#1 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts
  • XWIS Name: reano

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:35 PM

Just need some tips on a few things that I'm too lazy to keep trying. Any help apprieciated

1) Chronosphere - How do you land on other tanks accurately. I do some times but not all.
2) Same with buildings
3) Yuri Magnetron I can pretty much get stuff landing on cars, objects what do u use to get stuff to land on other stuff 's', etc?
4) Korea planes is there a definate way to get two bombs from one plane thats not elite?
5) Dreadnought to hit two targets from one blast? How do you do it?
6) Outrunning korea e.g. if u have ifv, etc
7) Brute one hit wonders, can you do it all the time?
8) Best ways to release squid from your boat? Is it only IC?

Thanks

#2 Pizzaguru

Pizzaguru

Seal

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • XWIS Name: PizzaGuru

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:02 PM

1) What you mean?
2) What you mean?
3) S or move the magnetron... ?
4) No
5) Maybe with good timing between the two missle's firing you can. If the two targets are close to eachother you can simply shoot inbetween and the splash damage will do some damage to both =)
6) With infantry keep moving in the same direction of the plane while spamming the S key. Move your tanks in same direction just before the bomb is dropped. Ctrl+shift can be used with ifv's and flacktraks
7) Never seen it
8) Attack your boat with a dolpin and the squid will let go

#3 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

1) What you mean?
2) What you mean?
3) S or move the magnetron... ?
4) No
5) Maybe with good timing between the two missle's firing you can. If the two targets are close to eachother you can simply shoot inbetween and the splash damage will do some damage to both =)
6) With infantry keep moving in the same direction of the plane while spamming the S key. Move your tanks in same direction just before the bomb is dropped. Ctrl+shift can be used with ifv's and flacktraks
7) Never seen it
8) Attack your boat with a dolpin and the squid will let go

If you have a bunch of tanks how do u get them to accurately land on your enemies tanks...
Same for his buildings

#4 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:50 PM

Ic or dolphin, nothing else.

Possibly chronosphere, although you'll not have a chrono + dred 99% of the time.

Just tc, moving away, nothing more really, sometimes they hit the tanks sometimes not.

aim at one target then as ur dred is going aim at other before the second bullet is shot

3) Yuri Magnetron I can pretty much get stuff landing on cars, objects what do u use to get stuff to land on other stuff 's', etc?

luck, poor tc of the other player etc. not much u can do to change this

1) Chronosphere - How do you land on other tanks accurately. I do some times but not all.

unless both players arnt moving anything its dam near impossible to perfect it.

but just think of it as a 3x3 square, if you have 9 tanks in the 3x3 you will have to chrono the 3x3 anywhere on map and it will land on those 3x3 squares. so if you have say 3 that you want like this

xOx
xOx
xOx

Tanks are O, then you chrono it, it will chrono as

xOx
xOx
xOx

#5 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:41 PM

pretty sure if you attack using the magnetron then use alt with your army and select the tank in the air your tanks will go underneath it
also, the trick to avoiding korea **** is making your tanks move away in the same direction that the planes are coming
example:
(plane)-----> (tank)---->
^
tank

^
^
^
plane

and then diagonally it's the same thing, but it's more luck when it's going diagonally because sometimes your tanks don't move straight in the direction you want where as planes pretty much always do

Edited by Crisis, 07 October 2009 - 10:45 PM.

#6 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:05 AM

Ic or dolphin, nothing else.

Possibly chronosphere, although you'll not have a chrono + dred 99% of the time.

