#1 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:45 AM

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=152877

why dont we jut do what i stated in first place, just do it, for a month, and people can complain in topics here and we can fix it from that

i dont think its this hard community, maybe st admin can put hammer down and say "F*** IT" were going to go with this one or another.

this yr qm renovation has come to a hault, might as well do mine since the effort is there, im an intelligent player, i know somewhat what i am doing, i understand there is a good 10% of population that doesnt want so many maps, but hell, cant please everyone.

i for one, say lets just go with it, put mine in effect, filter through the problems as they come. the effort and intelligence is there, the execution will not be 100% becuase the community has 100 diff opinions on the way it should be, but in my proposal i feel i get a decent majority, and in the long term, it will make it fun for all.

#2 DryFeet

DryFeet

joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:24 AM

I think you've got it pretty much spot on. The only thing that's clearly gonna be annoying is some of the maps you put in vs yuri: heck, ttg and sov land? Sov land was just removed from qm vs yuri because it was so unfair/easy for them to camp naval on the cliff. Maps like ttg that are full of cliffs are just gonna be plain unfair; how are you gonna stop your miners from getting magged? I think all 6 of the maps you want to remove from yuri combat are fairer than about half the ones you're adding. I think you should rethink and edit some of them from your original post, but other than that I think your month's trial ASAP proposal would be a great idea.

#3 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:16 PM

well you see, the reason i put TTG in there is because of the oil derricks. Lets say its the classic iraq vs yuri (im not gonna get into allieds vs yuri), iraq SHOULD have a good chance to get the majority of the oil dericks number 1.

number 2, the fact that yuri miners can go anywhere is diminished by your eco + the fact you can pretty much build anywhere.

The deso will help with the cliffs

and the fact you can get like 4 war factories when the yuri iss just teched is a huge advantage

id rather play yuri on TTG then on nearly any other map as long as im Iraq. and even allies to an extent

the cliffs are bad, but ONLY bad if ur losing the game

its a very easy map to split in three ways

sov land on other hand, i duno what i was thinking

EDIT: But this will be the last time i discuss things, all these discussions are doing is leading us into debates and arguements and this and that, lets just Doooooooo it.

Edited by leigz, 12 May 2009 - 03:16 PM.

#4 Cxx2

Cxx2

The Butcher =]

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:56 AM

tbh ive never thought sov land was that hard map vs yr, most yrs mvoe to mid n i deploy my war at first oil in prefect timing by that time they have barracks thats it... just get dogs on the cliff to eat there engis and deso at there mierns n its gg :S and if yuri doesnt u can eat him quite easily. Prep have u actually tried TTG vs a gd yr? i think you should if you have the chance ur a good player and should put it into practice first. Im not too sure about that one.

#5 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:38 AM

rep have u actually tried TTG vs a gd yr? i think you should if you have the chance ur a good player and should put it into practice first. Im not too sure about that one.

I respect your opinion, but im not going to answer, the debates have dried out TOO long now, and to be honest, the answer I will give you is this:

Find fair maps for vs. yuri then.

THERE IS BARELY ANY!!!! I dont mean caps in flame, i mean caps in intensity, there is none, i tried looking myself, its ridiculous, vs. yuri your 98% of the time going to be at a disadvantage due to map.

The reason i implied TTG was because i could get 75% of the oil dericks on it vs. a yuri player, similar to sahara mirage

its also key to note sov land will only be avy

im sorry i took the bite

1. Happy trails // SvY AvY

I duno here, its still a tough one, but give me this over dune/blood/hidden valley any day, fight over ore with desos, rhinos, or mirages/prisms instead of sell mcv rush on dune/blood and go for all, or sit and camp on hidden valley

2. Head for the Hills // SvY AvY

-Overall I think this is one of the better maps, i dont think anyone should have any negative things to say about this one being added.

3. Soverign Land // AvY
- With it being AvY, it gives allies ability to camp just as well as yuri while eating ore/gems, with no supers (since my proposal turns sw off in avy combat), it would give allies a great chance methinks.

