Photo

Removal Of Yuri Warfare From Qm

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

Poll: Remove Yuri From QM?

Yes Or No For Removal

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#126 AaSoVGoD

AaSoVGoD

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4319 posts
  • XWIS Name: AaSoVGoD

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:20 AM

In all brutal honesty, qm should be just like it was on Westwood. Right now the game is less active and boring. Reverting to back to westwoods map pool would make YR much more enjoyable, add tremenous replay value, variety, and most likely bring back more QMer's. If you notice YR was much more alive when the old maps were there. It's a delusion and false belief that taking out maps makes it more active and competitve when infact the opposite has happened.

Additionally, who in the world came up with these stupid recent QM's idea's such as Superweapons off in YvY match ups that make the game 3x as long than it actually should be, and other rediculous things like getting Sahara Mirage 3 times in a row when trying to find a QM?

The effort that was put in to keep this game running is well appreciated, but far from the game it once used to be. Fix your server, Olaf. It's making me laugh.

Edited by AaSoVGoD, 15 December 2009 - 07:29 AM.

#127 caseybob

caseybob

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:45 AM

In all brutal honesty, qm should be just like it was on Westwood. Right now the game is less active and boring. Reverting to back to westwoods map pool would make YR much more enjoyable, add tremenous replay value, variety, and most likely bring back more QMer's. If you notice YR was much more alive when the old maps were there. It's a delusion and false belief that taking out maps makes it more active and competitve when infact the opposite has happened.

Additionally, who in the world came up with these stupid recent QM's idea's such as Superweapons off in YvY match ups that make the game 3x as long than it actually should be, and other rediculous things like getting Sahara Mirage 3 times in a row when trying to find a QM?

The effort that was put in to keep this game running is well appreciated, but far from the game it once used to be. Fix your server, Olaf. It's making me laugh.

Dude, the game is losing popularity because it is 10 years old not because of anything xwis has done. The people on xwis now, for the most part, have probably been playing this game since the start and are what you would call serious players. RA2 is a faster paced game with more variables of control and more room to refine skill, which basically means that it takes more skill to play. Is it any surprise then that YR would die before RA2? RA2 is naturally a more competitive game and at this point in time we are going to have a higher percentage of hard core players playing quick match. YR quick match is really the only thing that is dead. There are plenty of people on YR, but they play TOE and Sedona. The competition is the only thing that has shifted to RA2, which, btw also got a recent change in maps.

#128 AaSoVGoD

AaSoVGoD

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4319 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:25 AM

Dude, the game is losing popularity because it is 10 years old not because of anything xwis has done. The people on xwis now, for the most part, have probably been playing this game since the start and are what you would call serious players. RA2 is a faster paced game with more variables of control and more room to refine skill, which basically means that it takes more skill to play. Is it any surprise then that YR would die before RA2? RA2 is naturally a more competitive game and at this point in time we are going to have a higher percentage of hard core players playing quick match. YR quick match is really the only thing that is dead. There are plenty of people on YR, but they play TOE and Sedona. The competition is the only thing that has shifted to RA2, which, btw also got a recent change in maps.

You're glorifying RA2 like it is the better game, when infact it just happens to be a matter of preference. RA2 doesn't take more skill play, it takes less. If you don't believe me, ask Tomi; he's said the same thing in the past in a discussion on the forum. RA2 Units build faster, you can easily rebuild what you have lost. In YR you can't rebuild units as fast as you can in ra2, so micro is more important, buildorders are different, there are more maps, and you have to know how to counter Yuri and play all 3 sides fairly well to be considered a completely thorough player.

What gives the impression that RA2 takes more skill is the abundance of skilled players as opposed to YR; the activity level. Not the game itself. YR has always been the harder game to play in terms of gameplay. Thats where you're wrong. Caseybob, under what nicks did you play yr? So I can know if you were actually any good.

Edited by AaSoVGoD, 15 December 2009 - 09:32 AM.

#129 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts
  • XWIS Name: reano

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:32 AM

agreed YvY is my worst game but I fear even all yours and others suggestion it will make no difference. I am even having to play known cheats on both games in some cases. I think we should just enjoy what now remains not complain about how good the past was (the past is always better no..) and just live out the last of XWIS days.

I'm trying to encourage and support the chinese unto the server to see if that will help as activity is the key. I play RA2 a lot as sov and allied of course and to me (and Im way noob on it) I find it more easier. Thats right I find allied and sov more easy to play.... que the commentators.

But really there is not much left to do now except just play for fun and wait for Starcraft2, chinese, etc.

#130 caseybob

caseybob

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:28 PM

You're glorifying RA2 like it is the better game, when infact it just happens to be a matter of preference. RA2 doesn't take more skill play, it takes less. If you don't believe me, ask Tomi; he's said the same thing in the past in a discussion on the forum. RA2 Units build faster, you can easily rebuild what you have lost. In YR you can't rebuild units as fast as you can in ra2, so micro is more important, buildorders are different, there are more maps, and you have to know how to counter Yuri and play all 3 sides fairly well to be considered a completely thorough player.

