Photo

Removal Of Yuri Warfare From Qm

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

Poll: Remove Yuri From QM?

Yes Or No For Removal

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 AmPLiFY

AmPLiFY

-AuF-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2525 posts
  • XWIS Name: AmPLiFY

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

Lol. I can't believe 9 ppl voted yes. You guys are dumb, it's YURIS REVENGE.

Agreed.

#27 Sovereign

Sovereign

Newly Christend Allied Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2238 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:59 PM

What about if you start in position 6 or 3? Should you be Korea?

wash more.

ok i can see where everyone else is coming from. its not the fact that i lose to them but more often than not how.. its usual through lame play. they dropping miners on my ref.. them spamming discs.. etc. i just wanted to know what the community thought of such an action.

#28 evlkn1ght

evlkn1ght

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:48 PM

wash more.

ok i can see where everyone else is coming from. its not the fact that i lose to them but more often than not how.. its usual through lame play. they dropping miners on my ref.. them spamming discs.. etc. i just wanted to know what the community thought of such an action.

spamming disks just takes flak to own, and if u see a mag coming near u dont let your miner go onto refinery. very simple fixes. it obviously takes a gd game plan to bring down a gd yuri, but its not so grossly OP that the top 10 is all yuri players, in fact there are usually only a few at this point. in fact iraq is OP cuz they get more hof's, lets get rid of deso's i mean poisoning the land? that is lame!

u dont like yuri? ra2 is still alive and well.

#29 pianist

pianist

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1113 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:10 PM

guys, it was just an idea. no need to bash him for proposing it :/

#30 aMurdock

aMurdock

Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3975 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:04 AM

spamming disks just takes flak to own, and if u see a mag coming near u dont let your miner go onto refinery. very simple fixes. it obviously takes a gd game plan to bring down a gd yuri, but its not so grossly OP that the top 10 is all yuri players, in fact there are usually only a few at this point. in fact iraq is OP cuz they get more hof's, lets get rid of deso's i mean poisoning the land? that is lame!

u dont like yuri? ra2 is still alive and well.

Discs are easy 2 kill. GGI IFV's > them. It's the mass camping and the mass masterminds early in game that makes yuri so ****.

And stop this **** with IF U DONT LIKE YR GO RA2. Idiots have been saying that for years.

#31 t3h J3w

t3h J3w

Co-founder of -NRA-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14598 posts
  • XWIS Name: AaSovJ3w

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:39 AM

Lol. I can't believe 9 ppl voted yes. You guys are dumb, it's YURIS REVENGE.

The name of the game has nothing to do with gameplay. The majority of the games on "Yuri's Revenge" are played without Yuri.

#32 aMurdock

aMurdock

Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3975 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:14 AM

The name of the game has nothing to do with gameplay. The majority of the games on "Yuri's Revenge" are played without Yuri.

The "Majority" of players on yr don't play qm either. The "Majority" of yr has always played yuri.

#33 t3h J3w

t3h J3w

Co-founder of -NRA-

• Members
  • 14598 posts
  • XWIS Name: AaSovJ3w

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:31 AM

The "Majority" of players on yr don't play qm either. The "Majority" of yr has always played yuri.

What are you talking about? I'd link you to activity stats, but they're down at the moment. There isn't a majority of YR players in QM, CM or FFG. In fact, they're a small minority. Thank God. :)

Take a look at the ladder. The further down you go, the less Yuri players. http://xwis.net/ladders/ra2_yr/

Edited by t3h J3w, 03 March 2009 - 03:33 AM.

#34 DonCarlo

DonCarlo

Omertan

• ST Retirees
  • 18264 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:49 PM

What are you talking about? I'd link you to activity stats, but they're down at the moment. There isn't a majority of YR players in QM, CM or FFG. In fact, they're a small minority. Thank God. :)

Take a look at the ladder. The further down you go, the less Yuri players. http://xwis.net/ladders/ra2_yr/

http://xwis.net/xcl/index0.php?stats=

Maybe we should rename the game "Revenge against Yuri" :p

#35 Pompski

Pompski

Emilio's Owner

• Strike Team
  • 19855 posts
  • XWIS Name: Pomp

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:57 PM

Did don just make a joke? :fear:

#36 AfC

AfC

Batman Returns!

• Donators
  • 10678 posts
  • XWIS Name: Magnet

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:29 PM

Noone plays Yuri because they can't adapt. The ones that can adapt just choose not to because everyone else doesn't, quite ridiculous but it's understandable when people have abused Yuri with camping and automagging.

#37 AirPowerBro

AirPowerBro

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5755 posts
  • XWIS Name: Brother

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:10 PM

I would like it if they were removed. I love AvS and AvA but dont like vs Yuri. Such a different style of play as allied and I cba with it. I like pressing like mad but can't do that vs yuri.

#38 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts
  • XWIS Name: reano

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:27 PM

Noone plays Yuri because they can't adapt. <--- Wrong The ones that can adapt just choose not to because everyone else doesn't, <-- Wrong quite ridiculous but it's understandable when people have abused Yuri with camping and automagging.

Edited above hi Bri when is the last time you played strong in QM? A few people have been mentioned in previous threads as adapting (from the allied and Sov fractions). Just because some dont want to doesn't mean you should tar everyone with the same brush :cool:

Would love to see your Yuri vs M4ster on certain maps.... Why not come back and show us

#39 AfC

AfC

Batman Returns!

• Donators
  • 10678 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:42 PM

I think what I said was right because people are so used to playing as allies and sovs they can't adapt to change their unit patterns and build orders to face Yuri, thus not adapting to the style of play against Yuri.
Edit: maybe at the end of March, I hope this game comes active again after the rennovation, if it doesn't pick up activity I don't see the point in coming back.

