would run separate tournaments with a Anti Hack. One of my projects with Grant is Suddenleague.com A online league for the sudden attack North American server. We have had a Anti Hack made that will catch most hackers. I will not say what it does unless you ask in PM Olaf, but I will say you can make it for Ra2 as it would be very simple and take you no time at all. This will 100% catch map hackers and as that is all you worry about. It will do the trick for tournaments.

As you can tell this proposal was well thought out. I would hope EA would allow something like this proposal to happen as Red Alert could still be profitable to someone and there is no competition in this market.

- PyyMP

Edited by neogrant, 27 August 2010 - 02:26 PM.

#2 TimmyJohn

TimmyJohn

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1332 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:32 PM

Looks like an awesome idea, I'm sure someone will want to bite into it. More money in there pocket.

#3 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:30 PM

Something similar was suggested by Piscinex a while ago:

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php?sh...amp;hl=piscinex

#4 iCeMaNz

iCeMaNz

-_- QQ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3142 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:35 PM

Something similar was suggested by Piscinex a while ago:

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php?sh...amp;hl=piscinex

Yeah, I know, but his had a lot more things that need to be done. Where this proposal EA has to do nothing.

I would love to see Pisc's proposal however.

#5 BeHumble

BeHumble

Here & There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2902 posts
  • XWIS Name: LooKaUFO

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

Interesting..just don't render the gameplay any i like the way it is..

#6 iCeMaNz

iCeMaNz

-_- QQ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3142 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:28 AM

Interesting..just don't render the gameplay any i like the way it is..

Exactly

Rendering the units different color should be a easy thing to do if it's possible. Black tanks Black rockies etc.....

#7 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:34 PM

nice idea paul :)

#8 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:59 PM

We can run ads on the site already. We can't sell XWIS accounts/serials though and we can't patch the game either. :(

#9 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:05 PM

Exactly

Rendering the units different color should be a easy thing to do if it's possible. Black tanks Black rockies etc.....

Yes it is possible i was planning to do that for my elite edition ra2 remake and have it as a optional component during installation. Elite skin for elite edition. :p btw black rhinos dont look that good in game. But I will try n make em look sexy. :cool:

#10 AbRoMoV

AbRoMoV

Für immer frei und ungeteilt.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2180 posts
  • XWIS Name: ZooM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:53 PM

great idea

#11 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:10 PM

We can run ads on the site already. We can't sell XWIS accounts/serials though and we can't patch the game either. :(

You wanted to sell those to Chinese players though?

#12 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:47 PM

You wanted to sell those to Chinese players though?

Yes, but EA doesn't like it.

#13 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

Not able to patch the hacks? Then you would run separate tournaments with a Anti Hack. One of my projects with Grant is Suddenleague.com A online league for the sudden attack North American server. We have had a Anti Hack made that will catch most hackers. I will not say what it does unless you ask in PM Olaf, but I will say you can make it for Ra2 as it would be very simple and take you no time at all. This will 100% catch map hackers and as that is all you worry about. It will do the trick for tournaments.

As you can tell this proposal was well thought out. I would hope EA would allow something like this proposal to happen as Red Alert could still be profitable to someone and there is no competition in this market.

- PyyMP

How would this sound ?

#14 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:07 PM

How would this sound ?

XWIS is and stays usable without requiring extra client-side software. Experience with stuff like PunkBuster shows that such anti-cheating clients are not waterproof and are a burden for players.

#15 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:46 PM

Yes, but EA doesn't like it.

:ohmy: why not ?they earn money with it

#16 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:50 PM

:ohmy: why not ?they earn money with it

Not really.

#17 XKaLiBaR

XKaLiBaR

M3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:15 PM

Sounds great Paul, and how you doing fella? Long time!

How come you need a different server for china? Can they not log on at the moment?

#18 tom2cool

tom2cool

b00 ya!

• Members
  • 11168 posts
  • XWIS Name: c0oL4tom

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:00 AM

Not really.

HOW ON EARTH NOT REALLY?

More players, more serials more advertising more money...

#19 TimmyJohn

TimmyJohn

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1332 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:40 AM

I think of every member on Strike-team were to E-mail them the same proposal they would start to think about it because almost anything can be done with persistance. That way people like Olaf don't get in trouble for asking all the time.

