23 replies to this topic

#1 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:03 AM

I was thinking last night, one issue that was never talked about was the point filter.

Currently the point filter is at 250.

For JUST yuris revenge, could the point filter be moved up to 300?

I say this because that obviously gives few more games at times, but its not that much of a radical adjustment to where a vote is needed. 50 points, is just a few added games here and there.

At times there is only 34 people on yuris revenge, games are getting extremely hard to come by. The general person I talk to says they don't qm becuase they don't like to wait.

Adding 50 points to the point filter is a very minor change that can boost amount of games by a little.

And for those against, at one point xwis was always a 300 point filter.

#2 thomas338

thomas338

Sun Wukong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11381 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:11 AM

sounds gd

#3 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:19 AM

Thank you, community needs voice opinion asap, as qm changes in 14 hours I believe. If a good solid backing of the community agrees, then the admins should have np implementing this.

Here is the activity I'm talking about.

Attached Files

• Attached File  gg.jpg   86.33KB   76 downloads

#4 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:38 AM

why should there be a filter? :/, if you dont win, man up

much quicker games :) plus dont we all play the game just for fun? if not then :/ im sorry

#5 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts
  • XWIS Name: reano

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:41 AM

much quicker games :) plus dont we all play the game just for fun? if not then :/ im sorry

Yeah no filter for rank busting would make it more fun..... but the opposite would also be bad in that those who are real new would be getting matched with the top players.

Also on top that is the shield. Can this be independent of superweapons?

Ray

#6 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:48 AM

new players shouldnt be playing qm, but if they do ohwell :D, anyway qms are impossible to find at the end of the month if you havent played any all month, its silly

anyone that owns the new players should tell them to get practice then come back, whats the problem? also maybe the scoring system should be different, just maybe a set score for a win. but im sure that wouldnt work tehe

#7 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:37 AM

300 sounds good

#8 AwaZ

AwaZ

Demon Hunter

• ST Retirees
  • 12484 posts
  • XWIS Name: AwaZ

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:40 AM

Ra2 is 300 atm, I thought YR was the same?

#9 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:41 AM

no YR has always been slightly less

#10 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:49 AM

much quicker games smile.gif plus dont we all play the game just for fun? if not then :/ im sorry

No one wants to play for +1 or -60 mate. How would you feel if you were rank 1 900 points, got matched with player afdjkfdj45 and he engied ur conyard, alted your war factory, and won 60 points from you?

Also on top that is the shield. Can this be independent of superweapons?

Almost positive no, and I dont think many would want it anyway...

new players shouldnt be playing qm, but if they do ohwell

Naw man, qm is the easiest way to learn. Admittedly if you are brand new to the game, you may want to identify yourself with the units. But once you understand what each unit does, qm is easiest way to learn the game.

nyway qms are impossible to find at the end of the month if you havent played any all month, its silly

Mate, it's exact opposite, lol. When your in ranks like 2-15 you can only match about 30 people, most of which are the same individuals. At least when you are around 0-500 you will almost always get a qm within 15 minutes.

Ra2 is 300 atm, I thought YR was the same?

Crazy! Ra2 with more people has 300, and yr with less people has 250! Crazy!

300 seems to be a great number for yr qm. Even 350 wouldn't be awful, but then we'd be in the range of +7/-52 ish lol.

It's also important to note that ra2 has a create a tourney feature, while there is none on yr. So the point filter is a lifeblood on yr compared to ra2.

Edited by XXxPrePxX, 30 June 2009 - 11:09 AM.

#11 kickyou73

kickyou73

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:21 AM

Good idea. So few players the points filter wants to be as large as possible. I would risk 60p for 1 if it means not watching rows of dots for 30 minutes just to get a game :)

Edited by kickyou73, 30 June 2009 - 11:22 AM.

#12 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:40 AM

I think 300 is perfect because 300 is good enough to where rank 1 cant just bash newbs to be rank 1.

#13 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:04 PM

I think 300 is perfect because 300 is good enough to where rank 1 cant just bash newbs to be rank 1.

But the opposite is also true 'Alledged' newbs can bash you...... You want games? Then no filter is the way... Instant match up with who ever is on.

I think what we should all agree is a code of conduct e.g. don't laugh at the loser, encourage them to play better by giving people tips who you beat, etc.

If you do this the people tend to come back and play you to see if they are improving...

Im up for no filter... Cause if Im away at work and can only play at end of the month dont want to have to wait 15 minutes for a game or even more...

#14 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:22 PM

The problem with no filter is, there is no way in hell I see it being implemented within the next 14 hours. 300 points seems to be perfect.

I'd go with 300.

Having no point filter would get reallyy eh after the first 2 months, yes you will get games, but most people don't always want games vs kids they beat with 3 rhino tanks. It's nice to be at the top having competition to play, rather then having to bail random newbs.

Theres just alot going againstt having a no point filter. 300 will enable more games then current, while still maintaining a good points range. It will be around +10/-54 with 300 pts filter

#15 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:09 PM

Theres just alot going againstt having a no point filter. 300 will enable more games then current, while still maintaining a good points range. It will be around +10/-54 with 300 pts filter

Cool go with what ever but I don't think there are enough players on yr for the 300 to make that much difference but I'll go with anything....

#16 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13496 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:50 PM

Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge have the exact same formula, but it's not a fixed one. It's like 10 / 8 * A + 125 < B where A is the player with less points.

#17 evlkn1ght

evlkn1ght

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:33 AM

300 is fine by me.

#18 t3h J3w

t3h J3w

Co-founder of -NRA-

• Members
  • 14598 posts
  • XWIS Name: AaSovJ3w

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:31 AM

YR needs to move to a 500 pt filter. Just get on any night (Canada or U.S.) and it's impossible to get a qm withouting waiting 1 hour.

#19 Babak

Babak

Commander

• Bounty Hunters
  • 13030 posts
  • XWIS Name: Babak

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:26 PM

Hmm. Sounds like 300 points is a good idea.

#20 krim

krim

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6373 posts
  • XWIS Name: KriM

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:46 PM

it would be cool if we could adjust our own point filter with minimum being 300 but that would require both players to do it and many people wouldn't go to control panel and do it

#21 MiamiStyle

MiamiStyle

Lieutenant

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:34 PM

500 pts, i waited last night 3 hours for a qm.

#22 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • 18212 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:39 PM

Yeah, YR shouldn't have a filter anymore...

#23 Chrisev

Chrisev

CnCSaga Staff since 2009

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9129 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrisev

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

I confirm that's not easy to having games when you are into the top 10 of YR, but after change the pts filter will not added more players :(

#24 Alb3rt

Alb3rt

Sed0na Clan Vs. ST community

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • XWIS Name: aWarNoob1

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:00 AM

I dont know. I agree with prep.

oh......just checked how old this post is. Anyways I think it should still be raised right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users