62 replies to this topic

#1 djrogue

djrogue

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:27 PM

hi all. no matter what i try i cant play ra2 yuris rev online. in fact there is no where for me to create a xwis 8 digit profile. i have ra2 1.0006 and yr 1.0001 installed, tryied the firewall thingy and all i get is 'cant connect to westwood servers'
please help. im not all that hot on tech speak either so i need instructions in laymens terms!
thanx in advance guys

dj rogue

#2 whiteshirtsonly

whiteshirtsonly

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:32 PM

what type of os you have?

did you buy The first decade?

#3 warhero99

warhero99

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:49 PM

Post a screenshot and include details on your operating system and internet connection specs.

#4 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:41 PM

http://xwis.net/downloads/XWIS_Client-0.0.1.exe - Test - post output

#5 djrogue

djrogue

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:28 PM

windows xp
and i got my copy with the c&c collection big box set

http://xwis.net/downloads/XWIS_Client-0.0.1.exe - Test - post output

im gonna sound real dumb now but what is this for? :confused:

#6 Dalaii

Dalaii

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:01 PM

its a program that logs in to xwiss with your serial without starting up the game, u can view your serials reset ure passwords etc etc

and u can just copy-paste the output instead of making a screenshot

#7 djrogue

djrogue

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:25 PM

its a program that logs in to xwiss with your serial without starting up the game, u can view your serials reset ure passwords etc etc

and u can just copy-paste the output instead of making a screenshot

cool, what do i do with it? iv installed it and this is what i get when i run the test

nick:
server: servserv.westwood.com:4005 (195.189.238.82)
unable to connect: ECONNREFUSED

#8 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:04 AM

Click Reset and test again. If that doesn't work, manually clear westwood.com entries from your hosts file.

#9 djrogue

djrogue

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:33 PM

Click Reset and test again. If that doesn't work, manually clear westwood.com entries from your hosts file.

thanks, could u give me step by step instructions on how to clear ww.com entries as i am totally clueless and new to online play on the pc and wouldnt even know where to start looking for host files n such. sorry to be a pain in the rear, u must get this all the time and i bet it gets quite annoying!
regards

rogue

#10 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:55 PM

thanks, could u give me step by step instructions on how to clear ww.com entries as i am totally clueless and new to online play on the pc and wouldnt even know where to start looking for host files n such. sorry to be a pain in the rear, u must get this all the time and i bet it gets quite annoying!
regards

rogue

Start > Run > Copy and paste:C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and press enter.
You may then be asked to choose the program to open the hosts, if this happens select notepad.

Now that your hosts file is open, we can search for the entries (particularly useful if there are a lot of entries) So by pressing on the keyboard: Ctrl+F we will see a search bar appear.

Enter into the search the following:servserv and press enter.
If you have found an entry: there should be two lines both containing the word westwood. Delete these and click save.

No matches found?

If this is the case from searching servserv try:westwood.

#11 djrogue

djrogue

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:10 PM

Start > Run > Copy and paste:C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and press enter.
You may then be asked to choose the program to open the hosts, if this happens select notepad.

Now that your hosts file is open, we can search for the entries (particularly useful if there are a lot of entries) So by pressing on the keyboard: Ctrl+F we will see a search bar appear.

Enter into the search the following:servserv and press enter.
If you have found an entry: there should be two lines both containing the word westwood. Delete these and click save.

No matches found?

If this is the case from searching servserv try:westwood.

iv got 4 lines containing westwood. should i delete em all?

#12 djrogue

djrogue

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:41 PM

ha ha it worked.... well kind of!! i got to a page saying iv got a banned serial no?? then was dissconnected from the server what does that mean?? now im a little worried as iv never played online and if im banned then..... i dunno??? im new to all this so if iv done sumething wrong then let me know.
if its any help i got the no off the internet when i couldnt find my jewl case for my c&c collection boxset (it has all the serial nos for all inc games on the front of it).
so if i find my serial no and reinstall it with the correct one, will this sort out the problem??
man im gutted. sooooo close to my first online thrashing!!! i just feel like crying now!!

#13 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:42 PM

ha ha it worked.... well kind of!! i got to a page saying iv got a banned serial no?? then was dissconnected from the server what does that mean?? now im a little worried as iv never played online and if im banned then..... i dunno??? im new to all this so if iv done sumething wrong then let me know.
if its any help i got the no off the internet when i couldnt find my jewl case for my c&c collection boxset (it has all the serial nos for all inc games on the front of it).
so if i find my serial no and reinstall it with the correct one, will this sort out the problem??
man im gutted. sooooo close to my first online thrashing!!! i just feel like crying now!!

Yes :)

#14 djrogue

djrogue

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:48 PM

the prospect off hunting around in my spider infested loft has just dawned on me, all for the sake of a cd case.
the things i do for my country eh?? lol

Yes :)

thank god for that. ill let u know when its found, let the hunt commence!!
now, where did i put that flashlight??

