#26 PATRIOT15

PATRIOT15

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • XWIS Name: PATR1OT

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:36 AM

I figure that people can notice how to control dogs, but cant explain that good.

#27 offline

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • XWIS Name: a

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:59 PM

on isle for example:

x1 x2 y

my dog is the "y" 99% of times it will autoatack x1, while x2 will eat it. ra2 is full of small hard-to-see lil details like this.

#28 slicky

slicky

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:39 PM

One trick I used to use on maps that are fairly open is that I would have my dogs cross each other's paths. For example on dune patrol i send each dog to the nearest corner then have them cross each other around mid. When this happens, you need to be alert because your opponents dogs will chase one of yours. Then you pull that dog back into the path of your 2nd dog and you win the dog fight without having to risk losing any dogs.

#29 Chrisev

Chrisev

CnCSaga Staff since 2009

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9132 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrisev

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:29 PM

the secret is "S" and a little luck ;)

#30 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:59 PM

hunk your logic makes no sense considering the dog in guard mode will auto attack any NEAREST DOG by default if you understand the layout of ra2's terrain cells dog control becomes much easier.

#31 caseybob

caseybob

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:49 AM

hunk your logic makes no sense considering the dog in guard mode will auto attack any NEAREST DOG by default if you understand the layout of ra2's terrain cells dog control becomes much easier.

Can't say I've ever studied RA2 terrain cells, are you referring to how there are just some places on some maps where dogs can't eat? Like isle of war if you send a dog hugging the cliff it will get thru 9/10? Snow valley the same?

#32 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:09 PM

Can't say I've ever studied RA2 terrain cells, are you referring to how there are just some places on some maps where dogs can't eat? Like isle of war if you send a dog hugging the cliff it will get thru 9/10? Snow valley the same?

Im talking the way the gird for terrain is laid out ... the terrain is made up of isometric tiles. If i would have my dog near the cliff side on isle of war it would eat your dog, but most players place their dog in the middle of the path and thats the reason why your dog has a chance to get past it.

#33 offline

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • XWIS Name: a

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:52 AM

it will target the FAREST dog becuz it happened many times ik wat im talkin about

but if its random then its about 70% sure.

#34 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:26 AM

know where players place their dogs on each map... when i play players on RvR heck they move their dogs the same way after we re... so i try to pick up on my opponent knowing where he places his dogs... ive played you on rvr a thousand times and i know how you move your dogs and i eat them 70% of the time ... probably more.. also theres simply places where i KNOW players' dogs will move through or where they will place them.. such as on country swing u know people might place their dog at the hill.. my suggestion is make ur dog stop and slowly go forward until it starts chasing something in the shroud... then move it back.. although scouting with your finger on the "s" button is also a good idea.. i usually do that when im cming on heck cause i know about when people's dogs are going to be so i just move forward a few cells.. hit s... move forward.. s... etc.. although some games i dont bother with anti and i jus go forward, move back, if a dog chases i go around it.. but on urban rush its mostly luck imo.. and ctrl shifting into the shroud sucks hard, ive tried it and im much more happy simply controlling 3 dogs at once..

#35 xact

xact

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:07 PM

and be lucky sometimes :p

+1 :)

#36 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

+1 :)

K I guess my dogs are simply the most luckiest around then... :cool:

#37 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:00 PM

Just turn your fog on.

#38 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:15 AM

+1

that sux m8 trust me

#39 xact

xact

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:01 PM

K I guess my dogs are simply the most luckiest around then... :cool:

You're god of dog-handling? :D

edit: dog control (dc) :)

Edited by aStar4u, 24 March 2010 - 08:02 PM.

#40 truefeel

truefeel

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:07 PM

There is no trick. All you can is target the other dog or let your dog do it by itself and hope for the best.

#41 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:05 AM

100% there is trick

#42 truefeel

truefeel

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:34 AM

100% there is trick

No that's just luck and statistic misinterpretation. Things like guard, "s", etc has no influence on the frequency one dog bites the other if both dogs targetted eachother.

#43 xact

xact

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:20 AM

I dont think that there is a trick... All you need i luck...

#44 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

feed them bonzo n keep them running

#45 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

There's no need for S (stop) or G (guard mode). Though they are useful at some parts. Truefeel is wrong there is a trick(s) to get your dogs kicking ****.

#46 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

Imo, dodging and luring works best. Also, I'm pretty sure that dogs can't attack on bridges, so if you want to antiscout, don't put them there, put them at the entrance.

#47 noobLit

noobLit

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

Yea dogs just dance around on bridges......

#48 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

I figured out how to win 95% of my dog battles on yr. And if you dont believe me, ask anyone I played with(if there still around) there are a few dog tricks. I might tell them eventually, but main ones are.....
Positioning,
And moving/set in.packs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users