Just tc, moving away, nothing more really, sometimes they hit the tanks sometimes not.

aim at one target then as ur dred is going aim at other before the second bullet is shot

luck, poor tc of the other player etc. not much u can do to change this

unless both players arnt moving anything its dam near impossible to perfect it.

but just think of it as a 3x3 square, if you have 9 tanks in the 3x3 you will have to chrono the 3x3 anywhere on map and it will land on those 3x3 squares. so if you have say 3 that you want like this

xOx
xOx
xOx

Tanks are O, then you chrono it, it will chrono as

xOx
xOx
xOx

Great help here on the chronosphere been wasting a lot of tanks......

pretty sure if you attack using the magnetron then use alt with your army and select the tank in the air your tanks will go underneath it
also, the trick to avoiding korea **** is making your tanks move away in the same direction that the planes are coming
example:
(plane)-----> (tank)---->
^
tank

^
^
^
plane

and then diagonally it's the same thing, but it's more luck when it's going diagonally because sometimes your tanks don't move straight in the direction you want where as planes pretty much always do

K thanks.

Has anyone chroned sea units while they have squid attached?

#7 evlkn1ght

evlkn1ght

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:14 AM

Great help here on the chronosphere been wasting a lot of tanks......

K thanks.

Has anyone chroned sea units while they have squid attached?

no real need to if your allies 1 phin renders squids useless. if your sovs 3 subs pointed in the direction the squid comes from will take it out before it reaches anything important. i usually look to kill opponents naval yard before making important ships like dreads cuz those damn things are sneaky. or if they have no naval u can dread their bl and eliminate squids from the equation entirely.

#8 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:08 AM

no real need to if your allies 1 phin renders squids useless. if your sovs 3 subs pointed in the direction the squid comes from will take it out before it reaches anything important. i usually look to kill opponents naval yard before making important ships like dreads cuz those damn things are sneaky. or if they have no naval u can dread their bl and eliminate squids from the equation entirely.

Not always that easy thats y I want to see what my options are....

#9 g_style

g_style

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1559 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:42 AM

6 Crrl Shift and move away from plane by clicking.. this will dmg the plane alot and if he misses the ifv, u follow it again with ctrl shift.. bye bye plane

#10 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:48 AM

6 Crrl Shift and move away from plane by clicking.. this will dmg the plane alot and if he misses the ifv, u follow it again with ctrl shift.. bye bye plane

K.

Also are you able to heal planes. I'm sure I have done this before by having the healing unit next to the airport.

#11 AaSoVGoD

AaSoVGoD

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4319 posts
  • XWIS Name: AaSoVGoD

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:06 PM

For the magnetrons droping tanks on rocks, cars, trees, it's totally chance. I find that when i'm auto magging on some occasions when i need to, the opponents tanks land on these objects more often because they're getting magged badly.

For the Chronosphere have you tried using Bookmarks? They help in using the chronosphere faster and more accurately because you can immediately chrono to the location that you've bookmarked (this is most effective if you want to chrono his tanks into the water). I suppose it can be equally useful for chronoing on his tanks using bookmarks. If I recall bookmarking is the Ctrl+f1-f9 keys.

K.

Also are you able to heal planes. I'm sure I have done this before by having the healing unit next to the airport.

Only black eagles can be repaired on the depot by holding alt and clicking on your service depot with the B.E selected. I'm not sure if the engineer ifv can repair jets on a depot, I've never tried.

Edited by AaSoVGoD, 08 October 2009 - 12:08 PM.

#12 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:01 PM

Only black eagles can be repaired on the depot by holding alt and clicking on your service depot with the B.E selected. I'm not sure if the engineer ifv can repair jets on a depot, I've never tried.

How do people find out these things lol........

#13 Retired

Retired

THE KING HAS GONE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4540 posts
  • XWIS Name: JRisKing

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:59 PM

I thought everyone knew that planes could be heeled on a service depot?

Lag delay can be very annoying with the cronosphere, can make you miss intended target.

If a player allows you to crono 9 tanks on top of theirs they must be a right noob. It can happen a lot on sedona FFA though when people are camping and not paying much attention.

#14 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:35 AM

I thought everyone knew that planes could be heeled on a service depot?

Lag delay can be very annoying with the cronosphere, can make you miss intended target.

If a player allows you to crono 9 tanks on top of theirs they must be a right noob. It can happen a lot on sedona FFA though when people are camping and not paying much attention.