What gives the impression that RA2 takes more skill is the abundance of skilled players as opposed to YR; the activity level. Not the game itself. YR has always been the harder game to play in terms of gameplay. Thats where you're wrong. Caseybob, under what nicks did you play yr? So I can know if you were actually any good.

The units building faster also means less room for error with your economy(more skill). The units building slower means base defenses are easier to spam relative to tanks which means camping is easier. Camping takes very little micro. The one thing yuris takes more skill in is the controlling of many different units. Because teching happens more you will have to use and counter multiple different types of units and attacks.

So I guess we ultimately agree then; If you think the faster style of play, quick thinking and playing on pure instinct takes more skill, you think ra2 takes more skill. If you think more units, more camping and more tactical thinking takes more skill then you think yr takes more skill. You also make a good point saying all of the good players are on ra2. In the end a good player on ra2 is also going to be a good player on yr; they are basically the same game :)

And I used dualdials in quickmatch last month for yr. I very rarely play yuris for a whole month because every time I try to I just get too frustrated by all of the camping and laming and bailing and mapping that goes on in YR quickmatch. And yes, I don't really know how to use yuri because I've never really tried that hard to figure him out. Once again, its really annoying to deal with all of the bailing. On RA2, I am just your typical 700-800 point rhino noob :p

Edited by caseybob, 15 December 2009 - 07:29 PM.

#131 Apoc2009

Apoc2009

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:03 PM

this has been up for debate so im just wondering how many people would actually like to see this happen if it could. tell us why you think it should be removed/ not removed.

i vote yes. there is no faction like this one so powerful in offense and defense. allies can only match it through tech. sovs can only match it based upon map and desos. i say if we were to remove this most of qm would be balanced. your thoughts ?

The game isn't Yuri's revenge without Yuri.
Having a 3rd faction is fun,even though its slightly stronger than others,it can be defeated,you just need to be skilled. Without Yuri in qm soviets would probably rule,which would be lame,because having more factions means having tactics and ways of gameplay,it doesn't matter if Yuri is overpowered,find a way to overpower a Yuri player. :D

And I know my user isn't in xwis,I can't play online,just had to fill the field with something :p

Edited by Apoc2009, 04 January 2010 - 09:04 PM.

#132 AaSoVGoD

AaSoVGoD

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4319 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:44 PM

The game isn't Yuri's revenge without Yuri.
Having a 3rd faction is fun,even though its slightly stronger than others,it can be defeated,you just need to be skilled. Without Yuri in qm soviets would probably rule,which would be lame,because having more factions means having tactics and ways of gameplay,it doesn't matter if Yuri is overpowered,find a way to overpower a Yuri player. :D

And I know my user isn't in xwis,I can't play online,just had to fill the field with something :p

Well said. In fact, the complete opposite must be done. Maps must be added to YR qm instead of removed. Naval maps, land maps, the whole 9 yards. Everything that was on westwoods old server.

Edited by AaSoVGoD, 17 January 2010 - 11:45 PM.

#133 tojo668

tojo668

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • XWIS Name: tojo

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:09 AM

well said sunny, i agree totally
superweapons off in YvY is the ****ing stupidest idea ever, i remember i played sunny on hidden valley, it took over 1 hour to play, both only camped, the one who attacked lost and it was me
and my record on sahara mirage is 5 times in a row, didnt u even think when ur doing this map adjustments?

i say remove iraq becuase they r overpowered, look at HoF and see what faction who wins over and over again
olaf, fix ur server to the way it was before this **** uve added

#134 Bigfatrat

Bigfatrat

Lieutenant

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:17 AM

It's crazy that this topic is even considered. It's called Yuri's Revenge.
I play it. He beats me alot, but not every time. and it's starting to get a little less.

#135 tojo668

tojo668

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • XWIS Name: tojo

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:24 AM

It's crazy that this topic is even considered. It's called Yuri's Revenge.
I play it. He beats me alot, but not every time. and it's starting to get a little less.

this topic exist becuase there are a bounch of nubs who dont know to play against yuri

#136 truefeel

truefeel

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1588 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:35 PM

Well said. In fact, the complete opposite must be done. Maps must be added to YR qm instead of removed. Naval maps, land maps, the whole 9 yards. Everything that was on westwoods old server.

Naval maps are free points for Yuri players. Infact if I recall correctly, even the old servers made sure you couldn't play Yuri players on naval maps in QM.

What this game needs is a patch; that's only effective way to get a better QM running.

Edited by truefeel, 23 July 2010 - 01:36 PM.

#137 BeHumble

BeHumble

Here & There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2902 posts
  • XWIS Name: LooKaUFO

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:53 PM

I vote yes, Yuri is **** and overpowered.

#138 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:38 PM

your thoughts ?

I think using Yuri if your opponent is Yuri is a far better option then not matching Yuri at all.

#139 PostNextOlaf

PostNextOlaf

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1680 posts
  • XWIS Name: yid

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

agreed

#140 superguppy19

superguppy19

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

nt theres no reason for it at the creaters intendeed the way the game be played if you want soviet and allies go and play red alert 2 

#141 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

Play mirrored, problem solved. Type /mc in the lobby.

#142 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

Just own Yuri as sovs. Its not as overpowered as you think, just requires a different playstyle.

#143 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:22 AM

what a funny topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users