#26 t3h J3w

t3h J3w

Co-founder of -NRA-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14598 posts
  • XWIS Name: AaSovJ3w

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:58 PM

so when are the maps gonna change? because QM is an absolute joke. i enjoy playing vs yuri players, but everytime i qm a yr player i get the gayest unbalanced maps favouring yr. i get bloodfued, then dune, then bloofued again, then hidden valley, then dune patrol again. its just a complete waste of time and makes me not even want to play. you dont even need to do alot of work with qm. remove around 5-6 unbalanced **** maps, and add a bunch to give it a variety.

Easier said than done. Name some good maps to play Yuri on.

#27 TimmyJohn

TimmyJohn

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1332 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:13 PM

makes sense. Done.

he says oceanside is a avy map because he wants to build robot tanks lol!

#28 t3h J3w

t3h J3w

Co-founder of -NRA-

• Members
  • 14598 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:34 AM

lol makes sense.

#29 evlkn1ght

evlkn1ght

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:05 AM

as a note almost all the ppl who have said yes have their main cnc game as ra2. so that reduces the yes's to teh jew and 1 other person?

i vote overwhelming no.

qm needs a vast variety of maps to play on for everyone, theres like 2 yr ppl against tony's propsal, giving it overwhelming majority, enough of this already. by introducing 100 counterproposals it is stalling and will be the final dagger for yuri.

do tony's proposal, after a month or so we can come back and see how its going. if we take out 5 of his maps we still have a zillion new ones which ppl would be k with. if ppl dont like 5 of this map list now we have hardly any new maps and nothing would be accomplished.

#30 t3h J3w

t3h J3w

Co-founder of -NRA-

• Members
  • 14598 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:26 AM

as a note almost all the ppl who have said yes have their main cnc game as ra2. so that reduces the yes's to teh jew and 1 other person?

i vote overwhelming no.

qm needs a vast variety of maps to play on for everyone, theres like 2 yr ppl against tony's propsal, giving it overwhelming majority, enough of this already. by introducing 100 counterproposals it is stalling and will be the final dagger for yuri.

do tony's proposal, after a month or so we can come back and see how its going. if we take out 5 of his maps we still have a zillion new ones which ppl would be k with. if ppl dont like 5 of this map list now we have hardly any new maps and nothing would be accomplished.

My yuri maps are about the same number as his.

And btw, Tony suggested that Oceanside only be included AvY, but in his own proposal it says "all." That's the kind of carelessness you're dealing with. One of the reasons I can't accept his proposal.

#31 AfC

AfC

Batman Returns!

• Donators
  • 10678 posts
  • XWIS Name: Magnet

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:14 AM

I like this proposal - lots of thought and initiative been put in, let's go with this 1!

#32 SovForce1

SovForce1

Comrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts
  • XWIS Name: Buffalo

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:06 AM

ur map list is ****ing **** id rather go with tony and have more maps u dont have **** all maps to be added boring il pass bro

#33 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:31 PM

My yuri maps are about the same number as his.

And btw, Tony suggested that Oceanside only be included AvY, but in his own proposal it says "all." That's the kind of carelessness you're dealing with. One of the reasons I can't accept his proposal.

Because Your proposal has yuri on top in alot of scenario's, yuri actually has a disadvantage vs allied on oceanside, in middle,Late game.

Soviet vs yuri would be hard on here, but if your proposal were to go through its already hard enough on the soviet player.

#34 CnC3Halo

CnC3Halo

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:16 PM

Replace it!

I would rather just disagree with the whole thing and say no then. If i disagree with something in your list which a few others have also then YOU replace it, it is your proposal and i am really not sure if we should be having someone like you make the decisions ;)

#35 tom2cool

tom2cool

b00 ya!

• Members
  • 11168 posts
  • XWIS Name: c0oL4tom

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

bail yuri simple

#36 t3h J3w

t3h J3w

Co-founder of -NRA-

• Members
  • 14598 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:36 PM

I would rather just disagree with the whole thing and say no then. If i disagree with something in your list which a few others have also then YOU replace it, it is your proposal and i am really not sure if we should be having someone like you make the decisions ;)

That is where you're wrong. It's not my proposal. It's the YR QM proposal. Up to the YR players to figure out what they want.