#15 djrogue

djrogue

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:17 PM

PHEW!! (out of breath!!)........ ok iv got it. no spiders thank god, just enough webbing to supply spiderman for a few years mind!! ok, im gonna uninstall and reinstall with the proper code. fingers crossed!!
oh, just a quickie, will i loose my save games if i do this?? iv only just started playing again and would be a shame too loose em??
wish me luck

#16 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:22 PM

PHEW!! (out of breath!!)........ ok iv got it. no spiders thank god, just enough webbing to supply spiderman for a few years mind!! ok, im gonna uninstall and reinstall with the proper code. fingers crossed!!
oh, just a quickie, will i loose my save games if i do this?? iv only just started playing again and would be a shame too loose em??
wish me luck

Copy the RA2 directory before you uninstall (just incase) Good luck. :p

#17 Dalaii

Dalaii

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:42 PM

wish me luck

good luck :)

#18 djrogue

djrogue

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:02 PM

wehey it bloomin worked!!!! just had my first ever match and....................... lost in about 3 mins flat!! lol!!
however i was confused to as why i stated with all 3 factions as i chose russia?! is this normal or a bug

thanks for all your help by the way. im one very happy chappy!!

long live c&C

is there any sort of system where noobs can fight other peeps of simular ability so we dont get ruined straight off by hardcore players??
yknow a bit like halo where u fight peopleof simular rank n such!!

#19 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:35 PM

wehey it bloomin worked!!!! just had my first ever match and....................... lost in about 3 mins flat!! lol!!
however i was confused to as why i stated with all 3 factions as i chose russia?! is this normal or a bug

thanks for all your help by the way. im one very happy chappy!!

long live c&C

is there any sort of system where noobs can fight other peeps of simular ability so we dont get ruined straight off by hardcore players??
yknow a bit like halo where u fight peopleof simular rank n such!!

Heh, head over to ask the pro's forum- http://xwis.net/forums/index.php?showforum=96 Ask anything, you will get an answer no matter how bizarre the question may seem.

One last note: take a quick read over the XWIS server rules found here

#20 warhero99

warhero99

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:31 PM

Dude in my first 2 weeks I lost evey single game. Thats right 14 days of getting owned straight :ohmy: . Don't worry it gets better. As neogrant said

Ask anything, you will get an answer no matter how bizarre the question may seem.

One last note: take a quick read over the XWIS server rules found here

And may add, if you get somebody friendly to train you, you will progess much quicker. Good luck!

Edited by warhero99, 09 December 2009 - 08:32 PM.

#21 djrogue

djrogue

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:08 PM

Dude in my first 2 weeks I lost evey single game. Thats right 14 days of getting owned straight :ohmy: . Don't worry it gets better. As neogrant said

And may add, if you get somebody friendly to train you, you will progess much quicker. Good luck!

thanks guys your help has been invaluable and very friendly indeed i must say! im gonna spread the word bout this site and try to re-stoke other oldskool red alerters passions. uv made me feel very welcome so thank you!!!!!

its just a shame about the abusive comments, rudeness, being kicked outta games and general hostilty etc iv witnessed whilst in the custom games lobby, just trying to have fun and play the game thats real close to my heart!!
ah well, just a sighn o the times i guess,
i just wish everyone of theese peeps who knows who they are remembers that they was a noob at one point, learning the ropes and the art of c&c warfare. i wish they would just stop, and remember that obvious fact for a second whilst they are being abusive/rude!!

shout out to any oldskool ravers on here also OI OIIIIIII!!!! HAHA......EHEM!!!! SORRY!.........

peace out

dj rogue

#22 warhero99

warhero99

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:33 PM

i just wish everyone of theese peeps who knows who they are remembers that they was a noob at one point, learning the ropes and the art of c&c warfare. i wish they would just stop, and remember that obvious fact for a second whilst they are being abusive/rude!!

bingo!

In my case I had the last laugh after all. I wrote down the nicks of all these retards. Once I got good, I went on one of my other nicks that nobody knew and owned them- again and again and again. When they found out it was me, they were so shocked lol! Guess something similar might happen between you and the nubs who flame you after some time. :p

#23 djrogue

djrogue

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:37 PM

iv just restarted my laptop as its been on all day and started running slow.
and now im getting th same message 'cannot connect to westwood servers check ur internet connection'
man........... startin to get a little frustrated to say the least!!!
why is this happnin??

#24 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:43 PM

add gamemd.exe and mph.exe to your firewall exception list(s)

#25 warhero99

warhero99

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:46 PM

Yeah.

If your firewall also allows you to oversee local proccesses like the Defense option of Comodo, allow any request from the related programs to carry out operations too.

Edited by warhero99, 09 December 2009 - 11:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users