#1 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:41 PM

Hi everyone :)

In this topic we would appreciate any comments regarding the maps currently being considered for inclusion in the new QM map patch :)

The map list, images, selection votes and a voter's poll can be found here

This topic will be closely monitored, all feedback will be considered, and we will make "official" updates to the discussion regularily. Please participate!

Edited by rumblesom, 04 May 2009 - 05:43 PM.

#2 Chrisev

Chrisev

CnCSaga Staff since 2009

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9132 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrisev

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:04 AM

Tournament map Q in :cool:

#3 Pompski

Pompski

Emilio's Owner

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19855 posts
  • XWIS Name: Pomp

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:40 AM

Just chuck them all in! They all look pretty good ;)

#4 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:52 AM

So far the response has been very positive, with many replies giving approval to all 15 listed maps! Voters have tended to support the inclusion of more maps rather than fewer, setting the current number to be included at 10.

A couple concerns have been raised however:

1) Regarding tourny map Q: an elite korea player has remarked that games on this map may be reduced to a camp war. Reason being the two entrance points on either side of the middle lake- I would appreciate any other feedback regarding this issue.

2) Regarding the map Roundhouse Kick: it has been suggested this map gives significant advantage to both America and France. For America, the middle ridges may provide too great an oppurtunity for devastating paradrops; and for France, the ability to build cannons either on the ridge(increasing the already extreme range) and/or at the narrow entrance points to each players' base. Again, I would appreciate any other feedback concerning these issues.

My own view is that a rapidly multiwarfing soviet player should be able to overcome the camp challenge of tourny Q, and that the relatively small land mass from which both players start on Roundhouse Kick will allow soviet players to put immeadite pressure on a cannon-inclined France player.

please post your own thoughts!

Please remember to vote here and if you haven't yet downloaded the patch it can be found here

ty :)

Edited by rumblesom, 05 May 2009 - 09:17 PM.

#5 tom2cool

tom2cool

b00 ya!

• Members
  • 11168 posts
  • XWIS Name: c0oL4tom

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:45 PM

Put all the maps in. And after a trial if some suck, remove them

#6 CptSwifty

CptSwifty

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:29 AM

on roundhouse a sov may be able to apply early pressure. but it only takes one air field and no war factory for an allied france player to stop the advance. but yeah the main concern is the location of that ore patch. in the way to the entrance to the base. it's gonna slow up tanks and infantry like no other.. and nobody attacking anybody weather it be sovs vs sovs or sovs vs allies enjoys beings slowed up by an ore field weather it's an early rush or a late in the game standard attack, this map also decreases the uses of tc in that narrow, your only way to avoid the ore is to go single file around it.. and that is suicide.

Edited by CptSwifty, 06 May 2009 - 08:33 AM.

#7 Monkee

Monkee

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • XWIS Name: tank7

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:04 PM

it has navy...

I've played all the maps several times, bytheway.

also, soviets aren't as helpless against paradrops, cliff camping, or any allied tactic as seems to have been suggested. France would be lame but France has always been lame. Cliff camping would only be a problem for a lazy or incompetent soviet player (and besides, deso destroys every allied unit, on or off cliffs).

Edited by Monkee, 06 May 2009 - 04:15 PM.

#8 TimmyJohn

TimmyJohn

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1332 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:47 PM

all those custom maps look fun to play, id give them a go :)

#9 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:27 AM

Put all the maps in. And after a trial if some suck, remove them

agreed, just some new maps for a change would be great :)

#10 Pompski

Pompski

Emilio's Owner

• Strike Team
  • 19855 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

I also agree with tom and grant ;)

#11 Tommi

Tommi

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:00 AM

I agree with Pomp. And all the others. New maps would be good.