#20 NotMarkk

NotMarkk

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:28 AM

Cool ideas... It would be great if something new happend though.

Everyone email the 1.007 patch to EA :-)

#21 iCeMaNz

iCeMaNz

-_- QQ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3142 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:19 AM

Sounds great Paul, and how you doing fella? Long time!

How come you need a different server for china? Can they not log on at the moment?

Latency

Although, most of them really don't lag. It would be like the old days when there was a euro server.

Too Olaf, The anti cheat would be nothing like punk buster for outside tourneys. It would be something that would just randomly take ss's while open on the person's cpu and then load to a website. People who wanted fair tournaments mostly wouldn't mind. This way there is no need for random ss's and it takes care of anyone trying to reshroud etc.. ALso they can't edit it as it is automatically uploaded.

EA could look at this like this. They could take half of whatever the site makes off of the game or some number around there. I mean most likely your only going to make a few grand a month or a little more. They then take that money and plug it into their new games seasons etc.. Making those tournament worth while for players there and possibly bringing more players back to ra3 etc.....

Hi Xkali :) I've not been doing much. Owning Korean players at their own game, work ,school, and helping grant.
Youtube.com/icemanzdoinwork

Edited by BossTones, 23 February 2010 - 03:20 AM.

#22 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:57 AM

just ****ing stupid that there are so much ra2 players still active now days and we cant get them all together :( and the best rts could be 1 of the most active rts of this time if u ask me,coz most of the other just suck,and we will get some oldskool plyrs back thats for sure

Edited by Showtime, 23 February 2010 - 10:37 AM.

#23 evlkn1ght

evlkn1ght

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:47 AM

hmm i like the sound of this. this seems to have some good ideas. olaf maybe u could help this by explaining to ppl who are clearly working very hard to make this game return to its former glory; exactly how xwis works. maybe some of the stuff u dont really wanna tell ppl, but unless we the people know whats at work we cant help us much, instead we run into u saying no to everything and not understanding y. pick like 2 or 3 ppl and fill them in.

(for example i have no knowledge whatsoever of how xwis works)

like ive been saying, show ea how this can make money, and theyll be more likely to listen. a 50-50 cut seems resaonable, then maybe theyd allow us to develop patches, send it to them to okay it then proceed. (something that would literally take them 30 mins to glance over and say w.e go for it)

basically any plan needs these qualities:

Ea makes cash
Ea dosent have to do almost anything
can increase the number of players potentially

also consider this, since tib sun is now freeware, we could use that to experiement our ideas on, see what works, what dosent.

at any rate lets get this stuff moving. instead of talking for 5 months and then nothing coming of it as usual.

Edited by evlkn1ght, 23 February 2010 - 08:47 AM.

#24 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:24 PM

Why don't we all just bug the hell out of EA, maybe then they'll realize that RA2 (and TS) have a lot of potential.

#25 iCeMaNz

iCeMaNz

-_- QQ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3142 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:40 PM

Why don't we all just bug the hell out of EA, maybe then they'll realize that RA2 (and TS) have a lot of potential.

The problem with EA is their online support. They really don't care about online support as their cash is made off of EA Sports. This is why instead of taking their time to put out a GOOD rts game. They just rush them out hoping to make easy quick money and then release the expansion 6 months later. The worst thing that ever happened to Command and Conquer was when EA bought the rights to it. Too bad EA would never sell the rights to a company willing to put the time and effort into making the franchise as great as it once was.

Example Blizzard Vs EA
Blizzard has released 1 Rts game in the last 10 years (1 expansion) and is waiting on it's new RTS to be released sc2. It was suppose to be released this time last year, but where Blizzard knows how important it is to take their time and make the game right. They have literally put the game back 2 years and it won't be released until this winter or next spring.

EA has released more then 5-6 games and numerous expansions. We have generals, cnc3, ra3, Bfme, Bfme2, and more that I may not even know about. I have no clue how many total expansions. Their game dies within 6 months online and Blizzard's are still played by hundreds of thousands world wide.

Not sure of the numbers, but I would say that wc3 and it's expansion have probably sold close too or more copies then all of EA's combined.
Blizzard makes tons of money off the fact that both games are E-Sports.

Edited by BossTones, 23 February 2010 - 12:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users