Edited by AfC, 03 March 2009 - 02:43 PM.

#40 AbRoMoV

AbRoMoV

Für immer frei und ungeteilt.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2180 posts
  • XWIS Name: ZooM

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:59 PM

To remove the YR faction is totaly dumb, 12/20 lol wtf

#41 SovForce1

SovForce1

Comrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts
  • XWIS Name: Buffalo

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:29 PM

ok vs yuri its not about adapting or w/e. ppl get **** off playing yuri, becuz playing sum1 with the same skill level. they have to play like a pro by that i mean make 0 mistakes if u make 1 the chances ov u wining drop by far and vs yuri u have to play so much better then vs allied or sov its bull sh it. why shud any1 wanna play it if they have to play 2x better then normaly? yuri isnt that op but still has a sh it loada advantages 1mag > 4tanks jugling in the air, 2 bunkers 2 mags gl wining there.

but i dont believe removing yuri is the best idea

Edited by SovForce1, 03 March 2009 - 03:30 PM.

#42 AfC

AfC

Batman Returns!

• Donators
  • 10678 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

ok vs yuri its not about adapting or w/e. ppl get **** off playing yuri, becuz playing sum1 with the same skill level. they have to play like a pro by that i mean make 0 mistakes if u make 1 the chances ov u wining drop by far and vs yuri u have to play so much better then vs allied or sov its bull sh it. why shud any1 wanna play it if they have to play 2x better then normaly? yuri isnt that op but still has a sh it loada advantages 1mag > 4tanks jugling in the air, 2 bunkers 2 mags gl wining there.

Thing is, one mag can do that when people auto mag the **** out of someone and it takes no skill. I've played with people like Daso and myself and Dean who can use 2-3 mags and juggle tanks without automagging and that takes micro skills.

#43 reano

reano

Captain

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3159 posts
  • XWIS Name: reano

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:03 PM

The both of you stop it right now :cool: Anyone knows that to stop auto magging just get some pills and bring along a load of fodder, planes and deso's. That forces a Yuri to have to manual mag, you all know that so stop it... Next (like I keep saying) some people have mastered beating Yuri so bad that to them it is easier than playing vs a good Sov or Allied. So that argument of I have to be 2x better also does not wash. Stop the crying right now TJ. What you have to get is a 'method' that works better for Yuri and then your mass tanks for everyone else :cool: simple. When I play Yuri I dont just rush a mass of tanks in for them to juggle, whether it's some god from the past that can juggle 50 tanks with one magnetron, blind folded, using just one finger or with auto.....

since you are devoid of tactics let me give you some that work....

1) Use deso's more - When you played Evlk1ght TJ you did not bring them to the battle....
2) Learn the secret of planes
3) Learn the secret of Choppers
4) Learn the secret of standard Gi's in BF's
5) Learn the secret of fodder
6) Learn the secret of miners
7) Everyone knows the mass mirage stuff
8) ooh what about good old Tanya

.....Learn learn learn stop being so d a mnnn lazy. Now I have helped you to my own hurt .....

Edited by reano, 03 March 2009 - 05:39 PM.

#44 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

all this talk about adapting is retarded.

its simple, a pro yuri player should always beat an equal skilled allied or soviet.

simple... thats why we got these changes.
adapting has nothing to do about it

#45 AfC

AfC

Batman Returns!

• Donators
  • 10678 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:00 PM

Of course it is, they can't change their playing style against sovs and allies so they use the same tactics to try and beat the Yuri player, I should know I've played a lot of games as Yuri.

Reano what you've said is right to stop auto magging, it's called adapting your style of play with to deal with the use of Magnetrons. Yes it is adapting because there are no Magnetrons to use in the other factions.. thus not having to use these sort of tactics against the other teams.

Edited by AfC, 03 March 2009 - 08:24 PM.

#46 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:30 PM

ive adapted all my life, i do play yuri quite well, i shouldnt have to be 100% perfect vs a player who has less skill then me however

#47 AfC

AfC

Batman Returns!

• Donators
  • 10678 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

So now you're saying it is down to adapting, thanks.

#48 SovForce1

SovForce1

Comrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:28 PM

thats my point too prep y shud we have to adpt to yuri when yuri will always have the advantages every time and i agree with, when u play a person with a lower skill and u still have to play at urs best. how is this fair ? its not and i aint crying i cudnt care less qms 2 boring for me anyway. love it when yuri players play the blind eye and think its a challenge for a sov or allied to be at a disadvantage gud stuff nubs :D and if ur sayings desos are the answer to wining vs yuri lol @ u desos get stoped easy. but ye most the top 10 games are aranged so it doesnt really matter i supose

Edit if sws were rndom avy a gud allied player wudnt lose much

Edited by SovForce1, 03 March 2009 - 09:40 PM.

#49 AirPowerBro

AirPowerBro

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5755 posts
  • XWIS Name: Brother

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:36 PM

thats my point too prep y shud we have to adpt to yuri when yuri will always have the advantages every time and i agree with, when u play a person with a lower skill and u still have to play at urs best. how is this fair ? its not and i aint crying i cudnt care less qms 2 boring for me anyway. love it when yuri players play the blind eye and think its a challenge for a sov or allied to be at a disadvantage gud stuff nubs :D and if ur sayings desos are the answer to wining vs yuri lol @ u desos get stoped easy.

Edit if sws were rndom avy a gud allied player wudnt lose much

Yea I agree with your last bit. In late game I am often fine vs Yuri as Allied and getting ready to mount an attack and then the supers just kick my butt. If a dominator takes your BF/s or prisms then your screwed.

#50 SovForce1

SovForce1

Comrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:39 PM

yup so i think sws shud be rndom vs avs ava svs and avy. cant have em random on svy cuz sovs wud never win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users