#12 Gyroscopic

Gyroscopic

F(r)iend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3465 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:52 PM

needs the 1.007 roundhouse kick :/ paras/base walk on the cliff=dull

#13 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:38 AM

needs the 1.007 roundhouse kick :/ paras/base walk on the cliff=dull

Indeed, many concerns have been raised over the pitfalls of westwood's Roundhouse Kick map, and so it will likely not be included in the intial release of the new patch. I will look into the viability of including the 1.007 version- thank you for bringing this to my attention :)

In regard to the votes for inclusion of all new maps: thanks for your support! Its great to see so many people wanting new maps available in the QM! At this time it's likely we will only include a maximum of 10 new maps in the intial patch release, however we are working to make this patch easily updatable, and if after the launch many people continue to support the inclusion of even more maps, the rest will then be added.

The reason we are not likely to include the full 15 at first is to address one of the main challenges which faced the continued use of the old map patch; that being the inclusion of too many new maps. Many whom gave the old patch a try complained that competitive play was compromised by the the inclusion of too many maps relative to the frequency with which players were matched on them. We are hoping to bring forth a patch that people enjoy, and can adapt to in a reasonable amount of time. Although as I have said, if it is found significant support remains for the inclusion of more maps, they can and will be added at a later time.

thanks again for all the support and discussion of the new map patch!

Here is the code by which the image in my signature can be linked to the patch launcher:

[url="http://ra2maps.net/patch/launcher.exe"][img]http://files.zzattack.org/images/qmpatchsig.gif[/img][/url]

#14 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:07 AM

Behold! The QM Patch Billboard!

Coming soon to a QM near you!

please open the image to see a rotation of all the proposed maps and their respective names :)

PS: thanks to Grant for designing this awesome image :)

Attached Files

#15 PiNeRs!!!

PiNeRs!!!

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:29 PM

put all maps in for fun!

#16 Skable

Skable

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

put all maps in for fun!

#17 Gyroscopic

Gyroscopic

F(r)iend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3465 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:54 PM

sure! while we are at it, why not stick on 10 units, crates and throw in a few random killy paradrops. you know...for the fun :)

#18 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:05 PM

put lost temple into qm!!! weeee im sure don knows what map i mean, she also loved that map from what i remember :cool2:

#19 DonCarlo

DonCarlo

Omertan

• ST Retirees
  • 18264 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:05 AM

put lost temple into qm!!! weeee im sure don knows what map i mean, she also loved that map from what i remember :cool2:

:cool: memories.....

Ok we are going to be promoting this patch so all those who are up for it plz make sure you have it installed so that new ppl coming on board have ppl to play with that already have it

#20 SovForce1

SovForce1

Comrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts
  • XWIS Name: Buffalo

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:22 AM

KWl can u do the yr qm 2 now lol

#21 Pompski

Pompski

Emilio's Owner

• Strike Team
  • 19855 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:11 AM

KWl can u do the yr qm 2 now lol

Have you guys decided yet?

Discuss it in the appropriate topics :cool:

#22 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:38 PM

gyro what happened to your sig "raise settings" instead of "lower"

and for round house kick ... get to know final alert a bit better ;) and fill em cliffs up with rocks O.o or something to block building on em and para... simple?

#23 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:02 PM

Can we get matched on the new maps in qm with others that have this patch? Haven't seen anyone on the ladder getting matched on the new maps.

#24 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:27 PM

Can we get matched on the new maps in qm with others that have this patch? Haven't seen anyone on the ladder getting matched on the new maps.

stay tuned- very shortly (next couple of days we're hoping) the QM map patch will be implemented in the QM! There will be a sort 'grand opening' when this is set to occur- at that time I will update all discussion topics with the specifics of the final map patch and how it will affect the QM of those who have it installed. :)

#25 HardBall

HardBall

Captain

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1752 posts
  • XWIS Name: FairPlyr

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:19 PM

I don't like the new launcher... Please put back the "hit any key to continue" option so I can close the cmd window and launch my XGS instead...

OR make your launcher launch XGS also... That would be even better...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users