4. Brink of disaster // AvY

5. Mt Olympus // AvY

6. Paris revisited // SvY AvY

7. Snowballs chance // SvY AvY
8. Tanyas training grounds // SvY AvY

9. Tower of power // SvY AvY
10. Arena 33 forever // SvY AvY
11. Bridging the gap // SvY AvY

12. Defcon 6 // SvY AvY
While many would say yuris miners have advantage to get to middle, id rather have yuris miners outside of his base to kill then hiding in his base.

13. Malibu cliffs // SvY AvY
- probably the best possible situation in my mind to vs. yuri.

14. Heck freezes over // AvY SvY
- Heck is just a bad **** fair map for all, yuri would still have a big time advantage here due to miners going anywhere, but once again, id rather have yuris miners locating outside of his base, or if he did perhaps MOVE to middle, id rather him sitting in middle while i control whole map.

15. Double trouble // AvY

16. East vs Best // AvY
- I think this is a great situation for allies.

the rest i just posted for opinions, i duno man ****, this is the HARDEST thing about the proposal, everything else is simple, i dont see whats so terrible abotu any of these maps being added, it would certaintly make it 10x more interesting for a few months.

#6 Cxx2

Cxx2

The Butcher =]

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:22 PM

I respect your opinion, but im not going to answer, the debates have dried out TOO long now, and to be honest, the answer I will give you is this:

Find fair maps for vs. yuri then.

THERE IS BARELY ANY!!!! I dont mean caps in flame, i mean caps in intensity, there is none, i tried looking myself, its ridiculous, vs. yuri your 98% of the time going to be at a disadvantage due to map.

The reason i implied TTG was because i could get 75% of the oil dericks on it vs. a yuri player, similar to sahara mirage

its also key to note sov land will only be avy

im sorry i took the bite

1. Happy trails // SvY AvY

I duno here, its still a tough one, but give me this over dune/blood/hidden valley any day, fight over ore with desos, rhinos, or mirages/prisms instead of sell mcv rush on dune/blood and go for all, or sit and camp on hidden valley

2. Head for the Hills // SvY AvY

-Overall I think this is one of the better maps, i dont think anyone should have any negative things to say about this one being added.

3. Soverign Land // AvY
- With it being AvY, it gives allies ability to camp just as well as yuri while eating ore/gems, with no supers (since my proposal turns sw off in avy combat), it would give allies a great chance methinks.

4. Brink of disaster // AvY

5. Mt Olympus // AvY

6. Paris revisited // SvY AvY

7. Snowballs chance // SvY AvY
8. Tanyas training grounds // SvY AvY

9. Tower of power // SvY AvY
10. Arena 33 forever // SvY AvY
11. Bridging the gap // SvY AvY

12. Defcon 6 // SvY AvY
While many would say yuris miners have advantage to get to middle, id rather have yuris miners outside of his base to kill then hiding in his base.

13. Malibu cliffs // SvY AvY
- probably the best possible situation in my mind to vs. yuri.

14. Heck freezes over // AvY SvY
- Heck is just a bad **** fair map for all, yuri would still have a big time advantage here due to miners going anywhere, but once again, id rather have yuris miners locating outside of his base, or if he did perhaps MOVE to middle, id rather him sitting in middle while i control whole map.

15. Double trouble // AvY

16. East vs Best // AvY
- I think this is a great situation for allies.

the rest i just posted for opinions, i duno man ****, this is the HARDEST thing about the proposal, everything else is simple, i dont see whats so terrible abotu any of these maps being added, it would certaintly make it 10x more interesting for a few months.

I wasnt contradicting i was just questioning whether you had tried it and yea i understand most maps r gna be !"£$ vs yr but i say chuck some in mix things up a little n if tis horrible fix it later lol

#7 Cxx2

Cxx2

The Butcher =]

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:52 PM

Sov land SVY shuld never have been taken out. im a sov player and i found it one of the esbt maps to combat yuri on.

#8 evlkn1ght

evlkn1ght

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:45 PM

admins lets listen to prep plz.... and get a trial run up asap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users