13 replies to this topic

#1 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:25 PM

Ok, I feel the QM Renovation is finally starting to pick up some steam, much thanks to Grant and Olaf.

With that being said - I think this may be a good idea to usher in the renovation and add some excitement to the QM scene.

My Proposal: First weekend of March Saturday+Sunday, throw in every single map for every single team, and have random crates.

The goal: For 2 days, it adds some spice for yuris revenge QM scene, hopefully giving some people some incentive to check out QM, since its the first weekend it will have very little barring on actual end of month rank, so the luck and overpowered factor wont matter much for 2 days.

Is this a good idea or poor one? I think we can all learn from it in a number of ways, and after this weekend we can fix up that renovation and get it implemented. (I'm working on the codes for the renovation today/tomorrow)

Also, a Side note: If HOF's are not going to be done anytime soon, is it possible to have badges automated like they were on WOL times. Where - once you reach 501 points, you get the 1* badge, etc. ?

#2 Isen

Isen

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:44 PM

Ok, I feel the QM Renovation is finally starting to pick up some steam, much thanks to Grant and Olaf.

With that being said - I think this may be a good idea to usher in the renovation and add some excitement to the QM scene.

My Proposal: First weekend of March Saturday+Sunday, throw in every single map for every single team, and have random crates.

The goal: For 2 days, it adds some spice for yuris revenge QM scene, hopefully giving some people some incentive to check out QM, since its the first weekend it will have very little barring on actual end of month rank, so the luck and overpowered factor wont matter much for 2 days.

Is this a good idea or poor one? I think we can all learn from it in a number of ways, and after this weekend we can fix up that renovation and get it implemented. (I'm working on the codes for the renovation today/tomorrow)

Also, a Side note: If HOF's are not going to be done anytime soon, is it possible to have badges automated like they were on WOL times. Where - once you reach 501 points, you get the 1* badge, etc. ?

Prep come back to RA2 qm it is very dead atm.

Edited by Isen, 07 February 2010 - 06:50 PM.

#3 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:49 PM

Are you talking about RA2 or Yuri?

Strike Team - XWIS Forum > XWIS SERVER Discussion > XCL & XWIS General Discussion > Yuri's Revenge Quickmatch Maps

Nice idea!

#4 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:13 PM

Nice idea!

Appreciate the input - I figure after understanding the coding system of QM, this would help out in the renovation since all maps would be put in, and instead of having to go through and add the maps, after this weekend, all you'd have to do is eliminate a handful, and switch up some.

Curious as to whether or not the community of YR would like this idea - I kinda got the idea from Sunny saying that all maps should be playable for every faction. (now obviously due to balance issues that should never happen, but for a weekend it might be real cool to be playing yuri on offic map b or playing yuri on A Path Beyond II)

Prep come back to RA2 qm it is very dead atm.

Maybe :p.

Edited by XXxPrePxX, 07 February 2010 - 07:14 PM.

#5 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:31 AM

I think it would be good for the Yuri's Revenge activity. People usually like to try out new maps even if it's for only a couple of days.

#6 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:42 AM

I'm for the idea. I would do some Qm's that weekend just because it would be fun! :p

Edited by neogrant, 08 February 2010 - 02:42 AM.

#7 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:08 AM

I'd play a few too.

#8 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:09 AM

Just a few?

#9 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:14 AM

Just a few?

Well i dont consider yuris to be that fun especialy when i get matched vs yuri... as i have zero tolerance for campers.
The games tend to be extreemly frustrating. And by a few I mean i would qm for a few hours maybe depending on the activity this will achieve.

#10 Alb3rt

Alb3rt

Sed0na Clan Vs. ST community

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • XWIS Name: aWarNoob1

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:40 PM

Actually most yuri's i've played dont camp that much. If they're good with yuri they'd finish you in a few minutes. Also Preps plan sounds like a good idea, i'll be qm'ing for sure that week. It would be funny to see the reactions of some people. "ZoMG!! crates WTH"

Edited by Alb3rt, 09 February 2010 - 05:41 PM.

#11 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:48 PM

Actually most yuri's i've played dont camp that much. If they're good with yuri they'd finish you in a few minutes. Also Preps plan sounds like a good idea, i'll be qm'ing for sure that week. It would be funny to see the reactions of some people. "ZoMG!! crates WTH"

Finally a chance to get map reveal from a crate so I can be on par with sunny :laugh:

#12 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:29 PM

Finally a chance to get map reveal from a crate so I can be on par with sunny

LOL.

Exactly - Crates just such fun to mess around with - but only for a limited time.

#13 zFuSiONZ

zFuSiONZ

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:08 PM

Finally a chance to get map reveal from a crate so I can be on par with sunny :laugh:

lmfao i think even trying this with crates on would be so frustratingly bad i couldnt do it id hate to play a sov player as allies for points when he gets fp/armour elite rhinos vs my normal grizz. lol

#14 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • 18212 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:33 AM

in 2014 when there is noone playing YR, I would like this to happen :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users