Obviously not ;-)

#15 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:20 AM

ye, you'll rarely get a good chronosphere in where you're able to crush the oponents stuff unless you're putting some pretty hard pressure on them
and i'm pretty sure planes can't get healed by ifvs

#16 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:23 AM

Engi ifvs can't fix jets you can how ever use service depo and some players can use the naval yard as well ,but each of those is considered as bug abuse.

Get a more accurate mouse for everything else. ;)

#17 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:15 PM

Engi ifvs can't fix jets you can how ever use service depo and some players can use the naval yard as well ,but each of those is considered as bug abuse.

Get a more accurate mouse for everything else. ;)

I have definately repaired planes with eng IFV but will try again today (just in case it was a dream...) My mouse is accurate enough. It was not the mouse but the tactics I was after. A mouse on its own achieves little.....

Is there a definate list of bug abuses because I know ALT is supposed to be there by design now as one of the admins said. Almost every game I get some one trying to alt me forgetting I can mag them or just capture and grind lol.....

I don't mean a list telling you how to do it but a list of 'what' is deemed bug abuse.

#18 g_style

g_style

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1559 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:54 PM

i believe u have to shoot ground or a target first before u repair the BE

#19 Arron1

Arron1

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3837 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:30 PM

ye listen to g style he steals all these tactics from me

#20 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:35 PM

ye listen to g style he steals all these tactics from me

Dont care where they get it from just let me know... :-)

#21 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:00 AM

hm, when planes are docked they heal themselves funny enough they charge for it

#22 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:32 AM

hm, when planes are docked they heal themselves funny enough they charge for it

???

#23 Phailure

Phailure

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:12 PM

Try shifting 9 tanks at once to hit the entire shift area. Usually you don't wanna shift your own units on theirs tho.

2) Same with buildings
U can't shift on buildings if that's what u mean. be careful shifting your own units on top of an opponent MCV, if they deploy it as you shift all your units will vanish instead of appearing.

Alt the flying tank with another one of ur units and it will go underneath. Automag + move away will get chasing tanks to drop on each other. Building wall or tank bunker as enemy drops onto that space is very strong but hard to do.

4) Korea planes is there a definate way to get two bombs from one plane thats not elite?
Yes, it involves timing so the plane fires as the target is just moving out of range (this can be due to flying over terrain sometimes) then the plane fires again because it still has ammo loaded. This works with harriers too, its just a glitch.

Target a moving tank and the missiles spread. With good timing you can get each missile to fire alone but this often glitches the dread so it cant move.

Ctrl shift running or move away and press S repeatedly dodge planes.

Only happens on certain terrain, most common when miners are dropping ore. You can't make this happen everywhere.

Chronoshift will move your boat and leave squid dead. Dolphin is easy enough usually.

#24 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:46 PM

Try shifting 9 tanks at once to hit the entire shift area. Usually you don't wanna shift your own units on theirs tho.

2) Same with buildings
U can't shift on buildings if that's what u mean. be careful shifting your own units on top of an opponent MCV, if they deploy it as you shift all your units will vanish instead of appearing.

Alt the flying tank with another one of ur units and it will go underneath. Automag + move away will get chasing tanks to drop on each other. Building wall or tank bunker as enemy drops onto that space is very strong but hard to do.

Yes, it involves timing so the plane fires as the target is just moving out of range (this can be due to flying over terrain sometimes) then the plane fires again because it still has ammo loaded. This works with harriers too, its just a glitch.

Target a moving tank and the missiles spread. With good timing you can get each missile to fire alone but this often glitches the dread so it cant move.

Ctrl shift running or move away and press S repeatedly dodge planes.

Only happens on certain terrain, most common when miners are dropping ore. You can't make this happen everywhere.

Chronoshift will move your boat and leave squid dead. Dolphin is easy enough usually.

Thanks adam very helpful...

#25 PATRIOT15

PATRIOT15

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • XWIS Name: PATR1OT

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:12 PM

I heared that Plane can be also mantained in the Naval Yard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users