That's the difference between mine and Tony's. He just listed a bunch of maps he'd like to play. I listed maps I think YR players will like. ;)

ur map list is ****ing **** id rather go with tony and have more maps u dont have **** all maps to be added boring il pass bro

Not that this post warrants a reply, but what would you like to see specifically?

Edited by t3h J3w, 01 April 2009 - 10:37 PM.

#37 evlkn1ght

evlkn1ght

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:29 PM

the ppl who player yuri have nearly almost all agreed on tony's proposal, your 1 of the lonely few who dont like it, so now uve stalled the whole process with a much weaker proposal.

Don accept tony's proposal it has a vast majority on board.

#38 t3h J3w

t3h J3w

Co-founder of -NRA-

• Members
  • 14598 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:51 PM

would you stop spewing your nonsense all over?

#39 TimmyJohn

TimmyJohn

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1332 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:03 AM

the ppl who player yuri have nearly almost all agreed on tony's proposal, your 1 of the lonely few who dont like it, so now uve stalled the whole process with a much weaker proposal.

Don accept tony's proposal it has a vast majority on board.

Don't you understand? don will re-open a poll to vote for the proposals and if they have to many no's its back to square one.

Edited by TimmyJohn, 02 April 2009 - 12:03 AM.

#40 evlkn1ght

evlkn1ght

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:13 AM

well ffs lets do it for both already.

making sure ra2 ppl are excluded.

#41 Cxx2

Cxx2

The Butcher =]

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:40 AM

Maps to be eliminated from Yuri battles (yvy,yvs,yva):

-Urban rush
-Dustbowl
-Dune Patrol: YvA
-BF: YvA

Why remove dustbowl i always find this is a decent map for vs yuri as u can garrison buildings around and give urself that extra priotection to camp for cheaper and its quite easy to stop yuri even getting his oils on this map, i find playing a yuri player easier on dustbowl than HV or Off Deff which yuri is very strong on. But i wouldnt like 2 see them removed either. Urban i understand and dune because there jsut isnt teh resources for a battle with yuri but i think dustbowl there is.

Maps to be be removed from battles which don't involve yuri (svs,ava,avs):

-Anytown Amerika

Unsure whether to remove:

-Paris revisited

I dont think Paris should be removed either u always have gg's here no matter what faction is involved fair enough if uts top middle vs bottom middle its hard on bottom to start with but tis bareable.

Second point u said remove anytown? ill assume the problem you have with anytown is the fact 1 side starts with mass gems and the other side has 2 get his afterwards. What i dont understand about your point is you have said nothing about Lake blitzen which is the exact same scenario, if you have a point to explain this please do as i cant see the difference.

Cheers

Edited by rtslegend, 02 April 2009 - 06:56 AM.

#42 SovForce1

SovForce1

Comrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:55 AM

more maps!!!!!!
add all the maps from tonys topic avs ava svs iam happy

Edited by SovForce1, 02 April 2009 - 11:00 AM.

#43 CnC3Halo

CnC3Halo

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:11 PM

-Urban rush
-Dustbowl

Why remove dustbowl i always find this is a decent map for vs yuri as u can garrison buildings around and give urself that extra priotection to camp for cheaper and its quite easy to stop yuri even getting his oils on this map, i find playing a yuri player easier on dustbowl than HV or Off Deff which yuri is very strong on. But i wouldnt like 2 see them removed either. Urban i understand and dune because there jsut isnt teh resources for a battle with yuri but i think dustbowl there is.

-Anytown Amerika

-Paris revisited

I dont think Paris should be removed either u always have gg's here no matter what faction is involved fair enough if uts top middle vs bottom middle its hard on bottom to start with but tis bareable.

Second point u said remove anytown? ill assume the problem you have with anytown is the fact 1 side starts with mass gems and the other side has 2 get his afterwards. What i dont understand about your point is you have said nothing about Lake blitzen which is the exact same scenario, if you have a point to explain this please do as i cant see the difference.

Cheers

Yeah i am going to have to agree with you on keeping Paris Revisited i have always had fun on that map and Dustbowl for yuri battles just make sure you garrison your buildings right away early. Anytown America? Every spot you have access to gems so i don't find that map TERRIBLE but i will just go with what the rest of you think, i wouldn't mind seeing it in there still.

