102 replies to this topic

#101 caseybob

caseybob

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:09 AM

I don't have enough knowledge to give any of these proposals a full review, but I must point out one thing:

Any yuri vs allied on a small map is a free win for yuri if he initiate rushes(and brings his miner). This includes Dry Heat(T v B), which it appears is going to make it into the map renovation. I'm well aware that anti scouting should stop this initiate rush, but unfortunately many people who use yuri maphack and will continue to maphack. This is the reality of the situation and should be adapted to.

Overall, I'm glad the Yuri faction is finally being forced to use a "command and conquer" type of strategy on the majority of maps. Currently its more like "entitlement and inheritance" where each side is given equal resources, but then once those run out yuri is given free money via his genetic mutater. I'm intrigued to see how this renovation will change yuris revenge. I'm guessing that yuris revenge activity will increase 3 fold for the first few months of this renovation and hopefully it will sustain that increase.

#102 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:16 AM

Any yuri vs allied on a small map is a free win for yuri if he initiate rushes(and brings his miner). This includes Dry Heat(T v B), which it appears is going to make it into the map renovation

In my proposal dry heat is tooken out, for reasons like this, but for the biggest reason beign magnetron over gems.

#103 caseybob

caseybob

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:11 AM

In my proposal dry heat is tooken out, for reasons like this, but for the biggest reason beign magnetron over gems.

Yes I am well aware you took it out and I voted for your proposal because of that and you took out Hidden Valley and Dust Bowl as well. That being said, I don't think teh jew's proposal is that bad; you and him pretty much came to a consensus which is great. You guys are both trying to force Yuri players into having to play a non-camp/supers style of game which is great. The reason RA2 is superior to the current YR is RA2 forces players to spread to new ore and protect large areas of the map which requires supreme micromanagement. Yuri faction maps seem to have split resources allowing for an easy turtle. I foresee many cat and mouse games between Magnetron's and Harriers/Black Eagles in the future ;) Cat and Mouse games are the epitome of micromanagement :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users