Edited by CnC3Halo, 02 April 2009 - 07:12 PM.

#44 t3h J3w

t3h J3w

Co-founder of -NRA-

• Members
  • 14598 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:59 PM

-Urban rush
-Dustbowl

-Anytown Amerika

-Paris revisited

Cheers

TR on lake blitzen is less imbalanced because Bl can move to gems after making a war and camp pretty well. He can put sents by his top derrick or by gems, making it pretty easy to stop a rush. Then it balances out. He's also closer to the paradrop which is valuable. On Anytown, it's a smaller map. It's a lot easier for bottom to pressure tops miners on gems. Bottom gets gems straight away and a lot of them and never has to move mcv.

Dustbowl. A lot of people have wanted this map out and I'll tell you why. There are lots of buildings here. If yuri manages to garrison any building close to your base, it's game over. Mag + buildings are a hard combination. It also makes it harder to rush the yuri player and easier for him to camp and tech up.

Paris. I was only considering eliminating, but looks like a lot of people like it so it stays.

more maps!!!!!!
add all the maps from tonys topic avs ava svs iam happy

you want maps in? you going to have to name specific maps.

Edited by t3h J3w, 02 April 2009 - 08:59 PM.

#45 SovForce1

SovForce1

Comrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:38 AM

Maps to be added to battles which don't involve Yuri (svs,ava,avs) :

-Heck Freezes Over - kwl
-El Dorado <<<< WTF!!! <<<< a noob called 1stdecade plays this all the time lol he be trilled but wtf <<<<
-Malibu Cliffs - 2 huge
-Four Corners - kwl
-Hail Mary - ok
-Valley of Gems - awsme
-Bridging the Gap - ok
-Path beyond 2 - huuugest
-Twin Peaks - ok

let there be a fight - old wol qm map
Loaded barrel - same
Brink of disaster
Head for the hills
Mount olympus
Pacific heights - old qm map
Rockets red glare - u get a nuke on this 1 i think
SHrapnel mountain
Snowballs chance

^^ add them dude more maps the better ur list is 2 darn short but wat were u smoking when u typed El Dorado lol.

#46 Cxx2

Cxx2

The Butcher =]

• Duplicate account
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 05:33 PM

TR on lake blitzen is less imbalanced because Bl can move to gems after making a war and camp pretty well. He can put sents by his top derrick or by gems, making it pretty easy to stop a rush. Then it balances out. He's also closer to the paradrop which is valuable. On Anytown, it's a smaller map. It's a lot easier for bottom to pressure tops miners on gems. Bottom gets gems straight away and a lot of them and never has to move mcv.

Dustbowl. A lot of people have wanted this map out and I'll tell you why. There are lots of buildings here. If yuri manages to garrison any building close to your base, it's game over. Mag + buildings are a hard combination. It also makes it harder to rush the yuri player and easier for him to camp and tech up.

Paris. I was only considering eliminating, but looks like a lot of people like it so it stays.

you want maps in? you going to have to name specific maps.

ahh i see ur point with blitzen and anytown now because anytowns smaller yea i get that didnt think lol but tbh on anytown its a very similiar story 2 blitzen i think ud find mostpeople would agree, i think what you need to stop incorporating into ur map choice is possible strategies u have to look at teh maps economically and to a certain degree strategically, but not as much as ur doing, as for dustbowl if your playing vs a yuri player with thats the same skill level as you are you wouldnt let the buildings near ur base get taken. Unless its a complete noob theres no point rushing yuri on many maps.

#47 SovForce1

SovForce1

Comrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:12 AM

dustbowl is a easy map vs yuri unless u get a mapper like sunny then its not easy to engi eat or anti scout. i dont c y u removing dustbowl.

#48 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

dustbowl is kind of a stupid map tbh
games always end up lasting way too long on there, and it gets really boring dealing with camp for an hour

#49 Soviet93

Soviet93

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:23 PM

paris sucks imo :(

wtf ? lol

#50 AbRoMoV

AbRoMoV

Für immer frei und ungeteilt.